Hermes / Evri Courier

Roof Rat

Hello all

To stop me going totally round the bend does anybody have a contact email for Hermes / Evri couriers please.

Their automated chat system does not cover the subject I'm trying to find out about so I just keep going round in circles, and their automated telephone system doe's not understand the Queens English so its around in circles again, and cost's a fortune.

Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you.

RR (Chris)

Ahhhh, Hermes, the only courier company that in its email notification says it"will attempt to deliver" your parcel - attempt! Like they have a choice.

We live a bit off the beaten track and Hermes are totally unreliable, one parcel took six weeks to be delivered, in fact it arrived the day after its replacement!

I cannot advise on how to get in touch with them, they are obviously trying hard to be uncontactable as their service is so ruddy poor.

• Like 1

I love the name change - what I see is the word 'Evil'. Their marketing people are clearly of a similar calibre to their delivery people.

I regularly get texts from them about an imminent delivery of a package. Of course its not for me, so I wonder what poor person is missing their delivery today. If at all possible I've learned to avoid buying anything that I know will be delivered by Evil. Unfortunately not all companies (I'm looking at you Amazon) tell you who the courier will be until you get a despatched notice. Given that we pay for the delivery service, I think it should be a legal requirement that the courier be named at checkout before you press the 'Buy' button.

Cheers

Colin

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Roof Rat said:

Hello all

To stop me going totally round the bend does anybody have a contact email for Hermes / Evri couriers please.

Their automated chat system does not cover the subject I'm trying to find out about so I just keep going round in circles, and their automated telephone system doe's not understand the Queens English so its around in circles again, and cost's a fortune.

RR (Chris)

The phone number I have is 0330 808 5456. It may help or it may not! 

The instructions are "Follow the automated menu system and enter any account or parcel information. Once you get to speak with a customer service representative, you may need to present your package's tracking number and your Hermes account details to verify your identity."

P

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Roof Rat said:

Hello all

RR (Chris)

Some more info courtesy of my wife -

MyHermes Complaints Contacts

Visit Customer Services.

Call Customer Services on 033 0333 6556.

Visit Live Chat.

Email Martijn deLange (Chief Executive Officer (CEO)) on [email protected].

Tweet myHermes Customer Services.

Not sure about the email address with the change of company name. The MyHermes website closes on 26th March I believe and if you try and login to MyHermes you get automatically diverted to Evri!

HTH

P

• Thanks 1

Good morning all

Thank you for your responses, I'm very surprised from reading yours and others experience's with Hermes they lasted as long as they did, doesn't look to bright for Evri either judging from the report on the BBC news yesterday. DPD or UPS for me from now on. 

Thank you all again.

RR (Chris)     

26 minutes ago, Roof Rat said:

I'm very surprised from reading yours and others experience's with Hermes they lasted as long as they di

I have to assume they are the cheapest option for online sellers - when my kids were at home a lot of stuff from the online clothing retailers seemed to arrive (or not) via Hermes. I suspect they probably have discounted deals with major sellers

Cheers

Colin

24 minutes ago, ckw said:

I have to assume they are the cheapest option for online sellers - when my kids were at home a lot of stuff from the online clothing retailers seemed to arrive (or not) via Hermes. I suspect they probably have discounted deals with major sellers

Cheers

Colin

Cheap and easy.

If you're sending something through Hermes you just drop it off at your local collections point, which in my case is the local corner shop.

Like many of the cheaper options in life Hermes was fine when it worked and in some cases I found that they actually provided outstanding service but like many 'bargains' when things go wrong they became a bit of a  nightmare.

Sold a Tamiya 1/32 F-4J to someone in Portugal which went missing from their system at the first transfer depot , once it was clear that it was lost I refunded the buyer and after a long drawn out process I was eventually reimbursed by Hermes.     A year later almost to the day a large familiar looking but very dusty box was delivered amidst the usual fanfare of 'what have you been buying now?'  and it was the F-4J being returned.      Examining the labels it had indeed reached Portugal and then bounced around there for a few weeks before being returned to the UK where it lay undisturbed and quite literally gathering dust for the rest of the year.

Couple of years ago our daughter was having a clear out and asked her mum if she could sell some rarely worn designer dresses on eBay , was about Christmas time so all quickly sold and were delivered safely except one which went adrift.      Over a couple of weeks the story was slowly dragged from Hermes with more information every few days  . . . . . it had been delivered to the addressee - addressee denied this . . . . . it was not handed over to anyone at the address -  who got it then . . . . . it was left in the addressee's safe place - they do not have a safe place  . . . . .  the safe place was a bin in the garden -  there is no bin in the garden . . . . .  it was a yellow bin - there is no yellow bin in the garden  . . . . .  yes there is and here is the photo - council road grit bin on the roadside further down the street into which if the dress had ever been deposited it was long gone.

Wonder if under their new name they might expand into modelling magazine publishing.

• Haha 1

We've had similar experiences to everyone else.  They're useless.  I was getting a blown motherboard collected by them, and I watched him on my Nest camera whilst sitting in the lounge, come into the bulb of my cul-de-sac, do a u-turn and leave because he saw the car was missing.  He also didn't turn up for the next two "attempts", and has done a few dump-and-run deliveries since, probably because he knew I was gonna give him a roasting. :shrug: I used to use them a lot to get review samples out to the team, but I daren't use them now because they're so unreliable. :poop:

Incidentally, if you ring their "customer helpline", check the phone charges first, because I've been told by my other half that it's something like 70p a minute.  Avoid them and their crappy service as much as you can in the hope that they go bust or someone better buys up the remains of their customer base.

If you want a laugh, check out their FB page.  Every post by them is extolling their brilliant, efficient service, to be answered by thousands, and I mean thousands of people taking the mickey, posting memes and such like.  Their social media people are delusional and must never view the comments for their own mental health. :frantic:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

My package turned up OK today. I think it is their useless computer system, or it's operators.

Their tracking is the dictionary definition of useless.  I've had parcels still showing as in progress almost a year after they have been delivered before now, and that was before they took a nose-dive a few years ago.  If the parcel doesn't get lost, it's a good chance it'll arrive one day, but if it goes awry, that's it.  No hope, no way to contact them without costing yourself time and money, and not much chance of any compensation.  :poop:

I think Hermes are the WORST delivery service going, one of my neighbours is a driver for them doing depot to depot stuff and he's told me horror stories about how items are treated. I try and avoid buying from any retailer that uses them.

Contrary to every one else here I have had very good service from Hermes.

For many years an old couple drove around delivering in their old VW Golf packed with parcels.

Gave them my tel no and they rang if they had a parcel for me to save wasted visits.

They retired and an Eastern European couple took over, they are equally reliable and friendly.

I think a lot depends on the local delivery person, obviously not great if the infrastructure lets them down though.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2022 at 9:04 AM, ckw said:

I love the name change - what I see is the word 'Evil'.

Oh, good: not just me then.  Subconscious association of ideas, obviously.

Edited by Seahawk