Tiger in the snow

Yes indeed, that's really cool. Great figure painting and the weathering on the tank together with the excellent groundwork make it all feel very bleak. Well done. 10/10!

Looking at this diorama, I wonder whether you might be interested in our recent GB proposal? Your weathering skills would be just the thing.

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, nimrod484 said:

Great! What are the dimensions of the base? Must be huge. What were the challenges beyond this at 1/16 scale for tank and figures?

The base is around 65cmx35cm so it takes up a whole unit’s space to itself.

I prefer 1/16 scale as I find it easier to add details and bring to life. I also enjoy scratch building accessories.

The only drawback I see is the room to display finished pieces and a challenge would be the limited availability of more unusual subjects in this scale. 

In 1/35 scale, you buy a kit and then there’s a plethora of figures and accessories to add to it. You’re spoilt for choice when you look into resin figures.

In 1/16, I do it the other way around - I’ll find some figures that I like first and then try to find (or have 3D printed) an appropriate vehicle. 

WOW!...what an excellent build!...absolutely love it and...being Germans in the snow (my favourite subject)...inspirational...looking forward to seeing some more of these dio's in the future....space permitting of course :yes: