1/48 - G.D./L.M. F-16 Fighting Falcon/Viper family by Kinetic - F-16A/AM, KF-16U & F-16C/D block 25/30/42/52 released - next: RoCAF F-16A/B & F-16V; Polish F-16C; Thaï F-16AM

Homebee

not one of the mentioned kits will be the new Gold series release...it will be spectacular for some, disappointing to others...but it will bite the market of existing renderings... 😎

3 hours ago, mr.T said:

not one of the mentioned kits will be the new Gold series release...it will be spectacular for some, disappointing to others...but it will bite the market of existing renderings... 😎

Intriguing. Do you have inside information? What precisely is a Gold series release other than with gold printed on the box and possibly a bigger PE fret? 

Within the bounds of realistic options, and not one of the previously mentioned subjects and which would also bite into existing renderings and be spectacular

Sukhoi Su-15 series 

What would bite into existing renderings and might be disappointing? 

Yet another Eagle. 

Tony 

7 hours ago, Bozothenutter said:

A-4 Skyhawk

- no proper ones available

- a million different users (fits their marketing scheme)

- about the same number of versions (fits their marketing scheme)

I was of the impression the Hasegawa Skyhawks were very nice kits, but I'm open to being corrected.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

I was of the impression the Hasegawa Skyhawks were very nice kits, but I'm open to being corrected.

And they're. I built the A-4M in 48th. I think the comment touches on the availability part. Hasegawa has only released consitently the A-4M and the E/F. The earlier marks haven't been seen from them in a long time. And when they do appear, they quickly go out of stock.

• Like 1

Is a complete series of 1/48 Sabres beyond the realm of possibility? Duncan would get his much longed for F-86A and I'd have my much desired F-86H. Color and markings variations would be in the hundreds and who doesn't like the Sabre? Consistent quality across the range of kits would make the series a must.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SAT69 said:

Is a complete series of 1/48 Sabres beyond the realm of possibility? Duncan would get his much longed for F-86A and I'd have my much desired F-86H. Color and markings variations would be in the hundreds and who doesn't like the Sabre? Consistent quality across the range of kits would make the series a must.

I think it is very possible as they were flown by a large number of countries and there are quite a few variants. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I don't think it matters much how good Hasegawa's kits are as they don't make any money for Kenetic.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SAT69 said:

A really complete series would require 4 different sets of wings (early slatted, 6-3, F-40, Mk.6) and at least 5 fuselages (day fighters, D, K, H, Avon Sabre... assuming that the differences in the A and the Orenda powered variants would be covered by moudling the rear fuselage separately, otherwise it would mean 7 fuselages).

It would be a massive job ! Not that it would be a bad thing though, while 1/48 isn't my preferred scale I may be tempted myself by a few variants...

• Like 5

On 3/23/2022 at 9:09 PM, SAT69 said:

Lets add a CAC Sabre as well. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2022 at 10:42 AM, mr.T said:

.but it will bite the market of existing renderings... 

Meaning nothing totally new :(

- but vastly improved and available :)

Hasegawa mist likely the target, no?!

I hope for Kinetic that they do it right then ! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Lets add a CAC Sabre as well.

Definitely. Every version to satisfy every Sabre enthusiast. I like the CAC Sabres too!

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 4:58 AM, Giorgio N said:

A really complete series would require 4 different sets of wings (early slatted, 6-3, F-40, Mk.6) and at least 5 fuselages (day fighters, D, K, H, Avon Sabre... assuming that the differences in the A and the Orenda powered variants would be covered by moudling the rear fuselage separately, otherwise it would mean 7 fuselages).

It would be a massive job ! Not that it would be a bad thing though, while 1/48 isn't my preferred scale I may be tempted myself by a few variants...

Sounds like that would be right up Eduard’s alley. They are the masters at accommodating multiple variants in a single kit tooling.

• Like 1

OK, here's another shot: A 1/48 series of Hawker Hunters. Yes, Airfix produced some Hunter single seaters and they're grand, but a complete series to include the two-seaters. At one time, the way the Revell 1/32 Hunter is designed, I thought they had in mind producing the twin seater but alas that didn't happen. Personally, I like the two seaters much more than I do the single seaters. Hard to explain but I'd welcome a series like that.

• Like 2

Revell big Hunters sold poorly, why I cannot understand, although keeping both F.6 and FGA.9 in wholesale catalogue / on offer less than year and a half did not help, another of Revell " mysteries" or how not to utilise ones toll bank properly.

3 hours ago, Thomas V. said:

Revell big Hunters sold poorly, why I cannot understand, although keeping both F.6 and FGA.9 in wholesale catalogue / on offer less than year and a half did not help, another of Revell " mysteries" or how not to utilise ones toll bank properly.

It's a beautiful 1/32 model. I have three and a Fisher T.7 conversion. But I'd sell the T.7 set if Kinetic did do a 1/48 Hunter twin. The original overall high speed silver finish made the trainer especially attractive, and the Swiss Breitling tiger job is no slouch either. 

And the FAA GA.11 was very smart. A lot of Arab shades of coffee and sand too. 

Tony 

• Like 2

On 23/03/2022 at 08:58, Bozothenutter said:

A-4 Skyhawk

- no proper ones available

- a million different users (fits their marketing scheme)

- about the same number of versions (fits their marketing scheme)

Yes! 

I could imagine kinetic doing this - I can hope. 

On 3/24/2022 at 3:37 AM, SAT69 said:

For their time they were, And they are still the best kit of that aircraft in any scale but they're showing their age when compared to many modern tooled aircraft from Tamiya, Meng and Eduard.   They have many poor fitting inserts along with inconstant panel lines along with some other issues . See below

https://hamfisted-modeller.blogspot.com/2020/06/building-148-hasegawa-skyhawk.html

Edited by Calum