1/72 - Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate "Frank" by Arma Hobby - released - new boxing

Homebee

UPDATE

- ref. 70051 - Nakajima Ki-84 Hayate/"Frank"  Expert Set

Sources:

http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2022/03/18/new-arma-hobby-model-kit-ki-84-hayate/

https://www.facebook.com/ArmaHobby/posts/5216672161696432

https://www.armahobby.com/70051-nakajima-ki-84-hayate-expert-set.html

big-70031-web.jpg

70051-render-01.jpg

big-70051-decal.jpg

big-70051-profile-1.jpg
big-70051-profile-2.jpg
big-70051-profile-3.jpg
big-70051-profile-4.jpg
big-70051-profile-5.jpg
big-70051-profile-6.jpg

Arma Hobby new 1/72nd aircraft kit type will be unveiled on Friday 18th, 2022.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ArmaHobby/posts/5205698066127175

Spring is coming in Arma Hobby!

A completely new plastic kit in 1/72 scale will be available in a few weeks. Stay tuned and follow us on Facebook and Instagram and sign up for the newsletter.

https://tiny.pl/9nmnz

The beginning of the year at Arma Hobby was spent on quiet preparations for the next models. We managed to speed up the work in the tooling workshop. On the other hand, the war in Ukraine disrupted our activities, many of us became involved in humanitarian aid in admitting refugees, bringing them from the border, finding accommodation for war victims and providing supplies to those in need.
Due to the Russian aggression, we decided to suspend the release of the Hurricane Mk IIa/b/c model kit in Soviet colours. We don’t find it proper to promote the red star aviation now. We may return to this kit after the end of the war.
This week on Friday we will announce the spring novelty from Arma Hobby in 1/72 scale, which we plan to ship to the modellers at the very beginning of April. Another model is planned for June. It will either be Hurricane Mk IIc 1/48 or another new tooling 1/72 model, depending on the progress of the tooling workshop. If Hurricane isn't ready then, we'll move it to September. If it is ready, we will move the 1/72 model to September. We do not plan to release models from new moulds during the summer holidays. The razorback Mustang kit will be released in two boxes. Reconnaissance version F-6C Mustang Expert Set (four schemes, one French and three US) in May, and the P-51 B Mustang Model Kit (two USAAF schemes) in June.

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 7

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Arma Hobby completely new plastic kit will be available in a few weeks
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Arma Hobby completely new plastic kit will be unveiled on Friday 18th - release expected in April 2022

Both their email and facebook announcement had the cherry blossom image, which is a symbol for Japan, though it is also symbolizes spring.

275800149_5205696092794039_2268434364447

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG
  • Like 2

Whatever the newly announced kit is, if it's to the same standard of their previous kits (and I have no reason to doubt this), it will be a kit I'll be willing to buy !

Arma has become one of my favourite manufacturer and a favourite for many modellers, that shows how when a company put passion into their job and give quality, this is rightly rewarded

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Sabrejet said:

An announcement of an announcement: another recent trend which I find tiresome. Just release it and avoid pages of pointless speculation maybe?

You have a point - I doubt that this kind of teasing really improves sales very much. The wrong-guessers just go away disappointed if it's not a type they really want; e.g, I could say "Yak-9", then go into an outraged huff when it's not a Yak-9, swear never to buy another Arma kit as long as I live, and grow old(er)  and (more) bitter over it. Actually, I think the cherry blossom thing might be a clue; if it is, though, an Okha seems doubtful. My thought was a Japanese fighter aircraft, but then the cherry blossom association isn't really there, is it? I tried to Google out whether the Yak-9 might affectionately have been known as "Cherry Blossom" by its pilots, with no success. :cry:

John

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, Tiger331 said:

There is a strong rumour that it will be the Aviotehas PN-3 inter-war fighter

It would be nice (because I do not have it) but I am afraid that it is not true. A Bearcat? Possible, since it is known, that the owner is a fan of US Navy airplanes. Rather not Hellcat - it will be hard to beat the Eduard's Hellcat, other possibilites are Corsair (not bad Tamiya kit) or Buffalo (too rare perhaps...). Or Yak 9! - just to follow Yak-1.

Regards

J-W

• Like 5

I am sorry to say - I have not read all post above. The cherry twiggy left no chance for anything else then Japan machine, the most likely thus A6M Zero...

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MiG-Mech said:

No, it's Bf 109 G-6 ! 🤪

All jokes aside, I wouldn't say no. There still isn't a definitive one. And it would sell by the bucket-load.

But, obviously, it'll be something else. 🙂

• Like 1

After my little 'teaser' earlier in the day, I am now inclined to think it will be a Japanese subject......probably something to accompany their recent F4F Wildcat family....I'm not an expert on WWII 1:72 Japanese fighters but feel sure one or two types are still not served too well with high quality kits in the 'gentlemens scale'......Ki-43 Oscar, Ki-44 Shoki, Ki-84 Frank, etc  

• Like 3

It's clearly going to be a Vulcan B1, the possible Japanese clue must be a red herring! 

But seriously though I'm sure whatever the subject is, it will be a top quality kit. All I hope for is that it's something that lacks a modern 1/72 kit at the moment

• Like 1

8 hours ago, IanC said:

All jokes aside, I wouldn't say no. There still isn't a definitive one. And it would sell by the bucket-load.

But, obviously, it'll be something else. 🙂

To be fair, there was no definitive 109 in real life either.

• Like 3

Good morning 

P 47 D Thuderbolt because some Polish pilots flew them with great successes against the Luftwaffe...

But I might be wrong after all  I don't think that the Wildcat had any Polish connection ..  

All my respects to Marina Ovsiannikova 

Best Regards 

Patrice 

• Like 2