M4A3E8 Sherman "Easy Eight" - *FINISHED*

Geo1966

Great work, your M4 looks really good not to mention finished!

Almost as impressive is the empty and incredibly tidy bench, not sure which I'm most envious of! :like:

Darryl 

• Haha 1

Thanks Darryl, i had to have a tidy up as i hardly had any workspace left as i had some much stuff on there. The only problem now is i won't be able to find anything! 😆

George

• Haha 1

Hi George. I am really pleased you got the Sherman itself finished. It looks superb and I'm really impressed with the weathering, finish and figures. Shame you weren't able to get the base sorted. My suggestion, if the surface detail on the base is raised enough, is to paint the base the overall colour for the lower mortar areas, between the cobbles, and then dry-brush over everything with your main colour for the cobbles themselves. This should pick out the cables better. You can then pick out a few cobbles in a different, suitable thinned colour with a fine pointed paintbrush - to add some variation. 

What ever you do, please make sure you get five photos of your finished Sherman into the Gallery by the end of the day tomorrow!

Thank you for building it in this GB.

Kind regards,

Stix

Some photos of the finished item (without the base). Still need more work on my camera skills. Think the main problem is the lighting, but seem to be getting there ish.

jgIe2UE.jpg

FJ5hBpL.jpg

psPz4Us.jpg

VShTbMe.jpg

UoyEEYa.jpg

George

• Like 3

Said it before but it's worth repeating, really nice work on your M4, rather like your red Shell oil can too, adds a nice splash of colour.

Glad to see you've convinced Jerry to surrender his helmet again!

Nice to see it in the gallery. 

On 17/06/2022 at 07:54, Geo1966 said:

Thanks Darryl, i had to have a tidy up as i hardly had any workspace left as i had some much stuff on there. The only problem now is i won't be able to find anything! 😆

George

How I know that feeling,  no matter how big of a bench I have I always end up working myself into a 6" square before having to utilise a box lid on my lap.

Atb

Darryl 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Are the reflections in the goggles painted on?

Morning Bertie, If only my painting skills were that good! The goggles are clear parts that came with the kit.

George

Hi George. Well done on getting it finished in time!! It looks absolutely brilliant in the Gallery!! The figures, stowage and weathering all bring it to life beautifully! Very well done! :thumbsup:

Thank you for building it in this GB.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

Thanks Ed and Stix for your kind words.

I have enjoyed my first GB. Not long until my second, the Canadian GB. Will have to try and be a bit faster as I cut this one a bit close.

George

• Like 2

• 2 months later...