4 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

This is kind of what I have in mind. An legacy hornet aggressor being stripped for parts at AMARC in Arizona. IkK9oBs.jpg

That's a brilliant idea. No cockpit to do, or intake trunk or jetpipes. You can use the cheapest kits for this type of project and still create a stunning result.

Is that aeroplane looking ruefully over its shoulder?

• Like 2

Yay, lucky number 13 errr…. Well remember it’s only unlucky for some!

That hornet would make a particularly good diorama, maybe the gray one as well, hmm. As Oscar Wilde once said ‘talent borrows, genius steals!’ Now to decide if I have either.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Yay, lucky number 13 errr…. Well remember it’s only unlucky for some!

In this GB, number 13 seems oddly appropriate.

That hornet would make a particularly good diorama, maybe the gray one as well, hmm. As Oscar Wilde once said ‘talent borrows, genius steals!’ Now to decide if I have either.

I really like the crude wooden stands. They seem so out of place around (once)  multi-million dollar, highest-tech aircraft.

Pretty good idea I’m in. Vulcan is the plan of course, 19 examples around today, plus 11 cockpits (a tempting option with an old tool kit!), then the not insignificant number which have been scrapped after initial preservation, left to rot before finally succumbing to the scrap man or served to their very last as fire training airframes. 

7 minutes ago, Adam Poultney said:

scrapped after initial preservation, left to rot before finally succumbing to the scrap man or served to their very last as fire training airframes

Those are the ones we want, Adam. Definitely not a preserved museum one like the photo above. That's cleaner than they were in service!

I'll put you on the list right away.

7 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

My apologies to @Cerberus, I should have linked to this build of his right at the beginning of this thread.

No worries Bertie, I'm just happy to have sparked an idea, and it has resulted in a proposal for a group build, which is a good thing in my book :)

Matt

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

No worries Bertie, I'm just happy to have sparked an idea, and it has resulted in a proposal for a group build, which is a good thing in my book :)

Matt

II knew you wouldn't mind. I was just being polite. It's just something that comes over a chap from time to time.

1 minute ago, Bobby No Mac said:

Ooh, count me in :like:

That was certainly one of the more bleaker episodes of Thomas The Tank Engine...

That was one of the funnier comments on Britmodeller. Wet cornflakes all over the table...

I will add you to the list instantly!

• Like 2

I was impressed by @Cerberus's post in the M4 GN chat (link), especially the second image; especially the second image of a Sherman wreck on Isla Culebra (Google search - link).
AVvXsEh_p0Nc73QS3tmDWEvn87WQVH5Djs0Z8ULx

That got me looking - there are several of these wrecked tanks around, including a semi-submerged vehicle off Saipan:

OK, I'm in

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Robert Stuart said:

I was impressed by @Cerberus's post in the M4 GN chat (link), especially the second image; especially the second image of a Sherman wreck on Isla Culebra (Google search - link).

OK, I'm in

That was the one that first caught my eye. Lime greens and oranges make such a change from fifty shades of olive drab.

I have added you to the list, Robert. Welcome to scrapyard challenge!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Bobby No Mac said:

There's some terrific pics of the Soviet and French Cold War relics rotting away at RAF Spadeadam here: https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/threads/raf-spadeadam.112839/

Those tanks are very interesting. The hulls look new but the tracks are very rusty already. It would appear that the people who claim that tracks don't rust are as short-sighted as those who say that armour plate doesn't.

y4mCGgkZ6qm316c53GJtxDoFckfYc8C286CPT7hy

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, desert falcon said:

True, the mirror reminds me every morning (that’s why I’m keeping the lights off in the morning now) 👴

Just think yourself lucky that you can't now see the wreckage of your face as clearly as you used to. 😉

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Just think yourself lucky that you can't now see the wreckage of your face as clearly as you used to. 😉

Well the „issue“ is that I had cataract surgery on both eyes a while ago so I see better now than when I was 25 😂 

• Haha 3

On 3/12/2022 at 10:25 AM, Robert Stuart said:

That got me looking - there are several of these wrecked tanks around, including

The more I look at this the more I reckon that the algae could be done with tissue paper and glue and poster paint for the colour. My local ‘the Works’ has tubes of green and yellow that match the hue pretty well. 

• Like 2

The more I look at this the more I reckon that the algae could be done with tissue paper and glue and poster paint for the colour. My local ‘the Works’ has tubes of green and yellow that match the hue pretty well. 

Not poster paint. It's cheap chalky rubbish for posters innit? The Works cheap acrylic paint's not bad for the money though. if you slap it on thik.