Ding ding, round 4.......

I can't resist another build to this infectious GB :) 

Unfortunately i don't have any of the missing subjects but will balance up the Spitfire Hurricane ratio with this nice little kit. 

I anticipate progress will be swift as i am also taking part in the M3/4 STGB which has just started.

So a couple of pics to get the ball rolling, thanks for looking

Cheers Greg :thumbsup:

IMG_20220319_111610.jpg

IMG_20220319_111509.jpg

BTW I am doing the box top version as @CanadaMoe is doing the night intruder option. 

IMG_20220319_120428.jpg

• Like 13

On 3/20/2022 at 10:25 PM, JOCKNEY said:

Great stuff Greg

I was getting concerned that Dave aka @Rabbit Leaderhadn't had anything to update on the build list in a while and he normally gets up to mischief if he's left unoccupied for too long :whistle:

Best of luck with this one.

Cheers Pat

Yes, well you know me all too well. Actually I've left updating the build list for way too long so am now paying the price for my lack of attention! 

Great to see the Matchbox infection biting you again with this Hurricane kit @GREG DESTEC and I'm sure it will look great once built.

Cheers and best of luck.. Dave  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Yes, well you know me all too well. Actually I've left updating the build list for way too long so am now paying the price for my lack of attention! 

Great to see the Matchbox infection biting you again with this Hurricane kit @GREG DESTEC and I'm sure it will look great once built.

Cheers and best of luck.. Dave  

Cheers Dave, I've finished it now 🙂

I'll post some photos later today.

ATB  Greg 👍

• Like 2

10 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Wow, finished already :surprised:

Indeed! 😁

I enjoyed it so much I didn't take many progress shots. I will post pictures shortly. 

Cheers Greg 👍

• Haha 1

Morning all!

Apologies for the lack of updates on this one but it went together so easily, and quickly it distracted me from taking photos, but there are a couple.

All in all another really enjoyable build, which makes me wonder why i bother with the more modern toolings which are by comparison hard work at times! I think i may do yet another build in this GB but first i need to progress the Sherman i am building in that STGB.

Anyway, here are some photos there will be some in the gallery too shortly.

Thanks for looking, cheers Greg

IMG_20220320_113432.jpg

IMG_20220320_113849.jpg

IMG_20220326_091708.jpg

IMG_20220326_094135.jpg

IMG_20220326_094102.jpg

IMG_20220326_094212.jpg

A comparison shot with the newer tool Airfix IIc. The MB kit still looks good for its age, i think :) 

• Like 9

Hi Greg,

first time I see a Matchbox Hurricane built, and I dare say it scrubs real nice.

The trenches are unfortunate, but it looks like a Hurri. And MB without trenches would be disappointing to the many!

Great show.

JR

Edited by jean
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, jean said:

Hi Greg,

first time I see a Matchbox Hurricane built, and I dare say it scrubs real nice.

The trenches are unfortunate, but it looks like a Hurri. And MB without trenches would be disappointing to the many!

Great show.

JR

14 hours ago, IanC said:

Looks great Greg. A smashing build of a Matchbox classic! 👍

18 hours ago, Galligraphics said:

Very nice. This old kit might not have lots of detail but the basic shape is still very good :clap:

21 hours ago, TonyW said:

Clean as a whistle. The Gallery shots look really good, showing the build off to perfection.

21 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Great build Greg:clap:

Thank you all for the kind comments, I'm glad you like my Hurricane 😄

Cheers Greg 🍺🍺

• Like 1

• 9 months later...