1/72 - Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate "Frank" by Arma Hobby - released - new boxing

Homebee

Built their little Fokker E5 and a good little kit it was. Looking forward to the Ki 84 release and it does look a good package, though found out yesterday that it will retail at £26 but believers will buy methinks.

• Like 1

Built their little Fokker E5 and a good little kit it was. Looking forward to the Ki 84 release and it does look a good package, though found out yesterday that it will retail at £26 but believers will buy methinks.

1 hour ago, KITCAT said:

Guess there'll be the Junior Sets along at some point which should knock £8-10 off, if you're not bothered about the extras. 

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate "Frank" by Arma Hobby - 3D renders+box art+schemes+decals+instructions - release expected in April 2022

Dang - I'm kind of liking that! Must...resist...must...resist... Umm - on the original aircraft, is that "aluminum" overall finish on markings option 3 aluminum paint, or bare metal? Asking for a friend, of course...  :whistle:

John

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, John Thompson said:

Dang - I'm kind of liking that! Must...resist...must...resist... Umm - on the original aircraft, is that "aluminum" overall finish on markings option 3 aluminum paint, or bare metal? Asking for a friend, of course...  :whistle:

John

Bare metal. Tell your friend...

Edited by Fukuryu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Fukuryu said:

Bare metal. Tell your firend...

Thank you, Daniel! He'll be disappointed - he's not very good at bare metal. But he might buy the kit anyway... ;)

John

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I bought the P51 in English markings and overtrees. Literally there are enough decals in the main kit to make this very worth it.  

If Eduard and Tamiya are the best in 1/48. Wingnut wings in 1/32.  I’d say Arma are the best in 1/72.  They are that good and the level of detail is at 1/48 or better levels.  So value for money or entertainment hours? 
You’re definitely going to spend twice as long building the arma hobby as opposed to day Airfix so yes very good value.  

• Like 6

Hello,
The Ki-84 Hayate kit is available on preorders now (link). On the armahobbynews.pl blog, you will find articles presenting the content of the kit, details, the first historical articles of #armastory and all pages of the assembly instruction. Today we published an interview with the 3D designer of the model, Maciek Wroński. He is a member of our second design team, and the Ki-84 is their debut in plastic kits development. Previously, Maciek did several resin projects, including one awarded with the "Model of the Year 2016" medal by Modell Fan.

Read about his passion and model design: link

You'll also see photos of the Ki-84 electrodes for the electro-drilling kit's mould in the interview article, showing the model's level of detail. Test shots were made yesterday and are very promising. We are now making some final tweaks, and it seems like the model will have no delays.

Articles about Ki-84 Hayate: link 

On Friday, on armahobbynews.pl, we will publish another historical article #armastory, and on Monday, an article with photos of test shots.

yours
Wojtek Bułhak
Arma Hobby

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate "Frank" by Arma Hobby - 3D renders+box art+schemes+decals+instructions+test sprues & build - release expected in April 2022
10 hours ago, MarkoZG said:

Is it true that you based this kit on plans made by Jun Temma, as he claims on his website?

Our kits are based on a real aeroplane, but of course we need to start with some drawings. We often start with Jumpei Temma plans if factory documentation is unavailable. But always we need to check any drawings against photos and other sources. The method of comparing the photos with drawings we use is inspired by Jumpei Temma fine work.

In Ki-84 project we started with Jumpei Temma plans, Maru Mechanic and Aero-Detail plans. Careful analysis of Hayate photos proved that Jumpei Temma plans are extremely accurate.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/6/2022 at 12:23 AM, MarkoZG said:

Is it true that you based this kit on plans made by Jun Temma, as he claims on his website?

Why the sad face though? :)

• Like 1

Because my opinion about his plans and overall work differs significantly from the good PR he made on himself and everything that came out of it later on.

Edited by MarkoZG

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate "Frank" by Arma Hobby - released

My example just arrived, can't wait to my put my clumsy fingers on it. On the first glance all look fabulous, hope the build will be as good as their previous kits.

Thanks Arma:-)

Cheers

Libor

52051726061_087330d658_b.jpg

• Like 8

We have quick built Ki-84 test shots and it came together without problems. Funny fact is you may not need a wash, maybe except Hinomaru, because panel lines are deep and narrow enough to cast shadow (after black basing).

Green is built by Marcin Cipierski, NMF is mine. More pics and text on armahobbynews.pl/en/

Photos by Marcin Ciepierski

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1