1/24 Airfix Mosquito

That looks great - congratulations. And it would look good in a perspex box on legs.

I'm also on the scrounge; I recently had a 'wanted' request for an empty box of this particular version (mine is damaged where the seller just put a skin of brown paper around it; also he'd written my name and address details with a marker that bled through on to the box art 🤬). If it's surplus to your requirements now, may I buy it please? And all associated costs . . .

Nick

23 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

Make a coffee table with glass or perspex top and sides, and keep it in that?  

Anyway, very neat bit of work :goodjob:

and question,  do you still have the figures that come with the kit,  and if so, do you want them?   I'm after 1/24th figures is all..

cheers

T

Thanks Troy.  Unfortunately I dont have the figures anymore.  My son (8 years old) has got into the hobby in the last year or so and he built them and started painting them yesterday

1 hour ago, Pagey said:

Thanks Troy.  Unfortunately I dont have the figures anymore.  My son (8 years old) has got into the hobby in the last year or so and he built them and started painting them yesterday

Well, they are being used in a good cause is the main thing :)   

Does he get a 1/24th Mosquito as well ;) 

thanks for replying,

cheers

T

1 hour ago, Troy Smith said:

Well, they are being used in a good cause is the main thing :)   

Does he get a 1/24th Mosquito as well ;) 

thanks for replying,

cheers

T

Oh god, dont,  he keeps going on about it,  when am I going to have a big Mosquito?  I told he has to wait until he is 40 like I did 🙂 

• Haha 1

I have seen on-line reviews that identify that the kit landing gear is not capable of supporting the finished model. I am curious what your experience is in that regard?

Nice build by the way!

Mark Proulx

Edited by Mark Proulx

58 minutes ago, Mark Proulx said:

I have seen on-line reviews that identify that the kit landing gear is not capable of supporting the finished model. I am curious what your experience is in that regard

Just putting my hat into the ring, built the mossie about 10 years ago and she has stood on her own feet all that time without a problem.

Brilliant build buy the way Pagey, knocks mine into a cocked hat!!

15 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

Just putting my hat into the ring, built the mossie about 10 years ago and she has stood on her own feet all that time without a problem.

Brilliant build buy the way Pagey, knocks mine into a cocked hat!!

Thanks.  Mine is also still standing on its feet (taken over my work bench). Not sure where to put it when I need to use the bench again.  I did have one of the struts break, but that was more to do with my clumsyness.  I did have the white metal gear, but couldnt work with it.  The plastic felt weirdly stronger when constructed. 

• 2 weeks later...

That is a seriously impressive and inspiring build. I've got one in the stash but would have no idea how or where to display it when built.

Is there a build thread anywhere by any chance?

20 hours ago, Bonkin said:

That is a seriously impressive and inspiring build. I've got one in the stash but would have no idea how or where to display it when built.

Is there a build thread anywhere by any chance?

Thanks for the nice comments.  Sorry, I didnt do a build thread.