M4A1 1/72 Dragon with crew

Ted

Here's my entry, this little kit came in a huge box with an LCM and vacuformed beach. It is a beautiful looking gem, No photoetch thank goodness.

The crew is a really nicely sculpted and cast resin set. I don't build many 1/72 kits and am looking forward to this.

20220312_075422

• Like 6

Hi Ted and welcome to the GB. Great to have you here and that should be a great kit to make. I've made a couple of Dragon 1/72nd Shermans and enjoyed both. I'm looking forward to following your progress. 

Kind regards, 

Stix

Thanks all.

I was looking at the figures and they deserve a close up. How did someone sculpt these? So much skill.

20220314_204755

• Like 5

On 3/16/2022 at 5:18 AM, Robert Stuart said:

This looks interesting, the figures look great - especially the contrapposto (twist) in the seated guy (top left in your photo).

It is a good pose, and the fine detail of the uniform!

I made a start, the sides of the cast hull are smooth so they need some texture. I brushed on some thin cement and then dabbed it with an old toothbrush. When it dried I sanded off the high spots a bit.

20220318_184359

20220318_184618

The rear of the hull has a horizontal line from the mold. I sanded it flat and then did the same texturing.

20220318_184958

20220318_185238

I don't usually build 1/72 kits and have to get used to how little this thing is.

20220318_185307

• Like 6

Hi Ted. Great to see you are underway. Good job with the texture. Yes, they do see small when you first start on a 1/72nd kit but these Dragon kits do build into nicely detailed models. I've made a couple in the past and they were enjoyable projects.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2022 at 11:10 AM, PlaStix said:

Hi Ted. Great to see you are underway. Good job with the texture. Yes, they do see small when you first start on a 1/72nd kit but these Dragon kits do build into nicely detailed models. I've made a couple in the past and they were enjoyable projects.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix. It is a nice kit for sure. I built their M4A4 a while ago and enjoyed it too.

Here is the turret glued together! That's quite a joint. I sanded, filled it with melted sprue and then textured it with the cement and toothbrush. I also managed to assemble the bodies, Nothing to report there, all fell into place.

20220319_082757

20220319_180404

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...