FW 190 A5

This my attempt at the Hasegawa 1/32 FW 190 A5 kit. I found this to be an easy and fun build. I was motivated by some great builds at the Vegas Nats. I was able to pick the kit and decals while I was there. I have always had a fondness for the Yellow and Black checker nose. Reminds me of the Ernst Kessler Bird from the Movie The Great Waldo Pepper.  I riveted the skin and used G factor landing gear, Barracuda wheels, Quinta cockpit and a mix of Model Master and AK Paints.

Internet 4

Internet 8 Internet 7 Internet 1 Internet 5 Internet 9 Internet 10 Internet 12

Thanks for looking

Rod

• Like 52

Pinging marvellous, as usual. The illusion of real aircraft was darned near perfect, until I got to the last two photos which combined in my brain to produce an image of a full grown FW-190 and its calf in a field. 

This, the production of models that looked real in photos, was always my aim in modelling. I never achieved better than 40% and when I see you hitting 99% time after time, I'm filled with joy. Where do you go from here? Or rather, how do you improve on perfect? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have just had AN IDEA! Join the Entropy Group Build ( link here ) and make a perfect picture of an abandoned aircraft on your airfield, a fire training wreck or a battle damage training aircraft perhaps? Yes, I am promoting my GB idea anywhere I can, but this is a genuine personal invitation to the Britmodeller Master of Realism. I'd love to see what you could do with this idea!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Pinging marvellous, as usual. The illusion of real aircraft was darned near perfect, until I got to the last two photos which combined in my brain to produce an image of a full grown FW-190 and its calf in a field. 

This, the production of models that looked real in photos, was always my aim in modelling. I never achieved better than 40% and when I see you hitting 99% time after time, I'm filled with joy. Where do you go from here? Or rather, how do you improve on perfect? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have just had AN IDEA! Join the Entropy Group Build ( link here ) and make a perfect picture of an abandoned aircraft on your airfield, a fire training wreck or a battle damage training aircraft perhaps? Yes, I am promoting my GB idea anywhere I can, but this is a genuine personal invitation to the Britmodeller Master of Realism. I'd love to see what you could do with this idea!

Hi Bertie,

Thanks for your comments. That link is a interesting idea. Perhaps in the future I will try something like that. Best wishes.

Rod

Took me a couple of pics to realise that these birds aren't part of some museum collection that I might have missed.
Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1