British Airways B757-236 in 1/144

Here is my finished Boeing 757-236 in 1/144 scale from the Zvezda kit in the ‘Animals & Tree’s’ World Tails livery from British Airways registration G-CPEL. The aircraft entered service in April 1989 with Air Europe. It then joined the BA fleet in August 1992 where it served passengers out of Gatwick and Heathrow. It was then transferred to FedEx in June 2010 where is was given registration N946FD and is still active with them today. 

This kit goes together seamlessly with very little sanding and filling required. It’s great that is has both engine options as well as having either the newer blended winglets or the classic wing tips. I’ve never built the Minicraft or EE kits but I absolutely can’t recommend this kit enough! The beautiful decals are from Ray at 26Decals. The Animals and Tree’s livery originated from Botswana and was designed by artist Cg’ose Ntcox’o who is of the Ncoakhoe People of the Kalahari Desert and the design depicts seven jackals at an oasis. It was wore by 7 other aircraft in the BA fleet around the same time. 

Paints used were Halfords appliance white for the upper fuselage, Halfords Fiat Capri Blue for the lower fuselage and engine nacelles and Halfords Racking Grey for the wings and stabilisers. Metals are a mix of Revells aqua range. The decals are excellent quality and I highly recommend them!

I am already working on a few more BA liveries, the B767-300 in the Chelsea Rose livery and a B757 in the Landor livery. As always, all comments and feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for looking.

Regards,

Alistair 

BA B757-200 in 1/144 scale BA B757-200 in 1/144 scale BA B757-200 in 1/144 scale BA B757-200 in 1/144 scale BA B757-200 in 1/144 scale BA B757-200 in 1/144 scale BA B757-200 in 1/144 scale BA B757-200 in 1/144 scale BA B757-200 in 1/144 scale BA B757-200 in 1/144 scale BA B757-200 in 1/144 scale

• Like 34

Very neat build.

Nice to see so many 757s turning up here on BM,just recently added my 2 Minicraft builds.

Currently working on a Zvezda 757 thats near completion.

Thanks for sharing

• Like 1

Excellent work Alistair. The build, the finish and the weathering are top notch. It's good to know how well the kit goes together - I'll get round to the pair in my stash eventually.

I wasn't a fan of the World Images until Margaret Thatcher's famous handkerchief moment. When I realised how much she disliked them I became an instant convert! 

All the best and thanks for sharing

Dave G 🇺🇦

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 17/03/2022 at 15:59, Alex1978 said:

Very neat build.

Nice to see so many 757s turning up here on BM,just recently added my 2 Minicraft builds.

Currently working on a Zvezda 757 thats near completion.

Thanks for sharing

Thank you 😀! Yeah it has been really nice fhoohj I seem to keep missing some of them 😅! I did see yours, cracking finished B757’s from yourself 👌🏻!

On 17/03/2022 at 20:35, Skodadriver said:

Excellent work Alistair. The build, the finish and the weathering are top notch. It's good to know how well the kit goes together - I'll get round to the pair in my stash eventually.

I wasn't a fan of the World Images until Margaret Thatcher's famous handkerchief moment. When I realised how much she disliked them I became an instant convert! 

All the best and thanks for sharing

Dave G 🇺🇦

Thank you Dave, I hope you are well? It really is a good kit and the decals from Ray arr superb so that is always an added bonus! Yeah I did read about that and thought that would amuse several people 🤣

Take care and thank you again for your kind comments and feedback. 

Alistair

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/03/2022 at 06:19, BerndM said:

Awesome build and the livery looks really nice.

:thumbsup:

Thank you very much 😃

On 31/03/2022 at 07:05, GP2705 said:

Very nice JOB   💯

Thank you 😃

On 31/03/2022 at 09:55, Bertie Psmith said:

Smart work

Thank you 😃

• Like 1