1/48 - G.D./L.M. F-16 Fighting Falcon/Viper family by Kinetic - F-16A/AM, KF-16U & F-16C/D block 25/30/42/52 released - next: RoCAF F-16A/B & F-16V; Polish F-16C; Danish F-16B; Thaï F-16AM

Homebee

On 3/24/2022 at 1:58 AM, Giorgio N said:

A really complete series would require 4 different sets of wings (early slatted, 6-3, F-40, Mk.6) and at least 5 fuselages (day fighters, D, K, H, Avon Sabre... assuming that the differences in the A and the Orenda powered variants would be covered by moudling the rear fuselage separately, otherwise it would mean 7 fuselages).

It would be a massive job ! Not that it would be a bad thing though, while 1/48 isn't my preferred scale I may be tempted myself by a few variants...

Only if they start with an accurate "K" model.  I think they'd sell a bunch of those.  Revell AG started to modify their D into a K.  If you've never looked at the inside of the fuselage haves you can see the clear beginnings of work on the molds to do a K but I guess Revell found out what an extensive mod it would be and shelved the idea.  Cheers!

OK, the new kit appears to be created to be a huge improvement over something that's been produced by other manufacturers. My favorites have been posted and apparently ruled out as not being contenders (F-105, F-111 and Sabre series). The Crusader also appears to have been ruled out, as has the Mirage F.1, BAC Lightning and others. It's something some will be wildly excited about. I think about something that has been mentioned several times here at BM but is often discounted as not likely. So my guess is it's a B-58A, to be followed by a TB-58A. Here's hoping.

On 3/23/2022 at 9:58 AM, Bozothenutter said:

A-4 Skyhawk

- no proper ones available

- a million different users (fits their marketing scheme)

- about the same number of versions (fits their marketing scheme)

As they have a Falklands conflict theme going on, a A-4 Skyhawk would fit that bill.
It is after all 40y since that conflict took place.

• Like 1

I think I saw on another thread (Academy/GWH A-10s) that it's an Italian jet. Logically that takes me to the Aermacchi MB.326 (assuming the G91 is not counted as already announced).

MB.339 to replace the FREMS is possible. Italeri did once announce that they would create, but never happened. That would cover the "delight" aspect with a Frecce Tricolore Livery perhaps?

9 hours ago, SAT69 said:

OK, the new kit appears to be created to be a huge improvement over something that's been produced by other manufacturers. My favorites have been posted and apparently ruled out as not being contenders (F-105, F-111 and Sabre series). The Crusader also appears to have been ruled out, as has the Mirage F.1, BAC Lightning and others. It's something some will be wildly excited about. I think about something that has been mentioned several times here at BM but is often discounted as not likely. So my guess is it's a B-58A, to be followed by a TB-58A. Here's hoping.

Too big, surely? 

I am assuming it's 1/48. Maybe an LTV A-7 series, to help round up their USN line-up. The latter would make a lot of sense to me, and actually would tempt even though I have two 1/32 Zacto-corrected Trumpeters on the go. Actually, probably because I have two Trumpeters on the go. Nice'n'easy would make the subject fun again. 

Tony 

4 hours ago, tony.t said:

Too big, surely? 

I am assuming it's 1/48. Maybe an LTV A-7 series, to help round up their USN line-up. The latter would make a lot of sense to me, and actually would tempt even though I have two 1/32 Zacto-corrected Trumpeters on the go. Actually, probably because I have two Trumpeters on the go. Nice'n'easy would make the subject fun again. 

Tony 

Too big for some, perhaps. But then there are modelers buying the current very large kits and the manufacturers know that. A 1/48 Kinetic B-58 would be no larger than the old Monogram kit.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

Too big for some, perhaps. But then there are modelers buying the current very large kits and the manufacturers know that. A 1/48 Kinetic B-58 would be no larger than the old Monogram kit.

Unless one of them is very wrong.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sebastien said:

Unless one of them is very wrong.

I've read complaints about the Monogram B-58 being hard to build and its lack of detail in some areas but never heard any regarding it being dimensionally inaccurate. The new Kinetic release most likely won't be a B-58 but I'd be beyond ecstatic if it were ... WAY beyond!

I was just joking, TBH.

It seems the number of nozzle petals is wrong on the Monogram kit (not much in the way of dimensional accuracy or lack thereof), that's about it.

Cheers,

S.

11 hours ago, IT_Man said:

I think I saw on another thread (Academy/GWH A-10s) that it's an Italian jet. Logically that takes me to the Aermacchi MB.326 (assuming the G91 is not counted as already announced).

MB.339 to replace the FREMS is possible. Italeri did once announce that they would create, but never happened. That would cover the "delight" aspect with a Frecce Tricolore Livery perhaps?

The Italeri MB339 had to be the same FREMS reboxed in Italeri's box, Italeri did not succeed in making the agreement with Frems so at last the kit was cancelled and we never had a Frems 339 in Italeri box, Italeri did not have intentions to develop and make new 339 kit, from the beginning.     

30 minutes ago, Bozothenutter said:

Most seem to be missing that the 'common ground' in Kinetic kits is multiple users/versions.

A lotof the wishes already mentioned are single country use, or had only a few versions.

A Bf109 then.

😋

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Bozothenutter said:

Most seem to be missing that the 'common ground' in Kinetic kits is multiple users/versions.

A lotof the wishes already mentioned are single country use, or had only a few versions.

True, but that's not to say they might not deviate from that norm. A very popular single user/single variant could sell well for them. We'll just have to wait and see.

Single user/single norm: Lockheed A-12A Blackbird? Would complement the new Revell 1/48 SR-71A rather nicely.

7 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I've read complaints about the Monogram B-58 being hard to build and its lack of detail in some areas but never heard any regarding it being dimensionally inaccurate. The new Kinetic release most likely won't be a B-58 but I'd be beyond ecstatic if it were ... WAY beyond!

The whole engine nacelles are oversized by quite a bit.

J

On 4/6/2022 at 1:42 PM, SAT69 said:

I meant too big for Kinetic. I can't imagine them making such a large tooling. More of Trumpeter or Hobby Boss territory, though I'd rather they did a 1/32 scale Hustler, F-106A or Halifax B.III.

Kinetic would do well with a 1/48th LTV A-7 series. The Hobby Boss Corsair II has a ghastly nose/canopy and the Hasegawa kit is both rare and a bad fit. Kinetic would do well to complete the latter 20thC carrier deck jet line-up with the SLUF and maybe also an S-3 Hoover.

Tony 

I really would not mind Kinetic releasing their own version any Hasegawa's 1/48th jet series that Kinetic doesn't already make.  They could clone Hasegawa's kits and I wouldn't mind.  It makes no sense to me that Hasegawa sits on molds without keeping them in production.  

Good candidates for replacement:

1. A-4 Skyhawks - Impossible to find early variants.  Lots of variants and lots of users.  
  2. F-8 Crusader - lots of markings, not so many users. Skinny nose and recon variants have never been in a mainstream kit. I really want a F-8C
  3. AV-8B - several variants with lots of markings across several users. Kinetic already has first gen Harriers, kind of makes sense to continue to second gen.
  4. AH-64 - Several users and variants. Still a frontline attack helicopter with no replacement in sight.

What Kinetic doesn't need:

1. F-4, F-14, F-15 - Unless they are going to somehow make a Tamiya quality kit for half the price, don't bother with another kit of something that already has recent excellent kits.
  2. Anything Russian - Now is not the time and like above there are already recent very good kits of Mig-29 and Su-27 series.

• Like 1

What is the only important fighter aircraft type missing in this Kinetic Falklands warriors gallery - see herebelow ? To me: the A-4B/C Skyhawk.

Some could also mentioned the MB339A & T-34C Mentor, but... 

Time will tell.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel/photos/a.150625411771245/2124003364433430/

2022 is the time to remember the men who fell for their countries 40 years ago on the cold islands of the South Atlantic. Argentine and British soldiers fought for the Falklands/Malvinas Islands by land, sea and air.
We at Kinetic Model always keep these men in mind when we prepare a new model. Our way of honoring these warriors is to create models that become a piece of memory on stands around the world. The fun of building a new model has also become a historic tribute to these men. We, the modelers, are a kind of historians... we will always honor our heroes from all countries with our in scale stories

277802387-2124003361100097-7477167465163

Remember:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235004125-148-douglas-a-4-skyhawk-rumour-by-kinetic/

And in 2014 Kinetic Models published a OA-4M Skyhawk render... A project reported cancelled.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234958047-148-kinetic-oa-4m-possibly-more-than-just-a-rumor/&do=findComment&comment=1586057

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, PouK9 said:

Maybe Eurofighter? Revell is good, but IMHO very hard to find in stores.

It can be hard to find and I understand it can be hard to assemble. Something about the windscreen and canopy doesn't look right either. Eurofighter single and two-seaters would be most welcome. I'm in for the two-seater.

13 hours ago, Homebee said:

What is the only important fighter aircraft type missing in this Kinetic Falklands warriors gallery - see herebelow ? To me: the A-4 Skyhawk.

Some could also mentioned the MB339A & T-34C Mentor, but... 

Time will tell.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel/photos/a.150625411771245/2124003364433430/

Remember:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235004125-148-douglas-a-4-skyhawk-rumour-by-kinetic/

And in 2014 Kinetic Models published a OA-4M Skyhawk render... A project reported cancelled.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234958047-148-kinetic-oa-4m-possibly-more-than-just-a-rumor/&do=findComment&comment=1586057

V.P.

On that basis, so is the Canberra. Like the Scooter, not a fighter but very agile. 

Tony