1/72 - Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate "Frank" by Arma Hobby - released - new boxing

Homebee

I am thinking a P-47  

Witold Lanowski

Polish AF pilot attached to the RAF and AAF
6 kills 2-PAF + 4-56th FG
Awards: Polish `Cross of Valour’ & bar, DFC (US), Air Medal with 10 olc (US), General Service Medal, War Medal 1939 – 45, Air Crew Europe Star, 1939 – 45 Star, French 1939 – 45 War Commemorative Medal.

• Like 1

If the cherry blossom is a clue, and if there is a connection to an existing model then an Aichi D3A1 would be nice. The Airfix kit is as old as me and the Fujimi kit is very hard to get hold of. It is the least well represented of the Pearl Harbour aircraft and soldiered on beyond Midawy as its replacement was delayed several times. A perfect adversary for all those Arma Wildcats.

Andy

• Like 2

I will also bet on a 1/72 Zero...ideally it could then end up in an Eduard Royal Class x4 boxing with loads of extras...I like the royal class 1/72 they did of Spitfire and Fw 190 with beer glasses etc. P-47 would also be nice

• Like 2

I'd love a Yak-9 - I'd lose my mind if that was it, but I fear it's not so likely. :(

(I wonder how well their Yak-1B has sold. If it did well, maybe a Yak-9 is possible...)

John

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rickpeck said:

I'm thinking Albatros Oeffag D.III which was used by Polish pilots after WW1. Yak 9 is what I would bet on but I would really like a Nieuport 11.

Not sure it will be anything Russian.  They said in their recent email that they were witholding the release of the Hurricane kit in Russian markings due to what is happening in the Ukraine.

🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦

• Like 2

3 hours ago, John Thompson said:

I'd love a Yak-9 - I'd lose my mind if that was it, but I fear it's not so likely. :(

(I wonder how well their Yak-1B has sold. If it did well, maybe a Yak-9 is possible...)

Most of us in Poland consider the Yak-9 simply a heavily modified Yak-1 - something like Bf109E and G.

If Wojtek and Marcin thought the same, I would exclude every Yak from this poll, because this new kit is to be "completely new". Sorry, John...

In any case, the F8F Bearcat wouldn't be bad 😉

Cheers

Michael

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Going by Japanese hint, a new Val is my guess too. First three Japanese aircraft I read about were "Zero, Kate and Val", and first two are pretty well covered.

Also Polish connection isn't a important factor any more.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, KRK4m said:

I would exclude every Yak from this poll, because this new kit is to be "completely new".

I would take that to mean a new completely new tooling rather than a derivative kit with new parts/decals added, not necessarily a new subject which is unrelated to anything they've previously covered. Although saying that, I do think it will be something that will fit both interpretations

Edited by Adam Poultney
  • Like 1

I think if they wanted to make money, a lot of money, one if the following:

1/72 Mig-3. 

1/72 Ki-84 Frank 

1/72 Oscar Family. 

1/72 LAGG 5FN

1/72 Spitfire Mk. I 

1/72 Spitfire Mk.Va/b 

1/72 LAGG 3 

1/72 Ki-43 Oscar Family 

1/72 TBD Devastator 

Yeah, that's a good start.  I love Arma an will buy anything they make.

Mark Copeland

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Mycapt65 said:

Ohhh why can't these guys do 48th?! Their P-51B is gorgeous but too small for my skills 😞

Cost I imagine but I believe 1/72 is still the most popular scale worldwide. But I know where you are coming from. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Mark Copeland said:

I think if they wanted to make money, a lot of money, one if the following:

1/72 Mig-3. 

1/72 Ki-84 Frank 

1/72 Oscar Family. 

1/72 LAGG 5FN

1/72 Spitfire Mk. I 

1/72 Spitfire Mk.Va/b 

1/72 LAGG 3 

1/72 Ki-43 Oscar Family 

1/72 TBD Devastator 

Yeah, that's a good start.  I love Arma an will buy anything they make.

Mark Copeland

Well, I'd certainly like a new MiG-3 to obsolete the HobbyBoss one, but realistically, I think it'll be either a Japanese subject or a Spitfire, both of which are lacking among Arma's kit list. If it's a Spitfire, I hope it's a Mk.XIV. But isn't there an unwritten law that every kit manufacturer must have a Bf/Me-109 in its line?

John

• Like 2

Compared to the Wildcat and P-51B releases, I am a little surprised by the “surprise” nature of this. The previous releases had 3D renderings, sprue renderings and sprue shots available months before the release, but the suggestion here is that the new kit will start shipping in two weeks, even though the subject of the kit hasn’t been announced yet.

Part of me thinks that that “completely new” plastic kit may be open to interpretation. I can’t think of a Hurricane IIa being boxed by anyone before, and the only F4F-3 I can think of was the Hasegawa special edition that required the wing fold lines to be filled. So, maybe these subjects could be seen as “completely new” kit, even if the tooling used to make them isn’t, and even if we have been told they are coming.

Having said that, Arma Hobby have said that they would do a new 1:72 tooling this year. For a subject which has a Polish connection, I’d like to see a Lim-6bis, followed up by boxings of the Lim-5 / MiG-17. No issues with research, given the number of airframes and amount of knowledge available locally. And possibly less need for marketing on an initial limited Lim-6bis run – those who know what a Lim-6bis is and want one will snap it up; most others may not be tempted by renderings and sprue shots.  

Jonathan.

• Like 2

Your all wrong.  It's going to be  a P-51D to follow their P-51B.  But I'm never right so it's probably an A6M...or a Spitfire, or...an airplane!!!  All I can say is it will be a cracker, if their P-51B is the bellwether of their current 72nd kits!!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Grayhawk said:

Your all wrong.  It's going to be  a P-51D to follow their P-51B.  But I'm never right so it's probably an A6M...or a Spitfire, or...an airplane!!!  All I can say is it will be a cracker, if their P-51B is the bellwether of their current 72nd kits!!!

Arma have already said it will do a P51D later this year and so you are not, strictly speaking wrong. 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 5:41 PM, JWM said:

Or Yak 9! - just to follow Yak-1.

Regards

J-W

And that comment from Arma about not releasing Red Star aircraft at the moment...😉

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Wojtek Bulhak said:

Thank you everybody for your support and high expectations from Arma Hobby.

Just a note, that P-51D/K is already announced and expected in Autumn 2022.

The best news for a while, Wojtek :)

Martin

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Mycapt65 said:

Ohhh why can't these guys do 48th?! Their P-51B is gorgeous but too small for my skills 😞

You mean 1/48th like their PZL.11 and upcoming Hurricane?

• Like 1