Pfalz D.XII - 1/72 Classic Plane Vac Form kit

I don't normally get as far as RFIs because I lose interest the moment a model is finished, but this is my first 1/72 vac form biplane. Looking at the pictures, I can see that I need to do some dusting after my last bout of sanding a Pegasus Albacore! Anyway, here it is, warts (aplenty) and all:

IMG-6224.jpgIMG-6227.jpgIMG-6228.jpgIMG-6230.jpgIMG-6232.jpgIMG-6236.jpg

Here's the starting point (the bottom one):

490-F392-E-C4-CF-4-ACB-A534-DE1-B2-FC3-E

I didn't use the struts (plastic rod for the wings and brass rod for the undercarriage, but I did use the wheels and propeller. Lozenge decals were the Pegasus 5-colour set. WIP is here.

Thanks for looking, 

Adrian

• Like 44
  • Thanks 2

Lovely finish Adrian, and a very engaging WIP too. Pesky Albacore dust gets everywhere (speaking from personal experience!)

Cheers,

Roger

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Spadgent said:

The photos really do her justice

Thanks Johnny! I noticed I hadn’t had the camera out since 2020. I’ve become so used to just snapping camera phone pictures at the bench/desk. A “proper” camera does show a lot more than a phone, so much so that I didn’t want to look at some of the pictures until I’d shrunk them down to 800x600!

24 minutes ago, Dunny said:

Albacore dust

I haven’t forgotten that one. During my week away I got half the wings taped. I forgot to pack tweezers so it was all a bit slow and frustrating.

The Warbirds/Rareplanes D.III is now on the bench to complete the pair.

• Like 3

Thanks Gents!

On 16/03/2022 at 12:45, Spitfire31 said:

I can sense a Harry Woodman's spirit

He was definitely a biplane guy. It can't be Alan W Hall because there isn't a shred of balsa in the whole thing!

22 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

What a challenge

... and first lozenge decals too! It was actually fun, starting from such a blank canvas. The kit was actually very accurate to the Harborough plans and was fit for purpose, which surprised me. And I loved doing the colour scheme.

22 hours ago, Marklo said:

I’d be whipping out my Pfalzs

We'll have none of that here!!

17 hours ago, Ray S said:

Looking forward to the next Pfalz pfriend!

The D.III will be in black with a giant edelweiss on it. Although it is featured on at least one Pheon decals 1/32 decal sheet, I've never seen a photo of a real D.III in those colours so it may be a Pfalz scheme. Is that a paradox??

13 hours ago, stevehnz said:

just reward for the effort it took

Thanks Steve. I'd forgotten how unforgiving macro photography with a proper camera is though!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1