1/125 Type VII sunken with interior.

Yep, another crusty-rusty. I was kindly given this model from a Facebook member, it was pre-built but had some parts missing so, what to do...well, that was obvious. 😆

Been built it was actually difficult to try and get to all the interior spaces but, it came out okay.

The interior has added debris, a very fine powder was used to represent silt and rust encrustations. The exterior is usual sand method, built up in layers.

I also found a 1/125 scale figure so, I made him into a little tiny diver heading towards the open hatch.

All painted and weathered.

There was a part stand but luckily, I had some spare parts in the bit box.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

275310866-685886182537329-15145385739279

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Si.

Edited by eddiesolo
  • Like 13

Ah another one of these excellent submarines! The interior is a very nice touch. Brilliant!

I was looking for your last one just a few days ago because I wanted to send you an invitation to a group build that we have going. It's only been in being as a proposal for just over a week and we are in the bunfight already. Please have a look because it seems exactly right for you.  Regards, Bertie.

• Like 1

That is AWESOME !!!

The old Revell kit is hardly accurate ( especially  the interior) but, you found probably the best way to display it and still keep the " rivet counters" at bay.

Now all you need to do is seal it with a good dose of Gloss-coat, and "sink" it in an aquarium full of fish.

Nice job ! 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 9:50 PM, Bertie Psmith said:

Ah another one of these excellent submarines! The interior is a very nice touch. Brilliant!

I was looking for your last one just a few days ago because I wanted to send you an invitation to a group build that we have going. It's only been in being as a proposal for just over a week and we are in the bunfight already. Please have a look because it seems exactly right for you.  Regards, Bertie.

Hi mate, many thank for thinking of my...er, junk and for me in a group build, I really appreciate it. 

However, I am disabled so struggle with builds and some, like the sub have been on and off projects for months, hence I stay away from things like this as I am not sure how they will turn out. I rarely do a build log for the same reason.

I am chuffed you like it though.

On 3/19/2022 at 11:52 PM, Little Timmy said:

That is AWESOME !!!

The old Revell kit is hardly accurate ( especially  the interior) but, you found probably the best way to display it and still keep the " rivet counters" at bay.

Now all you need to do is seal it with a good dose of Gloss-coat, and "sink" it in an aquarium full of fish.

Nice job ! 

Agree, terrible for accuracy but a easy build for me, over time.  Thank you for you comment and I am pleased you like it.

On 3/20/2022 at 3:49 PM, Carts said:

That's a great looking "Rust Bucket"👍

Cheers mate, glad you like it.

5 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

That's got to be the best yet,lovely job Si....

Ta Vince, has been on the back burner for a while, unlike me having a few projects on the go. I thought it was just okay, finish wise, not my best but, sometimes other folk see things you may have missed or see it differently.  Glad you like her.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, eddiesolo said:

Hi mate, many thank for thinking of my...er, junk and for me in a group build, I really appreciate it. 

However, I am disabled so struggle with builds and some, like the sub have been on and off projects for months, hence I stay away from things like this as I am not sure how they will turn out. I rarely do a build log for the same reason.

I am chuffed you like it though.

No worries. I hope you don't mind if we steal all of your techniques though. 😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vince1159 said:

What does it for me is it's a cutaway and you can see inside which gives an idea of the sort of hell all submainers went through...

Yeah, cramped, cold and clammy, the bedlam of the diesels thundering away and then the possibility of it ending up your coffin.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

No worries. I hope you don't mind if we steal all of your techniques though. 😁

Steal away, no point in showcasing pieces on a model forum if, you are not prepared to let others know how you achieved a look or technique.

• Like 1

There is a update to this model.

After looking at the close up pics I noticed some areas that I had missed, mainly in the interior so, I went back, added some more debris and added some rust to places that were missing (near the front edges).

I also added a decal with the type of sub, found a spare in the decal box. I then painted the torpedo stands props in a bronze finish.

Some slight effects to the hull but, apart from that, the overall appearance is pretty much the same.

I was going to sell this, space is a premium for models but, it goes with my 1/125 scale full hull sunken sub so, decided to keep it 😃 

Edited by eddiesolo
  • Like 1