1/48 - G.D./L.M. F-16 Fighting Falcon/Viper family by Kinetic - F-16A/AM, KF-16U & F-16C/D block 25/30/42/52 released - next: RoCAF F-16A/B & F-16V; Polish F-16C; Thaï F-16AM

Homebee

On 3/18/2022 at 8:25 AM, Calum said:

No one commenting here or on Facebook has any idea what they will release.  This is just a (simple) mechanism to derive more likes /clicks

Agreed Calum - waste of time. 

Gets up my behind too.

• Like 2

Food for thought: Kinetic capitalized on the Starfighter's many variants and world wide use and it paid dividends. The F-100 saw broad use, not to the extent the F-104 did, but would a new tool series of F-100s make sense? I understand the Trumpeter kits have their faults and the venerable Monogram/Revell F-100D is overdue for replacement. Might it be they don't intend to release something new that won't be a series of kits (F7U-3 or F11F-1, for example)? Given the quality of their recent releases, would a series of F-105s make sense? As I recall, no one has come close to producing a really superb F-105; all that have been released have had notable faults. Looking forward to your thoughts!

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Thomas V. said:

Announcement six months in advance, someone failed at advertising at Kinetic, in my view latest trend of " announcing announcement" weeks or months ahead getting tiresome and bit annoying.

Maybe, but it's harmless fun. 

13 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Food for thought.... As I recall, no one has come close to producing a really superb F-105; all that have been released have had notable faults. Looking forward to your thoughts!

That would be cool. I was thinking the same thing. Not much international flavour though. Mirage F.1 on the other hand, now that Kitty Hawk have died a death. Could, of course, say the same about the Sepecat Jaguar. 

Still dream of Kinetic scaling-up its first generation Harriers to 1/32. But I don't know where Kinetic stand with that scale. Hasn't been any movement since the 100 series Hawk.  

Tony

• Like 1

I think the F-104, F-5, Mirage series as well as their F-16 have been very successful in that they can continue to re-box with different decals and offer new variants to get the most amount of mileage from their molds.  This would suggest something used by many countries with a variety of variants.  As noted by others the A-4 skyhawk fits the bill but there are lots of others.

There is nothing better than a model company who declares an exciting new release but gives zero information about what it might be.

Cue 128 pages of wants, desires, wishlists and wild speculation followed upon release of said kit by 127 pages of disappointed modellers grumbling that it's not my scale or the price is too high or why could they not have a done this or that because the modelling world really needs a new one of them.

Love it. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Shock- horror. Breaking news. Model company announce 📣 proposed release of model in scale they normally manufacture and no more details. So unless they were totally stopping production altogether it’s business as normal then :D

You know I realise just how much I miss the days of walking in to Woolworths or the local model shop thinking if maybe I will buy another Spitfire to find out of the blue they have a 1/72 Storch, Liberator, Shackleton or WW1 1/76 tank just in that week with no advance warning other than a quiet word to retailer and now selling like hot cakes. Plans quickly changed and a dash home to start.  I recall all of those events clearly in my modelling life but not the modern product announcement and online purchase that followed.  Still that’s progress. :(

• Like 7

1 hour ago, JohnT said:

Shock- horror. Breaking news. Model company announce 📣 proposed release of model in scale they normally manufacture and no more details. So unless they were totally stopping production altogether it’s business as normal then :D

You know I realise just how much I miss the days of walking in to Woolworths or the local model shop thinking if maybe I will buy another Spitfire to find out of the blue they have a 1/72 Storch, Liberator, Shackleton or WW1 1/76 tank just in that week with no advance warning other than a quiet word to retailer and now selling like hot cakes. Plans quickly changed and a dash home to start.  I recall all of those events clearly in my modelling life but not the modern product announcement and online purchase that followed.  Still that’s progress. :(

;)

• Haha 4

Everybody is talking about which type it is going to be but I am more interested and that new technique that will be incorporated which we never have seen before in modelling!

Still betting on that starch based model……to be glued with the same based glue!

cheers, Jan

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, janneman36 said:

Everybody is talking about which type it is going to be but I am more interested and that new technique that will be incorporated which we never have seen before in modelling!

Still betting on that starch based model……to be glued with the same based glue!

cheers, Jan

I still think it's steel pins incorporated into a slide moulded landing gear leg, or realistic indium tin oxide gold jet canopies. 

What needs the former? Something with cantilever landing gear like the Mirage F.1 or Sepecat Jaguar? 

Tony

• Like 2

Actually it would be great if they'd totally retool their F-16 series. It is an absolutely unworthy model I their current line and does not reflect Kinetics vastly improved capabilities... 

Can't imagine though that the tool would be worn out already...

What else besides the F1?  MiG-23 maybe fits the bill, but is a rather complicated and potentially not that popular subject....

F-111 would be hugely popular by the way ;)

My bet is on A-4 , and F1....

• Like 1

Let’s try to narrow list of subjects. 

1) Western jet

2) wide international use

3) Lack of modern kit or marketing flaws of sale of existing kit (hello FREMS and Hasegawa)

Fiat G.91 (announced)

BAE Hawk (made in 1/32 scale)

Mirage F.1 (announced)

F-4E

A-7

Jaguar?

MB.339?

• Like 2

Can't see an F-4E.... thinking of the ZM kit.... but who knows? wasn't eduard also announcing one for the next quadrillion years?

the Mb.339 is an interesting option, but there are actually 2 nose versions, that is all in structural variants afaik would also fit with Kinetics affinity with Italian models (... F-104S, M346 Master, G.91, AMX, )

Mb-326  instead??

A-7.. yes, why not... but does it fit the line?

I stay with the F1 or A-4 for the time being ;)

Well, since it's guess the kit time, I'll throw my guess too: 1/72 F-104 family !

That would fit very well with the desire of issuing something that can be reboxed plenty of times with different markings, like they did with their 1/48 Starfighter family.

Of course this is not going to happen, particularly as Kinetic have mentioned in the past that they will not bother with 1/72 kits so there's no reason from my side to expect such a kit... but since we're throwing wild guesses, why not try with one that is guaranteed not to happen ? Imagine the satisfaction if it does happen ! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

As I'm pretty confident it won't be :

- a 1/48 Gannet AEW3

- a 1/48 Tu 128 Fiddler

- a 1/48 Handley Page Victor

I think I can leave my interest level in that news where it's at now (ie in the meh minus regions).

Edited by Sebastien

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

A-7.. yes, why not... but does it fit the line?

Many variants from A to E externally has no many differences (mostly guns). Most moulds could be used for all versions.

USN Variants are good for US market, colorful greece schemes allows many different boxings.

• Like 1