1/72 - Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate "Frank" by Arma Hobby - released - new boxing

Homebee

15 hours ago, Wojtek Bulhak said:

Thank you everybody for your support and high expectations from Arma Hobby.

Just a note, that P-51D/K is already announced and expected in Autumn 2022.

Thanks Wojtek.  I missed that one.  Love your 'B' so I'm sure the 'D' will be a great kit.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, czaralko said:

I also think it may be the ohka, what other japanese aircraft symbolize either mt Fuji or cherry blossom? 

I wouldn't think an Ohka would be a big seller and since we have a fairly recent kit of one in 1/72nd scale from Brengun, I would have thought it would not be that likely.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Procopius said:

With all due respect to Brengun, their kits, while nice, are not in the same league as Arma's. 

I realise that, but it would be a gamble on an aircraft which like I said probably wouldn't be a huge seller and that someone else has recently bought out. Many people who wanted a 1/72nd Ohka probably bought the Brengun one and it's not like an Ohka is a model that a large number of people are going to buy multiples of.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Procopius said:

With all due respect to Brengun, their kits, while nice, are not in the same league as Arma's. 

Perhaps, but the Okha is a nice little kit - and let's face it, it's about as simple a subject as you could find. I don't think Brengun is lacking in detail. Not a lot of scope here for Arma to exercise their skills ... unless of course it came with a Betty!

Cheers

Colin

Edited by ckw
correction
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

The Tamiya Ki-61 is pretty nice, but I would like to see a new Ki-100.

Despite there being a perfectly acceptable kit by Aoshima already. Not exactly a valued contribution to the hobby.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

I have to say, based on my experience with the Brengun Yak-1 and Yak-1B, they are very damn close. The quality of detail on them is very impressive.

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tbolt said:

The Tamiya Ki-61 is pretty nice, but I would like to see a new Ki-100.

1 hour ago, Sabrejet said:

Despite there being a perfectly acceptable kit by Aoshima already. Not exactly a valued contribution to the hobby.

"Acceptable" is kind of subjective - what's "acceptable" by your standards may not be to everyone else. And besides, when has the existence of a kit stopped another manufacturer from doing his own attempt at a better interpretation? Once again, a "perfectly acceptable" Ki-100 by Aoshima makes no money for Arma. These outfits aren't in business to make "valued contributions to the hobby", they're in business to make valued contributions to their financial bottom lines.

John

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sabrejet said:

Yeah because they are so easy to get at a sensible price here in the UK .

2 hours ago, Tbolt said:

B-29?

baa9eeb0773b916dbea7c2d7046d6451.jpg

A B-29 hunter does seem a possibility, given the artwork.

Ki-44 'Japan Defender', or similar... 

• Like 1