Hi all

I have been working on this little beauty on my FAA thread.

This is from the Cyberhobby kit which goes together superbly.  I know there are some errors in the curve on the upper side of the fuselage profile but I am very pleased with it. 

I have added the cartridge shell shoots, the aerials and the seats are Pavla items with wire ejector pull handles. I also made the centre part of each wingfold mechanism

Brush painted with Humbrol EDSG and Colourcoats Sky.

Here's a link to the multiple WIP

I have modelled XG731 which was on HMS Centaur.  I used am image that I came across online from a Facebook group who are FAA enthusiasts. I will post a copy of this for reference purposes   the photo is credited to a Mark Taylor on Facebook and I am thankful that he posted it

spacer.png

Enough of the waffle here's the model

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking in 

Chris

• Like 55

1 hour ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Excellent modelling Chris- the close up shots show just how very good a job you have done.  Well done sir!!

Colin

Thanks Colin, very kind of you. I am pleased with it and it's a cracking kit.  I am doing a large scale one now.  I hope that turns out as good.

17 minutes ago, phildagreek said:

That’s nice!

Thanks Phil,  very kind.

Chris

1 hour ago, wellsprop said:

Very nice! 

Thanks Wellsprop,  got the large one to get on with now and a Sea Vampire accidentally got started too:whistle:

28 minutes ago, Vultures1 said:

Excellent work Chris, well done!

Thanks Vultures, pleased with how it turned out.

25 minutes ago, russ c said:

Great looking Sea Venom there Chris, esp` good work on the wingfold

Thanks Russ very kind fella,  the kit one isn't bad they just missed the large part in the centre, it's a very well engineered kit though

24 minutes ago, billn53 said:

Niiiice!

And you certainly fooled me, until I double-checked, I thought this was 1/48!

Thanks Bill that's a lovely compliment,  I wish I had a 48th scale kit  just way out of my price range though!!!

Thanks guys for your kind comments 

Chris

Chris,

That is beautiful work. I think you've really captured the original, and the paintwork is impressive in its subtle modulation. Impressive mate!

Cheers,

Roger

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Chris,

That is beautiful work. I think you've really captured the original, and the paintwork is impressive in its subtle modulation. Impressive mate!

Cheers,

Roger

Thanks Roger, very kind .  I am pleased with the finish and slight weathering and have an another FAA aircraft from Dad's ship in the collection.   Thanks fella.

22 minutes ago, Pete in a shed said:

Very nice indeed Chris. The stance is just right, just like the photo.

Pete

Thanks Pete, the kit front undercarriage leg swinging arm is in the wrong position and had to be cut and swung down and about 3mm from the main legs otherwise it would have been Twerking😉

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 2

1 minute ago, keefr22 said:

How you get paintwork like that with a brush still amazes me Chris - another absolutely brilliant model!

Keith

Thanks  Keith very kind of you, there were some issues on this one and I had to rub some areas down to re do them , that was disappointing and when that happened I put it down for a few days to allow Mojo recovery. 

Thanks fella

Chris

• Like 1

Nice job Chris,.... I do like the scheme you chose too,..... with the lower than usual demarcation along the cockpit `pod',.... makes me want to finish off mine! 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tonyot said:

Nice job Chris,.... I do like the scheme you chose too,..... with the lower than usual demarcation along the cockpit `pod',.... makes me want to finish off mine! 

Thank Tony,  it did make it appealing instead of the higher demarcation as slightly different, although before they painted the wing tip tanks in bright colours.  I am also doing the Matchbox 32nd scale Sea Venom at the mo too, but might do that in the box art scheme depending on how the decals perform.   

Oh yes go on and finish yours it will be great to see that one too.

7 hours ago, Robin-42 said:

Excellent work! Wing fold nicely distracts from whatever outline errors it has. 

Thanks Robin, I had never seen one built before until Alistair built his lovely model.   Up until that point I had only heard of issues from others, but seeing Alistair's build made me get one and what a cracking kit.  Most kits have errors, but I think it looks like a Sea Venom and they have got the nose shape right which is important for this type. 

Thanks guys

Chris

• Like 1

That's a little beauty.  Some terrific brush work and wing fold detail.  I've read a couple of scathing reviews of this kit but your looks exactly on the money.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

That's a little beauty.  Some terrific brush work and wing fold detail.  I've read a couple of scathing reviews of this kit but your looks exactly on the money.

Thanks Meatbox8  very kind of you, I had heard some bad things but it really is a lovely kit with great fit and some great detail.  Although some is a bit simplified .  

I would recommend this to anyone who loves the type.

Thanks

Chris

• Like 1

Congratulations Chris !!

Really nice Sea Venom !! :mike:

Now I need a 1/48 Sea Venom too.

Great attention to details and always that hand painting skill !!

Well done Sir !! 

BZ

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1