1/35 Miniart British M3 Lee - North Africa 1942. "FINISHED"

Hi everyone, another small update, I've been a bit bogged down doing the baggage and tools, but they are done now and fixed to the tank body. Here are a few photo's...

y4mzt2SocgMgnnPq964y9lTmAZc5z25U2L7s_ABr

y4m5wRHeol0Ugo_6W1-_cEefdCVyEj5V45y3ioBV

y4mFs68qiVK698rIIBoNDeSz4kibX_Xer2uSX6Fk

I'm not too far off completing the tank now, a few more bits to do such as the aerial and the mount for it and a few bits I need to tidy up. Then It's onto the base which I have started to do and finally the painting of the figure...

I'll be back when I have more to show...

As always, thanks for looking in..

Ed

• Like 13

Hi Ed, 

Gorgeous. And a Lee. I like the dust effects. Great kit isn't it? 

Ray 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ray_W said:

Hi Ed, 

Gorgeous. And a Lee. I like the dust effects. Great kit isn't it? 

Ray 

Many thanks Ray, appreciate that. Indeed the kit is brilliant to make, so much so that I ended up buying a few more to do later on.😀

all the best

Ed

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Blade2009 said:

Looking very good Ed, the weathering and baggage look great.

Stu

18 hours ago, SoftScience said:

That looks sharp. 

I love the OD sand shield

Many thanks chaps, really appreciated....

Ed

That really is looking fantastic Ed. The overall appearance is really impressive! Looking forward to seeing the figures and the base too!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PlaStix said:

That really is looking fantastic Ed. The overall appearance is really impressive! Looking forward to seeing the figures and the base too!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you Stix, that's much appreciated...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone, It's been a while since my last update. Some jobs around the house then a week on holiday. So now I have finally had a chance to complete the remainder of this project. I have added some extra pieces to the tank i.e aerial, which is aluminium wire and added my commander figure. I'm not one for doing figures, this has taken a while as I'm a bit out of my comfort zone.

Then I completed a very basic base, made out of a picture frame then added DAS clay which I had buried in the garage for about 8 years unused, then added a few rocks and stones to give a bit of interest. 

Here's a photo of the base....

y4mkDo8w8w-n3gQAVlW4dk5D7RxcflTNpOfaJbPx

So now I can declare that this project is now finished, here are some photo's...

y4m9VwBQJSjg8xFLg9SN3aCZVHTTxQA8BMJEsBta

y4mcC611045_nP09PolFLR903PfFQTGfaH9G4_de

y4m9W4ke9HznbwweeebBx_jIDZcPPmMMkhRnEuSY

y4m8TYDpKjtOFlUTIfC5Wzx-pUFiKt-ndDYdilF_

y4mc0aCbuQm0ksDoHJy-dK4JBESJeCK1an6IIpeB

y4mJ3F2vF5gR1pUL0TLG7w82xUugrFB1Sr-kbX5N

y4mJPmpK1p7FTzz50mJeRUEwhbsdKGLLgqlHamRE

y4m-9UmVmRHhL5EXTs46jxr6h3rnKdHqP1kbETWx

That's it, finally finished, I have really enjoyed my first group build, I have had lots of fun seeing everyone's progress. As for this build the tank has been a joy to make, not too difficult, I found it just right. I have learned a lot of new things as I don't usually do figures or bases, but now will most probably do them in future builds.

Thank you to everyone who have looked in and commented, I have really appreciated that...

all the best

Ed

• Like 8

• edjbartos changed the title to 1/35 Miniart British M3 Lee - North Africa 1942. "FINISHED"

Looks really good Ed. Definitely worth you taking the effort on the figure and the base as they both came out good and add to the finished model. Well done.

George

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thats turned out to be an excellent build. 

Thank you Dennis, much appreciated, I really enjoyed doing this...

1 hour ago, Geo1966 said:

Looks really good Ed. Definitely worth you taking the effort on the figure and the base as they both came out good and add to the finished model. Well done.

George

Thanks George, I actually quite enjoyed doing the figure and base, not something I normally do, but will start doing so in the future. It's just a nice change doing something different...

all the best 

Ed

Hi Ed. I am really pleased you enjoyed your first Group Build and you have produced and absolutely excellent M3 Lee! The detailing, weathering and final presentation, including the figure, are all truly superb!! It makes a a great addition to the Gallery. Very well done! :worthy:

And thank you for building it in this GB!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Ed. I am really pleased you enjoyed your first Group Build and you have produced and absolutely excellent M3 Lee! The detailing, weathering and final presentation, including the figure, are all truly superb!! It makes a a great addition to the Gallery. Very well done! :worthy:

And thank you for building it in this GB!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you Stix for your kind words and also thankyou to both you and Dennis for hosting this GB, It's been great fun....👍

Ed

• Like 1

Turned out brilliantly Ed, not just the Lee but the figure and base too.

The commander sits very naturally in his hatch, superbly done.

The base really compliments the build too, nice how it sits 'in' the groundwork as opposed to sitting "on" it, if that makes sense.

Great modelling!

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

Thank you Darryl, much appreciated. I'm pleased how everything has turned out, the commander and base were nice to do, a bit of a change to just doing a tank, really enjoyed it...

all the best

Ed

• Like 1