Afternoon all,

Her is my entry for the GB - Italieri's M4 Sherman based on the movie staring Brad Pitt. 

II haven't built any kind of armour in a long time. I think the last attempt ended in failure during the Tiger STGB which was a while ago....

However this is a Sherman so it has less road wheels and rubber band tracks (unlike the Zvezda Tiger) so it should be doable for me at least. The kit comes with lots of stowage very much like the film version with log applicate armour and plenty of baggage. No crew figures though so i will have a think about whether i will add some.

Any way heres a few pics. TFL Cheers Greg

IMG_20220313_100908.jpg

IMG_20220313_100951.jpg

IMG_20220313_101603.jpg

IMG_20220313_101733.jpg

• Like 8

51 minutes ago, GREG DESTEC said:

No crew figures though so i will have a think about whether i will add some.

I've seen a resin set of the crew from the film, all distinctly recognisable. I believe they are available on eBay ATM.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I've seen a resin set of the crew from the film, all distinctly recognisable. I believe they are available on eBay ATM.

I have a set of those figures. I'm supposed to be painting them up for a club mate.

They are beautifully cast and they look just like the film cast. I've been using film stills on the internet for the face & head detail painting

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

9 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

I have a set of those figures. I'm supposed to be painting them up for a club mate.

They are beautifully cast and they look just like the film cast. I've been using film stills on the internet for the face & head detail painting

2 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Thanks folks👍 I'm not a great figure painter but enjoy the challenge. I think I've seen these before but they are a bit pricey 🤑. I had a US crew  set for a build I did a while back, I'll have a dig about to see if there's any left.

Cheers Greg 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Thanks folks👍 I'm not a great figure painter but enjoy the challenge. I think I've seen these before but they are a bit pricey 🤑. I had a US crew  set for a build I did a while back, I'll have a dig about to see if there's any left.

The better the sculpt, the easier the painting. Just sayin... 😄

• Like 1

Hi Greg. Welcome to the GB. Great to have you here and it's great to have someone making the Fury kit. I'm looking forward to following your progress. 

Kind regards, 

Stix

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Welcome aboard sir, decent movie better tank. 

5 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. Welcome to the GB. Great to have you here and it's great to have someone making the Fury kit. I'm looking forward to following your progress. 

Kind regards, 

Stix

Thanks for the welcome, mein hosts 😁

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 7:18 PM, GREG DESTEC said:

Cheers Greg 👍

On 3/13/2022 at 9:48 PM, Bertie Psmith said:

The better the sculpt, the easier the painting. Just sayin... 😄

:ditto: If you aren't happy stripping the paint is easy enough leaving you a clean restart. 

A brave choice considering how popular the movie is but I think you'll do fine. The movie tank is at Bovington IIRC so plenty of reference photos around until they start fiddling with it as they are wont to do....

• Like 1

Hiya,

Got a fair bit done yesterday completing sections 1 to 4. All has gone together well with this Italieri kit with no poor fit or problems.

I am just starting painting the lower hull and the undercarriage (or whatever the lower part of a tank is called!)

All good so far, heres the pics, thanks for looking

Cheers Greg

IMG_20220317_090149.jpg

IMG_20220317_085947.jpg

IMG_20220317_090058.jpg

IMG_20220317_082222.jpg

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Longbow said:

Nice start !! 

52 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. Glad to see you are underway and it looks to be going together very well! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks folks, much appreciated 👍

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Yeah, another out of the starting blocks!

Great start

Darryl 

Cheers! 

Got some paint on it yesterday so I'm moving along steadily. 

ATB Greg 👍

• Like 3

On 21/03/2022 at 08:09, GREG DESTEC said:

Cheers! 

Got some paint on it yesterday so I'm moving along steadily. 

ATB Greg 👍

Paint on....already!

Haven't even had chance to open a plastic bag yet!

Good effort!

Darryl 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all!

Despite not posting recently i have not been idle. The long and tedious wheel painting has been completed and i have the lower hull and running gear finished. The rubber band style tracks went on without much of a fight or breaking of the drive wheels/sprockets.  All in all, I'm reasonably happy with it all so far. 

Thanks for looking, cheers Greg

IMG_20220330_174506.jpg

IMG_20220330_174527.jpg

IMG_20220330_174554.jpg

IMG_20220401_164525.jpg

IMG_20220401_164539.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Greg. Great to see it with the tracks on. Always feels like a significant milestone to get them done! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix, I'm moving on to all the tools etc that are attached to the upper hull. So far so good.👍

Cheers Greg

• Like 1