1/35 Miniart British M3 Lee - North Africa 1942. "FINISHED"

Nicely done Ed, similar position with the Sheman myself.

As has been said the green will break up the overall sand colour nicely, which has been applied to your usual super high standard too.

Aspirational modelling!

Darryl 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I do like your go-faster stripes! That’s going to make the thing a lot more interesting and also easier to ‘read’ than the big sandy mountain effect that I got from overall yellow. 

8 hours ago, Geo1966 said:

Looking good Ed and i to like the green sand skirts.

George

7 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Nicely done Ed, similar position with the Sheman myself.

As has been said the green will break up the overall sand colour nicely, which has been applied to your usual super high standard too.

Aspirational modelling!

Darryl 

Many thanks to all of you, your comments are really appreciated...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Blade2009 said:

Looking very good Ed and the tracks look great.

Stu

Many thanks Stu, Miniart can be a bit hit and miss with their tracks but these ones are great to assemble once you have got into a rhythm...

all the best

Hi there everyone, a very quick update, I have now started upon weathering my M3. Firstly I applied a satin varnish to the tank and added the decals to the turret, I then did a light pin wash and then varnished again using a matt varnish. I then added some chipping to the edges of the sand skirts front and back. Then mixed some white and a little bit of yellow ochre oil paints, heavily diluted and added some streaks to the sides of the tank and skirts and afterwards applied the mixture to all the rivets.

Here are a couple of photo's...

y4m-93j3u9ewJntA0DupYBZy-3whfFU6MvSD_Dme

y4mhjKWtjAVWo2w2neLR2wgbzkA6lTUuedmLw-En

Next up is more weathering and detail painting, then onto the tools and rope etc...

See you soon

Ed

• Like 9

Looking soooo good Ed, the fading and streaking on the green has worked really well.

As has the faded sun bleached sand colour.

Great modelling. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Looking soooo good Ed, the fading and streaking on the green has worked really well.

As has the faded sun bleached sand colour.

Great modelling. 

Thank you so much Darryl

26 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Will you be adding some oils and greases next? It's interesting to see how people sequence these things

Yes I will add grease and oils a bit later on. I have just done basic weathering at the moment, once I get everything added like the baggage, tools etc then I'll go and finalise the weathering and blend everything together, then add oils and stains etc

all the best to you both

Ed

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, edjbartos said:

Yes I will add grease and oils a bit later on. I have just done basic weathering at the moment, once I get everything added like the baggage, tools etc then I'll go and finalise the weathering and blend everything together, then add oils and stains etc

I frequently get lost in all of the weathering stages and do things in a less than efficient order. But then again, that seems to apply to life as a whole. 😄

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I frequently get lost in all of the weathering stages and do things in a less than efficient order. But then again, that seems to apply to life as a whole. 😄

There's no correct order in doing the weathering Bertie and to be honest until you mentioned about the grease and oils I had totally forgot about them! Ha....

• Like 1

On 11/05/2022 at 12:55, edjbartos said:

Hi there everyone, a very quick update, I have now started upon weathering my M3. Firstly I applied a satin varnish to the tank and added the decals to the turret, I then did a light pin wash and then varnished again using a matt varnish. I then added some chipping to the edges of the sand skirts front and back. Then mixed some white and a little bit of yellow ochre oil paints, heavily diluted and added some streaks to the sides of the tank and skirts and afterwards applied the mixture to all the rivets.

Here are a couple of photo's...

y4m-93j3u9ewJntA0DupYBZy-3whfFU6MvSD_Dme

y4mhjKWtjAVWo2w2neLR2wgbzkA6lTUuedmLw-En

Next up is more weathering and detail painting, then onto the tools and rope etc...

See you soon

Ed

Hey Ed

Up to here very nice model-Miniart was once again conquered by you 💪

The colour contrast on the side skirts is top and helps the dusting even more 👍
It's always a bit difficult on light models with a desert theme.

Keep it up!

MD

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, THEscaleSHOW said:

Hey Ed

Up to here very nice model-Miniart was once again conquered by you 💪

The colour contrast on the side skirts is top and helps the dusting even more 👍
It's always a bit difficult on light models with a desert theme.

Keep it up!

MD

Thanks for your kind comments MD, I like the skirts being a green colour as I think it adds a little bit of  visual interest being a different colour in what is a predominately a sand scheme...

9 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

You aren't the only one!

The hours I must have lost just looking at a model thinking what the chuff do I do now! (T34)

(And the first to suggest the skip...:fight:)

Or better still, how the flip did I do that? Whatever it was I'll bet I won't be able to do it again! (Shot Kal)

And some joker suggested modelling was fun and relaxing....

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

It's a scaled down version of our real lives, sometimes fun and easy, sometimes not so much...

Ahhhh, I was wondering why I had the urge to weather the car!

• Haha 2