11th Armored Division Up-Armored Easy 8. FINISHED !!

Longbow

37 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Darryl, if you’re getting bubbles in the cup, use some Burt’s Beeswax or other sealant on your nozzle screw threads 👍

Excellent idea, now you mention it someone else said something like that ages ago on a podcast, before my "issues" and I'd completely forgotten. 

Thanks Lee, I'll look that up.

:frantic:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Darryl, if you’re getting bubbles in the cup, use some Burt’s Beeswax or other sealant on your nozzle screw threads 👍

When you suggest burts beeswax I assume you don't mean the hand cream, lip balm type stuff?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

When you suggest burts beeswax I assume you don't mean the hand cream, lip balm type stuff?

Yes sir, just the lip balm. If you can find some actual beeswax, that would work too. 

I think @Corsairfoxfouruncle had had the same problem, maybe ? A few years ago...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Longbow said:

Yes sir, just the lip balm. If you can find some actual beeswax, that would work too. 

I think @Corsairfoxfouruncle had had the same problem, maybe ? A few years ago...

I did and bought a tube of bee’s wax in a lip balm tube that should last until the end of earth with the amount I use every-time I clean my A/B. I take a micro-brush and swirl a bit on it then fill the threads on my airbrush and works like a charm. 

This stuff .. https://www.burtsbees.com/product/beeswax-lip-balm/11099-00-1.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7aTR9YDi9gIVKRhMCh2bYwSREAQYAiABEgJoNfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great choice of subject Lee and well done with the additional armour plate. Looking good. A nice build to follow along with, as usual, a lot of handy tips on a range of other subjects. I'll be also starting my RFM E8 very soon.

Ray

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, edjbartos said:

That's coming along brilliantly, it's looking really good...

Ed

Thanks Ed….

I think I’m a little too focused on knocking out the build, so I can get to the painting on this one.   

33 minutes ago, Ray_W said:

Great choice of subject Lee and well done with the additional armour plate. Looking good. A nice build to follow along with, as usual, a lot of handy tips on a range of other subjects. I'll be also starting my RFM E8 very soon.

Ray

Thanks Ray !!

That RFM kit should be a cracker !!

• Like 1

Hi Lee. Good to see more progress. It looks to be coming together nicely. Wheels/running gear can be fun parts of the build with tanks. Plus the tracks, obviously!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Lee. Good to see more progress. It looks to be coming together nicely. Wheels/running gear can be fun parts of the build with tanks. Plus the tracks, obviously!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix !!

I’m moving slow and steady…

Got finished with work early today, so I get some bench time 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edjbartos said:

It’s looking great Lee

It most certainly is!

Just a bit surprised how slowly you're taking this,  normally after a few days the paint is being threatened!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, edjbartos said:

It’s looking great Lee

Thanks, Ed !! Getting there slowly...

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

It most certainly is!

Just a bit surprised how slowly you're taking this,  normally after a few days the paint is being threatened!

Thanks Darryl !! It's going slow for a couple or reasons...

I seem to be struggling with the subject a little, and getting into it. I'm putting off things that I would usually be excited about doing, such as the stowage and detailing the hatches and other items. 

I also had to work most of the weekend, and that totally sucked :D

• Sad 1

22 hours ago, Longbow said:

Thanks Darryl !! It's going slow for a couple or reasons...

I seem to be struggling with the subject a little, and getting into it. I'm putting off things that I would usually be excited about doing, such as the stowage and detailing the hatches and other items. 

I also had to work most of the weekend, and that totally sucked :D

At least you've started!

I still need to put the garage back together and clean after emptying "the bench end" for the new boiler job last week.

Place is covered in dust, including all modelling stuff and part built kits that I thought I'd put far enough away....:wall:

17 hours ago, Longbow said:

Deal of the month !!

I was thinking about a new compressor, and happened to walk into Hobby Lobby. 
Sparmax TC-2000 on sale for $119 !! 👍

Great find with the compressor, isn't Sparmax related to Iwata?

Sure I've used Sparmax spares for my old trusty Neo.

$119 what's that in real money, about £40??:winkgrin:

Wish we had shops these days that stocked modelling stuff...

• Thanks 1