A M4 with a M1, together they are called 'APACHE'

Hi Bob. Great to see the tracks are on. Always a good feeling to get them out of the way. They look smart too,

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/04/2022 at 20:38, Retired Bob said:

An update on some work that I've managed to do on Apache, I tried several brands of olive drab paint, Tamiya was too dark, Lifecolor had more lumps in it than a bag of sugar cubes so I tried some Vallejo air with some extra thinner in it, it makes a good base colour to work from.  The blade has been painted up using the only photo of Apache that I have, there is a large steel section where the paint has been worn away and lumps of 'mud' have been added, it's a work in progress as they say.  Anyway here's the photo:

IMG_1860

Most of the fiddly bits, the brush guards over the lights and the horn have been fitted so now it's time to get the detail painting done and start the weathering.

Any comments or questions are always welcome.

A well-done model up to this point 👍

I also like the painting on the dozer blade very much-the number 3 is the cherry on top of the cream 😋

MD

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I'm fairly happy with the olive drab finish so I applied a gloss finish to get the decals on.  I used the kit 'stars in the ring' on the bow cover and turret roof but I cannot find the Bison decal sheet for the other markings, I've been searching all over but I have put in a very safe place after putting the number 3 on the dozer blade.  After getting this close to the finish line I'm not happy about being unable to find it.  I just need the 'Apache' name and the large red number 6 for each side and then it's almost done.

IMG_1885

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I'm really hope you are able to get this finished Bob! It's looking superb at the moment and will hopefully be a superb addition to the Gallery! Good luck with finding the decals!

Kind regards,

Stix