Miniart Dingo Mk II in Canadian Markings

SimonL

Doing very well! Nice Dingo.

With your antenna question - look again on your brooms, sweepers etc 😄

They do have nice, black "strings". Just check for the length of antenna you need.

I would have to trawl my comp right now for that. Or try Google.

zig

Edited by zigster
wording
  • Like 1

OK, I found it:

- A type varies in length as it is made up of 4 foot sections, up to 16 feet (4x4), all dependent on the required range.  
When deploying max height max, the vehicle must remain stationary.  
Usual set up is either one or two sections, and the base of the mast is the simple cone shape.

- B type is constant length (quoted sources vary as having it either 20 or 24 inches).  
This mast is the one that has the circular open guard around it.

Hope, that helps.

zig

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zigster said:

Doing very well! Nice Dingo.

With your antenna question - look again on your brooms, sweepers etc 😄

They do have nice, black "strings". Just check for the length of antenna you need.

I would have to trawl my comp right now for that. Or try Google.

zig

Now there’s an idea - would save on painting as well. To be honest I was going to use the supplied antennae as a guide to the length, but your information is very helpful.

Public holiday today, so managed to get the construction finished. Some fiddly bits with getting the suspension in and then mudguards, but looks pretty good. Tried a dry fit of the wheels and thankfully they all touched the ground.

p?i=aae2b708c573b0332e09dad05f74ddd4

And here it is, main construction complete. Yes, I did miss quite a few little bits of the etch, but managed some of the more obvious bits. Replaced the handles on the petrol cans with some left over grab handles from a previous build (AFV Club Centurion). 

p?i=69faaffe4eb2f38811551015582600b7

First brushed on coat of the main colour.

p?i=482ebb3f29da4193a0ff668d28881df1

• Like 5

Today was mostly painting. Before I closed up the back, just added some fishing weights with some blu-tak to give a bit of “heft”.

p?i=cd78be473e7e543e938c586da88184f8

Here is where I got to by the end of the day. Nice easy paint scheme to do 🙂

p?i=4c4f8866463dbbb45e6794cfe9f4b6dc

• Like 8

Thanks Milan! Not much done today. Just a coat of floor polish and the decals. Always love this stage, it’s like when the model really comes to life. Sadly the decals are every so slightly out of register, hopefully won’t be full visible once the weathering is done.  Also started muckying up the wheels and tyres  with some washes, using Vallejo Model Wash “Oiled Earth” and some dilute Army Painter washes on the open roof sections.

p?i=59e2f8db91f991e324a5655246e7bbe9

• Like 9

ok, little bit of a setback.

Here is where I was at a couple of days ago.

p?i=c9e08051d98981ae883a71dd36049eac

Thinking about touching up the out of register marking, and the a light wash with diluted Army Painter Soft Tone/Dark Tone mix. At which point the decals started lifting. I stopped before I got too far, but too late for the roundel. So after a sulk, I stripped it off, repainted the rear engine deck and used a spare decal.

p?i=58356b81551fd1d8ed3c0e770bb2b544

the other decals have lifted slightly, but can hide that with a bit of weathering. I’m going to leave well alone overnight, then seal it with some clear varnish. I only used floor polish before - clearly not enough. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

• 1 month later...

Well haven’t had a chance to get back to the bench since Easter. And I was so close!

I got as far as some minor weathering and a matt coat, and the. That was it for the last 6 weeks or so.

It didn’t take long today to add the wheels and the open “lid”. I also had to glue the bits I knocked off back on again…

p?i=592aa24a95fa670389de957485d57988

p?i=ed5e1d73c6af92cfd2138eb8f80e196e

Almost done - just the aerials and some additional minor touch ups/weathering to go.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Hamden said:

This has really come together well, superb result.

Stay safe            Roger

Thankyou!

3 hours ago, Milan Mynar said:

Looks nice, I am looking forward for finish and for gallery.

Thank you - may be awhile yet. This week is looking busy at work!

• 2 weeks later...

Another longish break - this time due to illness. On the mend now. Added the aerials from guitar string cut to length and painted black. Some washes of Vallejo European Dust, and a bit of oil dry brushing on the padding on the roof section. Almost done.

p?i=69f7a116073383f0126b0ab46589db32

• Like 9

Sorry to hear you've not been well but glad to hear you're on the mend.

The Dingo has turned into a great replica- very nice workmanship

Stay safe         Roger

• Like 1