The Minor Gustavs: Bf 109Gs in Smaller Air Force Service

Very nice. I especially like the balance and colours of the Czech scheme, and the Yugoslavian one with the message is very cool too. 

You've done so many kits this year. I found myself daydreaming about mucking further with my Hurricane... still haven't finished one 🙃!

• Like 2

Just caught up on this thread!  How did I miss it?   Anyway, loving the results so far.  Great stuff.  :clap2:

My recent failed Blitzbuild has re-kindled my interest in the Bf109, so maybe I didn't look too hard before - apologies.

I also like your philosophy of "informed inaccuracy" (if I've got that correct).  Very similar to my own.  I like to know what it should be.  I'll do best I can with my skill levels and stuff available, but not worry too much if I can't do everything.

cheers

Rob

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
On 9/22/2023 at 4:06 AM, Zephyr91 said:

Just caught up on this thread!  How did I miss it?   Anyway, loving the results so far.  Great stuff.  :clap2:

My recent failed Blitzbuild has re-kindled my interest in the Bf109, so maybe I didn't look too hard before - apologies.

I also like your philosophy of "informed inaccuracy" (if I've got that correct).  Very similar to my own.  I like to know what it should be.  I'll do best I can with my skill levels and stuff available, but not worry too much if I can't do everything.

cheers

Rob

Certainly no need to apologize, Rob, and glad you find my "philosophy" resonating with yours. I hate finding out later I did something wrong. Would much rather know beforehand and decide to proceed inaccurately if that's what I decide to do. 

I know it's been awhile, have there been any more Bf 109s constructed by @Zephyr91?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ModelingEdmontonian said:

I know it's been awhile, have there been any more Bf 109s constructed by @Zephyr91?

Not sure where we're up to !  I did 3 last year .  Blitzbuild and 2 in the Desrt Gb, but not had time for others.  None scheduled for this year.  I'm currently embroiled in Twins GB  😁

cheers

Rob

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zephyr91 said:

Not sure where we're up to !  I did 3 last year .  Blitzbuild and 2 in the Desrt Gb

Oh yes, a couple of lovely Emils! I particularly liked the mottled camo. I built a Bf 109 for that GB too, only a Frederich, not a Gustav, and in 1/144, not 1/72.

embed?resid=C186C5DB049B4795!65724&authk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1