1/48 Mig 21 Eduard

Hello everyone I've just finished the Eduard 1/48 Mig 21 MFN the Czech version. It was a remarkable kit which cost £20! It went together extremely well, no filler was used and the surface detail is excellent. I can't recommend this kit enough for the price. It was made OOB no extras although in the box you get enough weapons and canopies that you could make probably any variant you wanted if you know all the different antennas etc.i painted this with acrylic. Started with a black base then followed with mottled blue, brown and grey then finally a light coat of pale blue to tie it all together and leave a weathered appearance on the paint. It's supposed to be light grey with a dark grey intake but I like the steel look better. The decals took two days to complete as there are so so many stencils I actually googled Czech Mig-21s to see if the stencils were perhaps less obvious but no they were all there in every photo so I stuck with it and I'm glad I did. This build took 2 weeks start to finish as it's not big but most importantly it's well engineered in terms of construction and fit so it was a breeze so much so that I have ordered another weekend edition of the BIS which I never really do as I tend to not build the same plane twice. Anyway enough of what sounds like me advertising for Eduard! Here's the photo's enjoy!spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Weathering was done with black and brown pigments and then sealed in with a matt coat which still retained a satin appearance. The seat in the weekend version doesn't have any belts so I just made them from tape that's the only thing I added I was going to add canopy seals but there were none and I didn't fancy painting those on or ordering them. I'm happy with the result without.

Edited by Deano353
Spelling mistake
  • Like 43

• Deano353 changed the title to 1/48 Mig 21 Eduard

Thanks guys @Brucie1380 you won't regret it the kit builds exceptionally well it's a very enjoyable model and doesn't take long to get together! @Pete in a shed Thanks I think I first tried it out a year or so ago it works very well especially if the aircraft is all one colour.

17 hours ago, Electric Indigo said:

Is the loadout realistic? You'd think the heavier tanks would be on the inner pylons.

Yeah that's the right load out the drop tanks are on the outer part of the wing. I don't think it would be possible in board as the landing gear would be in the way.

• Thanks 1