Voyage to the Centre of the Lee - F..F..F..F..F..FINISHED!!!

45 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

anyone else thought I was on some kind of hallucinogenic...

Perish the thought. I’m not on any but my monthly prescriptions require a carrier bag to take home from the pharmacy.

I must admit that except for the fact that it’s two Frenchmen ( I presume) and not a tentacled mutant from Skaro the resemblance is remarkable.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Perish the thought. I’m not on any but my monthly prescriptions require a carrier bag to take home from the pharmacy.

I must admit that except for the fact that it’s two Frenchmen ( I presume) and not a tentacled mutant from Skaro the resemblance is remarkable.

Actually, I believe they are Americans in a M1917 Light Tank, a license built version of the FT. I found the photo on Wikipedia somewhere.

1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I believe they are Americans in a M1917 Light Tank

Ok a pair of Homosapiens in what may or may not be a French tank or derivative thereof, but you get the idea. :) 

Now that I think of it Frenchmen of that era would probably have had moustaches. Afaik it was a requirement in the British army.

Actually I always find video of manoeuvring tanks reminiscent of Daleks.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, psdavidson said:

The first picture looks like like a "cut someone in half" magic trick gone spectacularly wrong, and that's without any hallugin hallelu mind altering drugs (unless toast counts)

/P

I just ate four slices of toast and pork dripping. It's not altered my mind but I fear it may alter my morning routine. :poop:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Thanks Darryl, I’ve enjoyed your company too. See you on the Valentine project?

I'm sure I'll pop in!

To try broadening my modelling horizons I'm going to try and spend a bit more time in the depths of the GB area this year.  Once the Sherman is done I'll have a shufty and see what's kicking off next in the GB zone...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

I'm sure I'll pop in!

To try broadening my modelling horizons I'm going to try and spend a bit more time in the depths of the GB area this year.  Once the Sherman is done I'll have a shufty and see what's kicking off next in the GB zone...

I have something for the Canadian GB. It’s roughly one seventh of an aeroplane. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Thinks very much, but I have no idea who you mean so it's probably a sporting reference?

Ah, a Richie Benaud (former Aus cricket captain and famous cricket commentator) reference. Thought he commentated on English cricket for many years as well, but to be fair, he was not a modeller as far as I know! But yes, marvellous modelling!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wings unlevel said:

Ah, a Richie Benaud (former Aus cricket captain and famous cricket commentator) reference. Thought he commentated on English cricket for many years as well, but to be fair, he was not a modeller as far as I know! But yes, marvellous modelling!

Oh I HAVE heard of that one. 😃

• Haha 1

Hi Bertie! Wow! That really is an absolutely awesome result and well deserving of all the praise that your efforts are receiving! You have turned out a real masterpiece in creative model building. I would imaging museums would be very intersted in having it on display too. Utterly, utterly brilliat! Very well done :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Thank you for building it in this GB.

Kind regards,

Stix

7 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Bertie! Wow! That really is an absolutely awesome result and well deserving of all the praise that your efforts are receiving! You have turned out a real masterpiece in creative model building. I would imaging museums would be very intersted in having it on display too. Utterly, utterly brilliat! Very well done :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Thank you for building it in this GB.

Kind regards,

Stix

Forty days worth. And you and I both thought it likely that three months wouldn't be long enough. If someone took their time and finished each part properly, I'm sure they would need a lot more time, but I took many shortcuts (and was quite sloppy at times). Once all this hoo-ha has died down, perhaps folks will notice that. 🤣

Thanks for all the support, and for creating the challenge of the GB in the first place. It's been a very good GB experience for me, very friendly and encouraging. 

• Like 1