EL AL Israel Airlines Boeing 757-200 /// 4X-EBV 1:144

After 7 months of work, more or less without long pauses, i manged to finish this bird.

I have actually no realtionship to the plane, i just liked the livery and i remember seeing it until 2013 in TLV, when we had nightflights to israel.

So allthough some people say this kit is more or less flawless, i found quite some errors i had to correct. But in general this kit is inline with other zvezda products.

First thing i noticed zvezda obviously was very keen on releasing the kit, probably as much as we modellers were awaiting it.

My kit hat a trapped air bubble in the windshield and a short shot MLG. Both things were corrected, one easier and the other one....well - not so.

So i started making a copy of the windshield by crafting a silicone mold and casting clear resin with some green/turquoise dye. The short shot MLG was simply fixed with styrene plastic.

here is the link for the WIP

things i corrected, added or modified:

- Clear resin windshield with the typical turquoise colored glas

- Full cockpit including customized pilots

- Cabin windows casted into the fuselage

- Added window blinds

- Closed APU exhaust and added a proper exhaust pipe

- Added outflow valve case and flap

- Replaced all lights with clear parts and lenses

- Corrected panel lines at the tail section (zvezda missed one on one side)

- Scratched panel lines for the nose gear doors

- Added radio altimeters with plastic styrene

- Added repair patches on aft fuselage

- Added 2 antennas on roof top

- Masked most of the livery, except for titles and registration

- Made own decals for a few stencils (trim scale) and the registration

- Scratch built MLG wheel wells incl. hyd lines

- replaced wheels with some resin wheels (bought somewhere in russia...don't ask the brand, can't remember)

- Added hyd lines to the MLG

- Added Beacon lights, scratch built

- Added static dischargers made of brush hair (counted all of them...hate it)

- Scratch build all antennas in 0,3mm styrene paper

- Added Authentic Airliner etch part pitots and Authentic airliner wiper decals

- Masked the cockpit metal frame with own designed masks

i probably forgot a couple of things, but those are the main things. If you are interested check out the WIP... this time i made videos on youtube.

So, here are the pictures, i hope you like it.

IMG_4043 IMG_3975 IMG_3976 IMG_3977 IMG_3964 IMG_3970 IMG_4018 IMG_4020 IMG_4019 IMG_4036 IMG_4034 IMG_4032 IMG_4031 IMG_4029 IMG_3997 IMG_3996 IMG_4011 IMG_4013 IMG_4010 IMG_3985 IMG_4007 IMG_4052

Edited by RCI
  • Like 35

6 hours ago, Alan P said:

Beautifully done, with a very realistic appearance. Fine work with the flight deck and windshield 👏👏👏

Absolutely agree

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alan P said:

Beautifully done, with a very realistic appearance. Fine work with the flight deck and windshield 👏👏👏

thank you Alan, it was quite some work indeed. :)

5 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

One of the finest model airliners I have ever seen. Congratulations.

Dave G

thank you dave for those kind words, really appreciate and hope to see some new models from you soon!

5 hours ago, Celestialsphere said:

I am marvelling at the ever so subtle rain streaks below the passenger windows. Great work!

thx, i am impressed you saw it. i didn't want to overdo this, and it is hard to catch it well on a photo.

5 hours ago, Berko said:

I have nothing to say. Awe- inspiring Masterpiece!. Considering the amount of work you did I haven’t seen any better airliner model… 

🙏 :D

5 hours ago, Alex1978 said:

Like it ? 

No...I love it.

A truly masterful build of one of my favourite airliners.

Thanks for sharing

Alex

haha thx alex, i think the same about the 757. It really deserves some work to replicate it well. 🙂 hope to see more models from you soon...i really liked that ANA 787 and the bpk 738!

7 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

The flowing blue lines suit the sleek shape of the 757 so well. Excellent model and photography  - the nose on shot makes the model look 1:1. Your efforts were most definitely rewarded!

thx mate! i am still experimenting on photography, but i am slowly getting there 🙂  the nose shots are also my favorite, i think the colored windshield glass gives it some realsm.

• Thanks 1

This is amazing. I wish there were adequate superlatives to convey my admiration; rest assured I am most inspired! I cannot remember seeing such thought out and convincing weathering on an airliner model. The subtle streaks from the cabin windows,  the paint touch-ups in the blue, the oil stains, the worn landing gear, it's all so perfect! The choice of presenting it in an all-black surrounding is also very inspired. I will have a look at the WiP as I wonder how you did the cabin windows and cockpit.

Jay

• Like 1

Outstanding! - what a superb 757 you have built there RCI. Great finish and the weathering is spot on, very realistic and not overdone. I take my hat off to you (well, I would if I was wearing one!)

Brilliant, thanks for posting the pictures.

Andy

• Like 1

Well, my friend…you’ve done it again. A master class in model airliner building. I followed the WIP somewhat infrequently, and the final result is definitely not surprising. To say this is “quite nice” would be quite an understatement. Saving your pics and references and videos as teaching tools for my own build. This is a new standard. Higher than any of us have seen before…bar none. Thank you for seven months of enhancing the art. Nicely done. “Quite nice.” 

Paul

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 4:43 PM, kev67 said:

Very well modelled, and the finish is first class, especially for 1/144 scale

thx kev! yes thats always a challange in that scale

On 3/16/2022 at 10:54 AM, Mountain goat said:

This is amazing. I wish there were adequate superlatives to convey my admiration; rest assured I am most inspired! I cannot remember seeing such thought out and convincing weathering on an airliner model. The subtle streaks from the cabin windows,  the paint touch-ups in the blue, the oil stains, the worn landing gear, it's all so perfect! The choice of presenting it in an all-black surrounding is also very inspired. I will have a look at the WiP as I wonder how you did the cabin windows and cockpit.

Jay

thank you jay for your kind words! i am still improving my skills on photography. :)

20 hours ago, Andy Young said:

Outstanding! - what a superb 757 you have built there RCI. Great finish and the weathering is spot on, very realistic and not overdone. I take my hat off to you (well, I would if I was wearing one!)

Brilliant, thanks for posting the pictures.

Andy

thank you so much andy, i will upload some more models in the next days.

20 hours ago, Challenger350Pilot said:

Well, my friend…you’ve done it again. A master class in model airliner building. I followed the WIP somewhat infrequently, and the final result is definitely not surprising. To say this is “quite nice” would be quite an understatement. Saving your pics and references and videos as teaching tools for my own build. This is a new standard. Higher than any of us have seen before…bar none. Thank you for seven months of enhancing the art. Nicely done. “Quite nice.” 

Paul

haha hey paul thx so much 🙏, don't exaggerate :D but you know what it is like, always try to get a step higher and improve. I do it with every model ,never stop learning and that helps me a lot.

19 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

It's like those photos when they roll out a new one from a darkened hangar. Lovely work.

haha except this one should look like an older one...but i think i know what you mean. maybe it is time for a diorama... :D