T-33SF Armée de l'air Platz/Italeri 1/72

This is the Platz kit recently reboxed by Italieri, really is a great little kit both in fit and details. Decals from the kit for Ecole 314, Tours AB, 1962. The T-33SF were the ones the French upgraded with Hispan-Suiza licence built Nene engine. I biult this to represent the one I have been Helping to restore.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 58

30 minutes ago, Pete in a shed said:

Lovely looking T-33 with all that dayglo trim.

Pete

Thx, apart from the tail surface tips its all supplied decal which fits, and goes down very well.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, kapam said:

Lovely T33!

I was unaware that Italeri have the Platz tooling for this - I will keep an eye out for it in my LHS.

👍👍

Worth getting as the decal sheet is first class

14 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Nice looking T-bird Julien, I wouldn't mind a couple as I’ve all the F-80’s now. 

All of them! what the best for a P-80C I need to build one of those

Julien

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Julien said:

Worth getting as the decal sheet is first class

All of them! what the best for a P-80C I need to build one of those

Julien

I have both the Airfix and the Sword, I should've said Injected molded. Im not aware of resin or others except maybe re-pops of the Airfix kit. The Airfix I believe is closer to an F-80A dimensionally/canopy, I would recommend the sword kit even with the multi piece intakes. Though the  Sword intakes are tricky, Ive been told there are a couple of kit-bash’s that can be done. You can take the intakes from either the Airfix or the Platz/Italeri T-33 ? And splice them in. The other bash is to use the T-33 and remove the two fuselage plugs to shorten it and then graft in the canopy section from the Sword or use an aftermarket vacuum canopy. 
      Of course if you dont mind switching scales there are the Hobby-boss & Revello-gram kits, and the 1/32 special hobby monster. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

Great job! It seems to me that the engraved panels are a little bit deep for the scale and the nose slim (may be the camera lens effect ???). I have built the Sword kit in a USAF version, not an easy one and not perfect. 

Very nice T-bird!

5 hours ago, PATRICK FROM THE SANDS said:

Great job! It seems to me that the engraved panels are a little bit deep for the scale and the nose slim (may be the camera lens effect ???). I have built the Sword kit in a USAF version, not an easy one and not perfect. 

Very nice T-bird!

I find the panel lines fine, as for the nose after being around the real one it looks fine to me, the tapering anti glare panel makes it look a bit slimmer than it is

• 2 weeks later...