1/35 MiniArt Grant Mk1 w/full interior

6 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

How's it going?

Thanks for asking Bertie, not much done over the last week or so a lot of RL stuff getting in the way and I seem to have lost some of my enthusiasm for this kit mainly I think due to how many builds I have on the bench at the moment and not sure which one to do first, however I have managed to clean up all the running gear parts yesterday and going to try and get the tracks done this week. I haven't got any paint on anything yet but if I can get most of the interior parts cleaned up so when I do get around to painting I should be able to get most of the interior painted over a couple of days as it is mainly white.  Your build is looking great btw.

Stu

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Blade2009 said:

Thanks for asking Bertie, not much done over the last week or so a lot of RL stuff getting in the way and I seem to have lost some of my enthusiasm for this kit mainly I think due to how many builds I have on the bench at the moment and not sure which one to do first, however I have managed to clean up all the running gear parts yesterday and going to try and get the tracks done this week. I haven't got any paint on anything yet but if I can get most of the interior parts cleaned up so when I do get around to painting I should be able to get most of the interior painted over a couple of days as it is mainly white.  Your build is looking great btw.

Stu

Darned real life! I'm lucky that I barely have one. 😆

I'm glad you are still with us.

• Like 2

Hi Stu. Sorry you are not enjoying your build as much as you'd hoped. It happens to all of us at times. I hope you do feel like continuing as you looked to be making good progress last time seen.

Kind regards, 

Stix

Thanks @Corsairfoxfouruncle  and @PlaStix I am still making some progress with it just a lot slower that I would have liked but some progress is better than none, still plenty of time left so I'm sure I can get a lot more done before the final date even if I don't get it completed.  I am my own worst enemy really by having lots of builds on the bench at the same time and never getting anything finished.  I will post pictures later of where I have got to so far with the Grant.

Stu  

• Like 3

A few more parts cleaned up including all the running gear parts and a small amount of assembly I managed to break a few of the Ed5 parts removing them from the sprue so replaced all 12 of them with brass rod.

Grant 14 Grant 13

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I have made some good progress today managed  to get some primer on a lot of the parts and started to clean up some of the parts for the tracks.

Grant 15 Grant 16

• Like 5

On 5/9/2022 at 1:38 PM, PlaStix said:

Hi Stu. I am really pleased this is still progressing! Lovely progress too.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix a bit more done today all the parts that I had previously primed have been painted white and I have made a start on the tracks. 

Grant 17

• Like 3

I have now finishing the assembly of the tracks and have started to paint some of the interior detail, it should be ready for a few coats of clear sometime this week and I will be able to start on weathering the interior.

Grant 18

• Like 3

2 hours ago, edjbartos said:

The tracks look great Stu..

Ed

Thanks Ed they went together quickly once I worked out the best way for me to assemble them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have now started the weathering of the interior not something I have ever done before so not sure if I may have over done it a little bit.  I plan on adding some chipping next and some more grime and dirt to the floor areas.  This is not going to be finished in time but would like to think I can get the main interior finished and closed up so at least it will start to look like a Grant.

Grant 20 Grant 19

• Like 6

A bit more weathering on the interior I think the chipping seems to have helped improve the overall look of the interior.  Overall progress with this build is slow, as I thought it would be but I am managing to do a little bit of work on it most days but will still need another couple of months yet to finish it.

Before an after second stage of weathering

Grant 21 Grant 22

• Like 6

Another update on the Grant, a lot of the main interior is now finished just a few smaller parts to paint and fit.  I am going to try and make a start on the engine over the week end and try and get it finished and fitted before the end date.

Grant 23 Grant 24 Grant 25

• Like 4

14 hours ago, edjbartos said:

That's looking really good Stu, the interior looks great and nicely worn, now that I have seen this I'm looking forward to starting mine...

Ed

Thanks Ed I am fairly pleased with how this has turned out considering I have not done any weathering on a interior before.  I will have to get this build moved to the AFV WIP thread after the end date so I can continue to show any progress over the next few months.

Stu

• Like 1