1/72 - Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate "Frank" by Arma Hobby - released - new boxing

Homebee

16 minutes ago, Neil Lambess said:

Doh ....meant to say wildcat...senior moment ...it gets so confusing with the number of companies 😉

I got a bit excited for a moment, I've not been taking an interest much for a couple of years so thought I'd missed something.

I'm not sure you're right about the Zero though: metal-winged Browning-armed Hurricanes, Wildcats/Martlets and P50 B/Cs haven't had a definitive model made of them, in 1/72 at least. With the Zero, we have Tamiya and also the Airfix example.

It does look like a Japanese type but maybe something in need of a new moulding. Someone mentioned above that the Val hadn't been represented well...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, johnd said:

I got a bit excited for a moment, I've not been taking an interest much for a couple of years so thought I'd missed something.

I'm not sure you're right about the Zero though: metal-winged Browning-armed Hurricanes, Wildcats/Martlets and P50 B/Cs haven't had a definitive model made of them, in 1/72 at least. With the Zero, we have Tamiya and also the Airfix example.

It does look like a Japanese type but maybe something in need of a new moulding. Someone mentioned above that the Val hadn't been represented well...

Good points .I chose the zero due to their recent kits being subjects Joe Public knows well even if they are well chosen variants to please we fanatics ...not sure there's a Zero variant that needs to be done as Tamiya did the Hamp.    But generally I think their business model is Joe public recognition  (with bigger sales ) with variant's to please us as well.

• Like 2

How about a B-25? I just realised the 80th anniversary of the Doolittle raid is approaching (apr.18th). It would also give them scope for a good number of variations, so perhaps a good investment for ongoing sales.

Cheers

Colin

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, occa said:

What if the cherry blossom just was meant to represent a fresh spring surprise and has nothing to do with Japan ?

If they had used either one of those images I would agree with you, but since they showed the cherry blossom then Mount Fuji I think there is a connection there.

But who knows they could just be playing with us 🤪

• Like 2

F-104J, in some anniversary Japanese markings. To be followed by all other variants in the future.

Ok, I know it's not going to happen, but I just wanted to throw a wild and useless guess too...( and the Eduard F-104J box featured a lot of flowers on the cover..) 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

Silly perhaps to comment now, but I can't help thinking of the size of Arma's previous releases.  I suspect that expecting anything larger would be wasted dreams.  So no Arado 440A-04.

Dreams are never wasted 😉

It would be nice to see Arma do a twin though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tbolt said:

If they had used either one of those images I would agree with you, but since they showed the cherry blossom then Mount Fuji I think there is a connection there.

But who knows they could just be playing with us 🤪

Bingo and it was a double play as the Ki-84 proves lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Cammer625 said:

There was a Polish pilot who flew P-40’s in the Pacific - so my vote goes to P-40?? Who knows - but we got to find out soon!!

Arma Hobby have announced that they won't concentrate on Polish flown AC anymore, I think that was a year ago when I read that on their website ... 

• Like 3