1/72 - Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate "Frank" by Arma Hobby - released - new boxing

Homebee

Well, I'm happy. Very much so. T'was about time to have a modern, state-of-the-art Hayate. 

I hope now for a complete Ki-43 family... 

• Like 4

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate by Arma Hobby - box art - release expected in April 2022

They have pre-order deals if you include a second kit from their existing line (limited to set choices), but the math does not add from the prices in parenthesis?   Example, Ki-84 plus Wildcat (€19.98) + (€19.13) = €43.30 ??

https://www.armahobby.com/70051-nakajima-ki-84-hayate-expert-set.html?utm_source=armahobbynews&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=Ki-84&utm_term=Ki-84-announcement&utm_content=en

regards,

Jack

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate "Frank" by Arma Hobby - 3D renders+box art+schemes+decals - release expected in April 2022
37 minutes ago, JackG said:

They have pre-order deals if you include a second kit from their existing line (limited to set choices), but the math does not add from the prices in parenthesis?   Example, Ki-84 plus Wildcat (€19.98) + (€19.13) = €43.30 ??

https://www.armahobby.com/70051-nakajima-ki-84-hayate-expert-set.html?utm_source=armahobbynews&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=Ki-84&utm_term=Ki-84-announcement&utm_content=en

regards,

Jack

You're not adding up the right numbers

Ki-84 plus Wildcat €24.58 + €23.53 = €48.11 is correct

The discounted price for the two is €43.30

The prices you're adding are the ex VAT price -  (€19.98) + (€19.13)

No ex VAT price is quoted for the deal but I make it  €35.20

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

€71.13, no VAT, for 5 Expert sets is a pretty good deal for me:

spacer.png

You get the Hayate with a good complement of its adversaries!

BTW, artwork by Koike Shigeo... that's a plus for me.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Fukuryu said:

€71.13, no VAT, for 5 Expert sets is a pretty good deal for me:

spacer.png

You get the Hayate with a good complement of its adversaries!

BTW, artwork by Koike Shigeo... that's a plus for me.

The artwork alone is worth buying the kit lol i wish they would add a post card with the box art to frame, kinda like how afv club used to do with their kits

• Like 3

A slimming treatment is coming up for my wallet.

Not only is the P-51D/K coming, but also in the company of my favorite Jap - Hayate.

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

Yesterday I was tempted in LMS by the box of a long time not seen there Hasegawa's Hayate. I resisted, now I know that it was even better win with a temptation that I thought... :) This time I will not resist... On shelves I have Revell Hayate done some 48 or 49 years ago and surely there is a time and room for a new one!

Regards

J-W

• Like 3

10 hours ago, fishplanebeer said:

If the figures in brackets are the ex-vat prices then they come to 94.83 Euros in total according to my maths so is 71.13  the deal they are offering?

Regards

Colin.

Ps. would still have preferred a Spitfire XII

You get an extra discount when logged in so €71.13 is the final price in cart for me.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2022 at 11:19 PM, Tiger331 said:

After my little 'teaser' earlier in the day, I am now inclined to think it will be a Japanese subject......probably something to accompany their recent F4F Wildcat family....I'm not an expert on WWII 1:72 Japanese fighters but feel sure one or two types are still not served too well with high quality kits in the 'gentlemens scale'......Ki-43 Oscar, Ki-44 Shoki, Ki-84 Frank, etc  

Good to see that my radar appears to be functioning well !

• Like 1

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ArmaHobby/posts/5224575564239425

Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate was produced in two basic versions, Ko and Otsu, differing externally only in minor details. This allowed Maciek "Wrona" Wroński to design a model kit with lots of fine details, allowing for easy build of both versions "out of the box", with a relatively little complication of the plastic sprues. Visit our armahobbynews.pl blog and learn more about model kit features!

276006188-5224568330906815-5696714978498

277161805-5224568794240102-5715564138885

276010816-5224568817573433-3293558626456

274986495-5224568840906764-2071833227926

275249011-5224568870906761-5434217245222

V.P.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Violet Club said:

I don't know the quality of Arma kits ? Are these like the Dora Wings or Clear Prop kits (in terms of injection quality, crisp details...) ?

Even better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Violet Club said:

I don't know the quality of Arma kits ? Are these like the Dora Wings or Clear Prop kits (in terms of injection quality, crisp details...) ?

Far better than Dora, less so than Eduard and Clearprop.

1 hour ago, Violet Club said:

No idea about those brands, but I find them quite like new Eduard models in terms of quality.

• Like 1

Wings of pegasus report on the design of this kit is at the end of this page:

http://soyuyo.main.jp/ar196/ar196.html#last

the analysis conducting to this shape and dimensions can be found here

http://soyuyo.main.jp/ki84/ki84e-1.html

and it is very interesting.

I'm happy that Arma choose to base its design on Tenma work although a 3D scan of the real thing would be the last word about the real Hayate shape-Tamiya, you missed that one too!

I prefer the Arma Hurricane to the Eduard Spitfire, but there's not a lot in it.  Arma appear to be consistently the most accurate and finely moulded, well-fitting, kits of the latest generation.  I've not tried Dors Wings nor Clear Prop because of lack or sufficient interest in the subjects, though comments seem to find the former variable in build.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 4:11 PM, Violet Club said:

Yes much closer to Clear Prop than Dora Wings. Think of close to Eduard quality, but generally slightly less fiddly and slightly better engineered.

They are the sort of manufacture that makes me want to buy a subject that I might not normally have bought.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Tbolt said:

They are the sort of manufacture that makes me want to buy a subject that I might not normally have bought.

Hear, hear!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tbolt said:

Yes much closer to Clear Prop than Dora Wings. Think of close to Eduard quality, but generally slightly less fiddly and slightly better engineered.

Good point; that's how Exito were able to sell me a P-51B - curiosity, after reading all the glowing comments, and I was not disappointed. My stack of Arma Yak-1B kits is further testimonial to Arma's high quality, although the Brengun Yak-1 and Yak-1B are pretty darn nice, too. I keep wondering how well the Arma Yak-1B kit sold (to people besides me, I mean), and whether it did well enough to justify a Yak-9 some day...  :whistle:

John

• Like 3