1/48 Argentine Armada A-4Q & Bonus 1/35 Sea Dart Missile

Hey BMérs

With 2022 being an Anniversary I'm planning a few Falklands/Malvinas builds. These are the first ones.  I've ended up in a bit of an unintended buddy build with Calum Gibson.  This is my rendition of an A-4Q built from the Hasegawa A-4B with Cat 4 resin bits,  Decals are from Aztec.  I used a TER with Mk82 Snake eyes on the centreline as a MER covered the spot I wanted for the in flight mounting.

The other is a bit of a bonus and was a nemesis of the A-4's - its is the Takom 1/35 Sea Dart Missile launcher.  Built out of box with the red drill missiles loaded. I had to scrounge some white letters for the missiles from spares.

Hope you like my take on the subjects,

20220320-DSC_4042-X2.jpg

20220320-DSC_4044-Edit-X2.jpg

20220320-DSC_4046-Edit-X2.jpg

20220320-DSC_4048-X2.jpg

20220320-DSC_4049-X2.jpg

20220320-DSC_4050-Edit-X2.jpg

20220320-DSC_4054-Edit-X2.jpg

20220320-DSC_4056-Edit-X2.jpg

20220320-DSC_4058-X2.jpg

20220320-DSC_4059-X2.jpg

20220320-DSC_4060-X2.jpg

20220320-DSC_4061-X2.jpg

20220320-DSC_4062-X2.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 66
  • Thanks 2

Wow, very nice models!!

Those in flight bases are incredible for effect as well :) :)

I fear the worst though for the A-4...

I have never seen a SeaDart before! Interesting Ramjet design it seems!!

But would operational ones be signal red indeed?

• Like 1

Very interesting combination. The twin Sea Dart is very well done.

I wouldn't. My understanding is that Sea Dart had very limited capability against low-flying, fast attack aircraft.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, exdraken said:

Nothing to fear from inert drill missiles (red color scheme with blue stripes)   White missiles with a yellow stripe would be another matter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I never knew there was a model Sea Dart missile that's pretty cool. I remember being in the Sea Dart magazine when I was on HMS York and besides the red display missiles the rest were black which looked pretty cool. Great rendition of them and the A4!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dear British Colleagues,
I am currently building this very special system and I cannot decide between two very different paint schemes for the rocket.
-Please tell me the difference between the function of the red and white painted rockets (training or live weapon?). The plan is to make a Falklands era.
-Also question the light grey colour of the launcher stand - relatively accurately. If you can help with a FS code (this is available, but perhaps another paint code would be suitable), thanks!
-I understand that the area around the launcher stand (dark grey?) is an anti-slip (ruffled) surface?
Thanks for your expert help!
Best regards, Istvan

• Like 1

On 3/20/2022 at 3:19 PM, Vultures1 said:

Very nice work on both models, which make an interesting combination. Some great skills on display there - well done!

Most definitely agree!

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 4:22 PM, RegEsb said:

Dear British Colleagues,
I am currently building this very special system and I cannot decide between two very different paint schemes for the rocket.
-Please tell me the difference between the function of the red and white painted rockets (training or live weapon?). The plan is to make a Falklands era.
-Also question the light grey colour of the launcher stand - relatively accurately. If you can help with a FS code (this is available, but perhaps another paint code would be suitable), thanks!
-I understand that the area around the launcher stand (dark grey?) is an anti-slip (ruffled) surface?
Thanks for your expert help!
Best regards, Istvan

Thanks Istvan

the red missiles are training inert rounds. The White and black version is a live round. The colour grey I used just suited my eye. Others will chime in with the correct colour spec but I used something like medium sea grey. Approximately FS36320. 

Thanks all for the comments.

• Like 1