Voyage to the Centre of the Lee - F..F..F..F..F..FINISHED!!!

Excellent looking model @Bertie Psmith, the cutaway's have worked a treat showing off all that superb detail. Thanks for all the advise you have given throughout your build It will really help as I progress with my own build.👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arfa1983 said:

Magnificent work Bertie. I really think this cutaway tank is an absolute masterpiece. 

Thanks Arfa. You've been with me all the way. Thanks for the encouragement.

12 minutes ago, Blade2009 said:

Excellent looking model @Bertie Psmith, the cutaway's have worked a treat showing off all that superb detail. Thanks for all the advise you have given throughout your build It will really help as I progress with my own build.👍

Thank you and I'm really happy to be of any help.

• Like 1

• Bertie McBoatface changed the title to Voyage to the Centre of the Lee - F..F..F..F..F..FINISHED!!!
1 hour ago, Longbow said:

Wonderfully imagined !!

I second this, It was a fantastic idea, and it's been carried out in a wonderful fashion, the views into the interior, through cut outs, now just seems to be the best way to do an interior, and I love the red paint on the edges of the cut outs, that is a very nice touch ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

Super work, Bertie !! 
Wonderfully imagined !! ;)

Thanks very much. It's funny that to me it seemed the obvious and only way to do it. 

15 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

I second this, It was a fantastic idea, and it's been carried out in a wonderful fashion, the views into the interior, through cut outs, now just seems to be the best way to do an interior, and I love the red paint on the edges of the cut outs, that is a very nice touch ;)

Thanks. The red paint on cutouts and sectioned equipment is a classic way to do it. I've always thought it adds a touch of class. Once upon a time I could have done it neater!

15 minutes ago, psdavidson said:

Simply astounding!

/P

Thanks.

And thanks to the three of you for keeping me going through the last month. Your help was much needed, and appreciated.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

And thanks to the three of you for keeping me going through the last month. Your help was much needed, and appreciated.

Thanks! I arrived for the plastic and stayed for the madness (I was going to phrase that differently, but it would have been more appropriate to your planking thread)

Speaking of madness

6 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

The madness continues over here....

I already tracked you down like a good stalker should :ninja:

/P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, psdavidson said:

Thanks! I arrived for the plastic and stayed for the madness (I was going to phrase that differently, but it would have been more appropriate to your planking thread)

Speaking of madness

I already tracked you down like a good stalker should :ninja:

/P

Splendid! There's pages of it over there to keep you amused while you catch up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob68 said:

I stopped lurking and specifically joined the forum so I could comment on this (and your other) threads. Absolutely fantastic work, I could get no where near!

Hello Bob and welcome to Britmodeller and to the wacky world of barmy Bertie! I'm ever so pleased that you joined us. It's a proper condiment!

Absolutely remarkable work, could easily be a model of museum exhibit or a training aid.

Must say I've enjoyed your ramblings, apologies build thread tremendously,  looking forward to catching up with another. 

Atb

Darryl 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

Absolutely remarkable work, could easily be a model of museum exhibit or a training aid.

Must say I've enjoyed your ramblings, apologies build thread tremendously,  looking forward to catching up with another. 

Atb

Darryl 

Thanks Darryl, I’ve enjoyed your company too. See you on the Valentine project?

• Like 1

Hola Bertie, that is a bit marvellous mate. I viewed it earlier on my phone whilst at work ;)  :whistle:  & was well impressed. Even more so now I've seen it on a decent sized monitor. It is darn interesting to be able to see what goes on in the bowels of one of these monsters, this creation of yours provides a fascinating insight to same. Sorry I didn't keep up with the WiP, all that airy persiflage  masking the essence of the moment & me with the attention span of a gold fish, 'twas a struggle mate. ;) :D 

Take care,

Steve.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Sorry I didn't keep up with the WiP, all that airy persiflage  masking the essence of the moment

That's not a problem, not everyone appreciates true literature/mindless waffle. Persiflage eh, that's a new word for me to play with, "light and slightly contemptuous (self) mockery" is exactly my style. If I'd known the word before I signed up here I'd have been Percy Flange instead of Bertie.

I'm glad you liked the tank though. This is my second full interior kit and both times I've been struck by how much equipment is crammed into a tank and how little room, and comfort, is provided for the crews. 

• Like 1

That is a lovely build, a lot of work but it shows. The cutaway works extremely well.

By a strange coincidence I have the Tamiya Valentine in the stash so I’ll be following along for inspiration. (It and a Panzer II are all the tanks left in the stash so im going to have to try to address that)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marklo said:

That is a lovely build, a lot of work but it shows. The cutaway works extremely well.

By a strange coincidence I have the Tamiya Valentine in the stash so I’ll be following along for inspiration. (It and a Panzer II are all the tanks left in the stash so im going to have to try to address that)

Thanks Mark, it was a bit of a slog in the middle of the build and I'm glad it's over now, but overall I enjoyed the experience. Would I do another one? Hmm.

1 hour ago, Wings unlevel said:

To channel a famous countryman, ‘marvellous effort that’!

Thinks very much, but I have no idea who you mean so it's probably a sporting reference?

7 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Would I do another one? Hmm.

Not even for the ‘it’s what’s on the’ inside GB should it come to pass?

I’m contemplating either a bare bones A7V in 1/35 or possibly a large scale Renault FT with all the hatches open.