1/72 AirFix Mitsubishi A6M Zero fighter

I had a little fun with this one, especially with the weathering and paint chipping.  The model kit itself was quite simple with decent fit, and I finished the entire thing in about a week of spare time.  Enjoy!

MFfVbMB.jpg

thov8mD.jpg

LGX6Ef9.jpg

hRVd6w4.jpg

NPNFG3Y.jpg

Mekw23L.jpg

C32Rl5T.jpg

6Z60cAa.jpg

stztpBG.jpg

• Like 33

Looking good. Chipping and weathering look excellent. I've got one in the stash, but I'm going to practice some chipping techniques on a test mule first I think. I keep putting it off as it's something I've not tried yet.

• Like 1

That looks very nice, or better said  excellent. I can see you must have a lot of fun! Normally I don’t like Japanese planes not so much… but this is really first class, especially the weathering! 

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

5 minutes ago, Andy Dyck said:

That looks very nice, or better said  excellent. I can see you must have a lot of fun! Normally I don’t like Japanese planes not so much… but this is really first class, especially the weathering! 

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

+1, worn but not from the washing machine!

Nice modelling but ... why are there no paint chips on the underside ?

You would have thought that it would suffer on rough airstrips.

• Thanks 1

Nice work on this kit. As the others have said the weathering is excellent. I also much prefer the restrained chipping on the Japanese aircraft, unless your following a photo of a certain machine. Well done 

15 hours ago, FatFlyHalf said:

Nice modelling but ... why are there no paint chips on the underside ?

You would have thought that it would suffer on rough airstrips.

Huh, to be honest, I never even considered chipping the underside, but you're right, it would be far more heavily weathered and beaten up from those rough airstrips in the Pacific.  And darn it, you've just given me a perfect excuse to build another one!  Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Erik.

• 2 months later...