Strikemaster Sura Rockets 1/48

Jackster

Hi does anyone know of a source of Sura rockets in 1/48? I am aiming to do a Strikemaster from the battle of Mirbat. Or does anyone have any photos or drawings for scratch building?

I also need to source Sultan of Oman decals, I have found some in 1/72 so may need to scale them up?

Cheers

Kev

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jackster said:

Hi does anyone know of a source of Sura rockets in 1/48? I am aiming to do a Strikemaster from the battle of Mirbat. Or does anyone have any photos or drawings for scratch building?

I also need to source Sultan of Oman decals, I have found some in 1/72 so may need to scale them up?

Cheers

Kev

Hi Kev

Do these help?

AbkQf5.jpg

AbkCUD.jpg

John

• Like 1

How the heck do they work, it looks like the rocket kind of picks up the tail fins as its leaving? Either way it'd be a nightmare to model in 1/48 let alone my chosen 1/72. Having recently read Rowland White's "Storm Front", one of these Strikemasters is on my to do list, at least in 1/72, there are Xtradecals to cover it. I'll tag along if I may. :) 

Steve.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

How the heck do they work, it looks like the rocket kind of picks up the tail fins as its leaving?

definitely intereseting concept!

Seems the fins's mouting tube also serve as a guide rail/tube during ignition....

• Like 2

Hi Guys

Thanks for the photo's they are excellent! Certainly look's a strange concept but then not too difficult on the scratch building front?

On 3/19/2022 at 9:00 PM, exdraken said:

Seems the fins's mouting tube also serve as a guide rail/tube during ignition....

It does look that way?

Cheers

Kev 

• 11 months later...
18 hours ago, AmaruTG said:

Hi

Vespa Models just released a SURA rocket set in 1/48 scale. 

Amaru

I just mail ordered! Thanks Vespa.

https://vespamodels.com/product/vkmp-48004-oerlikon-sura-d-air-to-ground-rockets/

The Vespa's 3-D printed rockets came in three tiers.

However, I noticed from photos of Omani Strikemasters and Jet Provosts of South Yemen and Iraq, show them carried in 4 tiers.

Will have to do a bit of mods when received!

• Like 1