Interesting Challenger 2 idea

DeepSea

1 hour ago, Stef N. said:

Agree that it looks really good but I wouldn't have a clue how to start that camo netting.

Open weave bandage soaked in PVA sprinkled with tea leaves and then  painted white might work😀

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ivan-o said:

Open weave bandage soaked in PVA sprinkled with tea leaves and then  painted white might work😀

Not Earl Grey though as you would end up with a weirdly scented Chally.😀

The good thing is that you wouldn't need an expensive kit or any aftermarket tracks etc because of the netting and snow.

• Like 2

On 3/20/2022 at 9:31 PM, DeepSea said:

That's what I was thinking. However I think I might be shot if I add another kit to the stash 😉

You know the old drill, it was on back-order, already paid for etc etc.....

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

what version of Chal2 is in the pic? No idea what I'm looking at, but I happen to have the RFM non TES kitshown below.

spacer.png

I can't tell you what version it is but it is a very nice kit to make. Well recommended.👍

6 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

what version of Chal2 is in the pic? No idea what I'm looking at, but I happen to have the RFM non TES kitshown below.

spacer.png

Standard Challenger 2  command variant with no additional armour packs, 2 normal antenna and one short uhf antenna

• Thanks 1

On 22/03/2022 at 19:49, neil5208 said:

Standard Challenger 2  command variant with no additional armour packs, 2 normal antenna and one short uhf antenna

Ok. So if - purely hypothetically here - someone were to risk getting another kit for this Dio idea - which one(s) are the most suitable/cheapest 😇

In theory of coures😀 the cheapest would be the Trumpeter kits but they have their issues,then Tamiya a bit more expensive,then the top of the tree the RFM kit! All hypothetical!😂

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ivan-o said:

In theory of coures😀 the cheapest would be the Trumpeter kits but they have their issues,then Tamiya a bit more expensive,then the top of the tree the RFM kit! All hypothetical!😂

Is there a good list of the issues on the trumpeter kits?

The main issue with the earlier releases was the turret bins would not line up squarely! The later version with the bar armour sorted that and has the correct perforated  wheels for a later version. 

2CCF48CE-5B97-4BE9-91E6-300B5B1D8F02

this is the very first release straight OOB, I covered the bin issue with the cam net.

HTH

Ivan

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/26/2022 at 10:16 AM, ivan-o said:

The main issue with the earlier releases was the turret bins would not line up squarely! The later version with the bar armour sorted that and has the correct perforated  wheels for a later version. 

this is the very first release straight OOB, I covered the bin issue with the cam net.

HTH

Ivan

Hi Ivan, where did you get/how did you make the cam nets? Thought about putting some on my Chieftain?

cheers

nick

29 minutes ago, Nick C said:

Hi Ivan, where did you get/how did you make the cam nets? Thought about putting some on my Chieftain?

cheers

nick

Hi Nick, I used an open weave bandage soaked in pva with the green in the mix put it on let it dry and then with pva make the squares and sprinkle with tea leaves and then colour to suit.

HTH,

Ivan

• Like 1

On 26/03/2022 at 11:16, ivan-o said:

HTH

Ivan

Do you have a build thread on this one?

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh... The old, "PVA and Tea Leaves" trick....

Okay, question.... I thought that something was wrong with the Tamiya Challenger 2 ?

Is something wrong with it ? Wrong sized armor blocks on the front, or something ?