North American F-107 Ultra Sabre RDAF!

Yes - I know, I know - The F-107 never passed the prototype stage, but what if it did! :hmmm:What if not only did go into production, but it also won out against the F-105 (who had ever heard of a fighter with a bombbay anyway!:lol:)

Then in the sixties when the European Nato countries were looking for a new fighterbomber, what would be more obvious than to choose the Ultra Sabre - afterall the danes had used the F-100 to great effect! And noone wanted that flying misile F-104 anyway, what with it's tiny wings and all! :winkgrin:

So I present to you, the F-107A in service with the RDAF:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hope you like it and please forgive me for toying a bit with history - but then again it's very popular these days what with the mulitiverse and what have you...! :winkgrin:

What's next, I hear you ask - I don't know yet - a Bundeswehr BAC Lightning? :hmmm: (Or something that actually was used in the 'real' world! :winkgrin:)

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Like 30

Yowzah- that's one nasty-looking what-if; looks absolutely believeable, and you did a great job on the hot section, too! I'm thinking you need a Danish F-4 to go with this one! 👍

Mike

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Interesting...very interesting. I don't know whether the whif scheme makes it stranger or not, it always was an oddity.

Whatever, you've done a cracking job on it. Splendid painting.

Thank you.

I think you're right regarding the paintscheme. The prototype scheme consisted of large red panels on a NM background which broke up the lines of the aircraft.

An allover one colour scheme lets one see the whole aircraft without anything to disturp the lines. :hmmm:

I've always liked the Ultra Sabre - what's not to like when the word 'Ultra' is in the name! :D

Cheers and thanks for the input :bye:

Hans J

• Like 1