MARDER III Ausf M

Afternoon all........spent the last week finalising the Marder started back in April 2020, intending to take it to the meeting of the MAFVA club tomorrow for show and tell. Sorry about the quality of the pics. I'll try and take some better one's maybe next week. 

Cheers

Simon.

p?i=7897108a3b164094177b2d48a78e9341

p?i=e09c1c759e644c4789588d7f0dc39bfa

p?i=401f032440561eac63f1474f824cc20c

p?i=918d68ea31e43fcc966ad8f02c08d94e

p?i=fb347f44b08fb170c2e357542ed13f60

• Like 32

Probably said this before but you arn't half bad at this lark!

Even just the way the dirt has accumulated above the rear idler and has sprayed onto the fighting compartment tells a story. 

Look really good with a figure or two.....:whistle:

Inspirational modelling 

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Nenad Ilijic said:

This is fantastic Simon. Everything is spot on.

Nenad

Thanks Nenad.....:yes:.......I used this piece to experiment with new methods I'm developing. It didn't go exactly to plan and I went a little darker on the overall look that I was planning. I'm trying to develop a method to create that "patina" that there seems to be present on all Axis AFV's from the images I have on record.....and weighing up how far to take to take it.

Thanks again for taking a look mate.

13 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Probably said this before but you arn't half bad at this lark!

Even just the way the dirt has accumulated above the rear idler and has sprayed onto the fighting compartment tells a story. 

Look really good with a figure or two.....:whistle:

Inspirational modelling 

Darryl 

Cheers Darryl :yes:.....I have a past career in design and scenic painting and display for museums, theme parks etc.....so that come's in handy........but as I said t Nenad, it went too far in places....but managed to bring it back and not get too dark and loose the camo' pattern........ It's really difficult not to loose so much of the under paint detail in places, that's something I have to work on in future projects.......and yes I aim to do figures for it and I hope a dio' or two by years end.

Thanks again to both....

Regards

Simon.

• Like 1

Hi Simon,

The Marder isn't my favorite AFV, but that doesn't stop your work from being top notch.
I really like the interior especially, and its accessories.
Perhaps, a little less mud would have been better, since a lot of detail has been lost under it, but as you say, I see that you are trying new methods.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

• Thanks 1

On 19/03/2022 at 10:20, Redcoat2966 said:

It didn't go exactly to plan and I went a little darker on the overall look that I was planning.

That looks spot on to me Simon, it gives the impression of recently acquired dirt that is still damp. That's a lovely little model.

Wayne  

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2022 at 10:51 AM, mullac2001 said:

Fantastic work well done 

On 3/19/2022 at 10:58 AM, Longbow said:

Brilliant work, Simon !!

On 3/19/2022 at 12:36 PM, Milan Mynar said:

Great work, it means building, painting and weathering.

On 3/19/2022 at 6:50 PM, StuartH said:

Outstanding work again. Mud splatter/speckling is tremendous 👏

On 3/22/2022 at 10:36 AM, Bertie Psmith said:

Terrific modelling.

On 3/22/2022 at 5:47 PM, FrancisGL said:

Hi Simon,

The Marder isn't my favorite AFV, but that doesn't stop your work from being top notch.
I really like the interior especially, and its accessories.
Perhaps, a little less mud would have been better, since a lot of detail has been lost under it, but as you say, I see that you are trying new methods.
Cheers and TC
Francis.👍

On 3/23/2022 at 8:02 PM, diablo rsv said:

That looks spot on to me Simon, it gives the impression of recently acquired dirt that is still damp. That's a lovely little model.

Wayne  

1 hour ago, nimrod484 said:

Great job, Simon. I like to see dirty AFVs…

1 hour ago, Carius said:

Excellent build and finish Simon.

I love the look of a very dirty panzer.

Cesar

Thanks all for the positive comments. Appreciate you all taking a look......and yes Francis it was an experimental project. I know now from this project what the base colour brightness HAS to be, to proceed with weathering etc. I have an additional set of PE for the Marder III M, so I might try another if I can pick up the Tamiya kit for a good price n the future and apply the learning curve to that what I gathered on this one.

Thank again to you all......:yes:

• Like 1