1/48 - G.D./L.M. F-16 Fighting Falcon/Viper family by Kinetic - F-16A/AM, KF-16U & F-16C/D block 25/30/42/52 released - next: RoCAF F-16A/B & F-16V; Polish F-16C; Thaï F-16AM

Homebee

9 hours ago, Scooby said:

I say it is a Snowbird Tutor, Raymond promised this to a dearly departed close friend who was involved in so many of his releases.

A Snowbird Tutor would have very very limited appeal IMHO.  It would seem like a good way to lose money

• Like 2

I wonder what Kinetic actually gain from announcing that they're going to release a new kit at the tail end of the year? Apart from if they went out of business, it is surely a given that they would release a new kit at some point. And whatever they do eventually release, people will know about it and will buy it if they want it, or won't if they don't. As far as I can see, it just generates eight months of us arguing over whether the Skyhawk or Mirage F.1 has more variant and marking options, stating that "I think a Nord 1500 Griffon would be the best seller ever because I like it" and posting sarcastic rubbish like "they should release a Spitfire" (as I recently did). And when September slips to January 23 and a CAD image finally appears, someone will point out that the port wing is missing and it'll get indefinitely delayed. Meanwhile they will release another Starfighter boxing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Filler said:

I wonder what Kinetic actually gain from announcing that they're going to release a new kit at the tail end of the year? Apart from if they went out of business, it is surely a given that they would release a new kit at some point. And whatever they do eventually release, people will know about it and will buy it if they want it, or won't if they don't. As far as I can see, it just generates eight months of us arguing over whether the Skyhawk or Mirage F.1 has more variant and marking options, stating that "I think a Nord 1500 Griffon would be the best seller ever because I like it" and posting sarcastic rubbish like "they should release a Spitfire" (as I recently did). And when September slips to January 23 and a CAD image finally appears, someone will point out that the port wing is missing and it'll get indefinitely delayed. Meanwhile they will release another Starfighter boxing.

It's just a bit of fun and we'll find out what Kinetic are releasing in a few months. It's also sometimes a curious way of finding out what it isn't

Right now, I've got my sights firmly set on the forthcoming new tool Airfix 1/48 S.2C Buccaneer (and Revell 1/32 Hurricane). Like many others, I like to plan ahead a bit to avoid buying bottlenecks and even to run on a theme for a while.

If Kinetic do Release an LTV A-7A/B/C/E it's going to pull me into the consumerist trail of the Kinetic Prowler & Hawkeye, Tamiya Tomcats and Hobby Boss Intruder for a year or more. If it's a Douglas A-4, I'm sticking to 1/32 Naval jet aviation. If it's a Mirage F.1 I'll probably get the Kinetic SuÉ to go with it. So, the conjecture is all part of life's magical mystery tour. And if it's nothing of interest I'll buy a bottle of single malt. 

Tony  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Calum said:

A Snowbird Tutor would have very very limited appeal IMHO.  It would seem like a good way to lose money

Maybe in Australia, it would be a big seller in North America, the Hobbycraft kit goes for insane numbers. 

8 hours ago, Scooby said:

Maybe in Australia, it would be a big seller in North America, the Hobbycraft kit goes for insane numbers. 

I can see it having some popularity in Canada -  not so much in the US and virtually none elsewhere in the world.  Just because the Hobbycraft is unavailable and thus goes for high prices doesn't mean that if it was suddenly available it would be popular  .  Rarity doesn't equate to popularity in my experience.   

Of course all this is my opinion so I accept I could be completely wrong.  But I think a Tutor would be a bit of risk if making a profit is a concern. And I'm pretty sure Raymond wants to make a profit  🙂

• Like 2

On 4/7/2022 at 6:59 PM, Scooby said:

I say it is a Snowbird Tutor, Raymond promised this to a dearly departed close friend who was involved in so many of his releases.

I confirm to you there is currently a top model craftsman in Canada working on a 1/48 scale Canadair CT-114 Tutor project.

I will let this model craftsman to eventually announce it himself when this project has passed its first stages

of realization and will become reality.  

🙂

SharkOwl

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SharkOwl said:

I confirm to you there is currently a top model craftsman in Canada working on a 1/48 scale Canadair CT-114 Tutor project.

I will let this model craftsman to eventually announce it himself when this project has passed its first stages

🙂

SharkOwl

And then a new tool 1/48th Avro CF-100 Canuck please 🙏

V.P.

• Like 3

Some long shot candidates:

General Dynamics F-111 Aardvark

NA F-100 Super Sabre series: the Trumpeter kit has errors and there are many possible marking options

Also, I would not say “No” to a new 1/72 B-47 either.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SharkOwl said:

🙂

SharkOwl

Good to know, Kinetic was working on one. In fact the first release was planned to be 1/32 scale. Sadly when Rick passed away I think it dropped off the list of kits in the pipeline.

10 hours ago, Calum said:

I can see it having some popularity in Canada -  not so much in the US and virtually none elsewhere in the world.  Just because the Hobbycraft is unavailable and thus goes for high prices doesn't mean that if it was suddenly available it would be popular  .  Rarity doesn't equate to popularity in my experience.   

Of course all this is my opinion so I accept I could be completely wrong.  But I think a Tutor would be a bit of risk if making a profit is a concern. And I'm pretty sure Raymond wants to make a profit  🙂

The Snowbirds are regular performers in the US and are popular there too.

I knew the owner of Mikerian Mercandile, who were the first distributor of Hasegawa kits to North America. Their warehouse was in Edmonton, AB (Canada). He had told me Hasegawa distribution to Canada was equal to that of the US, in some years it exceeded the US. Even though we have a smaller population, we have a strong modeling community up north. And this association and high number of modelers in Canada, is the reason Hasegawa used to release so many Canadian SP kits.

For roughly five years, and unknown to me, Kinetic was a guest of mine for tours of the flight line during Maple Flag at Cold Lake. He had media credentials and was closely accompanied by a close friend of mine (who also had media credentials but in all reality he was a modeler looking for pictures). Kinetic was actually conducting research for their releases! Raymond was flying in from China and working in collaboration with my friend, who was friends with Raymond. Again, this resulted in all of his Canadian releases (I gave him full access to the Hawks in Cold Lake, which resulted in the 1/32 release). A Tutor was in the works, in fact it was planned as a 1/32 release.

When Rick passed away from cancer, I think this plan ended with his passing. I was told Raymond was confident the Tutor would sell well, as I am.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Some long shot candidates:

General Dynamics F-111 Aardvark

NA F-100 Super Sabre series: the Trumpeter kit has errors and there are many possible marking options

Also, I would not say “No” to a new 1/72 B-47 either.

Sadly, the F-111 seems to have been ruled out, along a whole bunch of other stuff by someone allegedly "in the know", who also ruled out anything that hasn't been done before in the unspecified scale. 

What's the biggest kit Kinetic have made? Hawkeye? So, I don't think we're getting anything larger, although I vaguely recall talk of a big 1/72 C-17 at one time. 

Would most like a big Sea Harrier, but that hasn't been done in 1/32, only 1/24. Biting into existing competition? And within Kinetic's subject matter and eras? Beyond what's been ruled out, it's got to be a Scooter, SLUF, Mirage or a lesser known trainer, or they are going nuts and taking on Tamiya's Navy jets. 

Tony 

• Like 1

So we know the new kit is scheduled for release during August/September but has there been any indications from Kinetic on Facebook or other media as to when they will REVEAL what kit it will actually  be? 

Bjarne

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Phantom726 said:

So we know the new kit is scheduled for release during August/September but has there been any indications from Kinetic on Facebook or other media as to when they will REVEAL what kit it will actually  be? 

Bjarne

In October.

😜

• Haha 5

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 (?) - Completely new tooling Kinetic model kit unveil on May 30th, 2022 - release August/September 2022

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel/posts/pfbid0xib2DVgBxdrKhvo9ZJEZEAeHSkhitfzvJQ4XNxib9jMsT1RW1YanFUEhT4gfPo6cl

We feel the need... The need of a New Release!!!

In one week, 7 days, we will be proudly announcing the new member of the Kineticmodel Gold Series, a completely new tooling. A model kit that bring to life a new technology on project, details and possibilities. We are happy to introduce better model kits to the market on every new project.

Are you curious? Make your bets!!!!

283516055-2162901120543654-2654864292541

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

On 09/04/2022 at 21:47, Stefan Buysse said:

Hi,

I'd just love a family of Skyhawks with easy  to close (or closed) airbrakes.

Cheers, Stefan.

Me too! Loads of variants, and plenty of decal options. That certainly seems quite in line with what Kinetic do... 

Fingers crossed! 

I hope it is something really new or an improvement of existing kits of a Viggen, a Su-15, an F-111, or an F7U Cutlass.

I hope it’s not an F-14, 15, 16 or 18.  We have more than enough of those.

j

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IT_Man said:

Could be something Top Gun related, given the text above the crystal ball?

I think you’re onto something. I just can’t see them doing an F-14 or Super Bug with all the other kits of those aircraft out there. That would leave the A-4 Skyhawk. I guess an F-18E/F would be more likely than another F-14 given that there are 1/48 Tomcat kits from Tamiya, HobbyBoss, AMK, Academy, Hasegawa (getting a bit long in the tooth but still decent), and the GWH kit is lurking in the wings somewhere.

For the Super Bug you have Hasegawa, Meng, HobbyBoss, and Revell (meh!).

For the A-4 there is really only Hasegawa and HobbyBoss with modern kits though Italeri keeps reissuing the ex-ESCI kit. I wouldn’t touch the HB A-4 just because it lacks separate leading edge slats.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

For the A-4 there is really only Hasegawa and HobbyBoss

Hopefully we'll get the early Skyhawks in 1:48, since those aren't readily available from Hasegawa or Hobbycraft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sturmovik said:

Hopefully we'll get the early Skyhawks in 1:48, since those aren't readily available from Hasegawa or Hobbycraft.

I would be on board with that

• Like 1