Bismark 1:700 Revell

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Hi guys this is my latest project.Bismark battleship in the Baltic Sea 1940-1941.The model in scale 1:700 didn't present any particular issue during the assembly stages.The instructions are not very clear in my opinion, maybe due to the small format.I hand painted the entire model using Revell and Vallejo acrylic colours .The weathering effects in the deck,starboard side and cannons was done using Mig enamel product.I really enjoyed this build,although,the scale represented for me a real challenge. I hope you like, and please feel free to give me your opinions and advices.Thank you.

spacer.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

That looks very good.

I'm currently building the Trumpeter 1/700 Bismarck, which I have to say is not a bad kit, but like you I find this scale a challenge. I'm adding PE railings from the WEM set, and these are a REAL challenge. I swear they distort and bend just by being looked at.

Jon

Thank you guys for your feedback.I normally build aircraft model but I really enjoyed this one.Next it will be a submarine, Xxiii u-boat 1:144 ICM.Crossing fingers it will come out fine.

Edited by MASSIMILIANO

• 4 weeks later...

Fantastic job on this Bismarck!

I’m more into civilian vessels but this ship and a few other military vessels always stood out to me.  Indeed I have this in my stash.  Very crisp moulding and lots of details for it’s size.

The deck looks fantastic too.  Can you tell me which deck colour and MIG product you used for painting and weathering the deck? Looks great!