M10 Wolverine

Marklo

8-B9-AE0-F1-0-EC4-4388-AC77-051-B248-B4-

I’ll be building this, it’s a superb kit which I was going to build in the kit scheme, but owing to world events no red stars will be crossing my work bench. So it will be in one of the schemes below.

92-CB9423-FFF5-4173-A891-D6-BCCEEFE900.w

6-E7-E766-C-EDA2-4-CDA-940-B-179-E0-A38-

Decisions, decisions, I’m leaning towards the second one but I like the way the first one looks like someone took a 6inch brush to it in the field,

• Like 12

056-E9974-ABBE-454-E-855-A-57-EFB81842-CFound this it’s a Danish Achilleas ( which I suspect the lower of the two above should be too) so would need the gun as well as the counter weight modified, but I quite like the grey snd broen camo.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 4

9-F4-EAF09-43-C3-4-A52-8636-312-BA6-F407Ok decision made, I don’t want to go converting it into an Achilles and I don’t want an all olive drab tank ( I’ll be  finishing the Cromwell like that) so this is the scheme I’ll do.  I suspect this one left the factory green and was over sprayed in sand, so that’s the way I’ll paint it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

056-E9974-ABBE-454-E-855-A-57-EFB81842-CFound this it’s a Danish Achilleas ( which I suspect the lower of the two above should be too) so would need the gun as bad the counter weight modified, but I quite like the grey snd broen camo.

Interestingly this Achilles is fitted with the Canadian dry pin tracks. These tracks were mainly used on the Sexton & some Ram & Grizzly tanks. I'm curious how they might have ended up on an Achilles... 

• Thanks 1

Hi Mark. Welcome to the GB. Great to have you here and with what looks to be a nice choice of build. I'm looking forward to following your progress. 

Kind regards, 

Stix

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2022 at 1:28 PM, Marklo said:

Ok decision made, I don’t want to go converting it into an Achilles and I don’t want an all olive drab tank ( I’ll be  finishing the Cromwell like that) so this is the scheme I’ll do.  I suspect this one left the factory green and was over sprayed in sand, so that’s the way I’ll paint it.

Great to see we share another interest Mark 👍I think that is faded olive drab with black overspray, It's a good choice though as it hasn't got the cut outs on the lowest bit of the sand shields put in to allow extended end connectors to be used. 

Silver courtesy of an Aldi rattlecan, gives a nice bare metal effect. Must get more when next in stock, just as good as humbrol and a fraction of the price, it's my go to bare metal colour. 

The plan (ha) is to hairspray everything next then brick red for the primer on the outside and white for the interior, then assemble the interior and distress the whole thing followed by a coat of clear, assembly more hairspray and so e olive drab, flowed by sand and final weathering, phew, should be fun. 

Edited by Marklo

788-F6370-7-B78-4-C87-B151-F66-CDD44-D6-I have finally decided this is the beastie I’m going to model. I’m going to paint it as sand over olive drab and probably in a pre restored state. The danish one I still like but I’d have to convert it to an Achilles, mind that’s not to say I might acquire an Achilles kit in the future.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

a chromed M10

Well my plán as always is to be able to scuff down to bare metal, although I might not be doing that this time as my subject is pretty clean and well maintained. 

987-F9-D8-D-02-DB-45-D1-BFE9-C16-C25898-

338F5E85-A771-4860-83FA-F4398BCAFE60.jpg

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Gangsta!

Don’t give me ideas :) maybe we should table another what if.. GB 

Pimp my AFV! Anyone?

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...

BE9-FF7-AB-7-DF7-475-D-BEF8-862-D6-A5-EECrew compartment in and a first coat of white. This will be a fairly clean build as I’m modelling a museum tank but it won’t be pristine either, the trick will be to weather and distress it subtly.

• Like 1