14 minutes ago, Thom216 said:

..or maybe I do have a bun...🤔

Shall I put it in the oven for you? Remember, it's still a long way off and all you are doing is registering an interest.

That photo would make an interesting change from the rest of our ideas. Presumably no oxygen - therefore no rust! You'd have to come up with different kinds of decay.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

That photo would make an interesting change from the rest of our ideas. Presumably no oxygen - therefore no rust! You'd have to come up with different kinds of decay.

Micrometeor abrasion.  Lack of an atmosphere also increases exposure to cosmic rays possibly giving the metal a reddish cast.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Thom216 said:

@Bertie Psmith You know, yeah! I've been thinking about doing it for years, so this would be the right bit of bottom-kick,😁

Great! Welcome to the party! 

I saw a brilliant crashed spaceship diorama at Telford many years ago. It was set on a jungle planet and the broken-open spaceship was so full of wires and pipes that I couldn't tell where the debris ended and the jungle began. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NAVY870 said:

What about a heap that had a better outcome

This is our Beau as found

IY4KmJV.jpg

That would be a great subject and wingless, it would fit on a shelf very nicely. 

Do you want me to add you to the list of Entropists?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

That would be a great subject and wingless, it would fit on a shelf very nicely. 

Do you want me to add you to the list of Entropists?

Only if you take into consideration my appallingly poor completion rate for GB's

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NAVY870 said:

Only if you take into consideration my appallingly poor completion rate for GB's

Most certainly. This is a GB that's not competitive, there's no poll, no prizes. Rather we aim to be a group of people exploring a common theme, so whether anything actually gets finished is not a problem. I'll put your name down right away.

• Like 2

For inspiration:

jG64T66.jpg

I took this picture on our last family holiday to Australia, just before the pandemic. Looking in through the windows, it looked like there were several old cars from the 50‘s inside the shed. The complete area looked more or less like time had been standing still since the car was new :) 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, desert falcon said:

Looking in through the windows, it looked like there were several old cars from the 50‘s inside the shed. The complete area looked more or less like time had been standing still since the car was new :) 

You have to wonder what happened to the Gibb family...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, desert falcon said:

For inspiration:

jG64T66.jpg

I took this picture on our last family holiday to Australia, just before the pandemic. Looking in through the windows, it looked like there were several old cars from the 50‘s inside the shed. The complete area looked more or less like time had been standing still since the car was new :) 

Nice Ute ! I wonder if the owners were collecting or attempting to start a museum ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Nice Ute ! I wonder if the owners were collecting or attempting to start a museum ? 

I wonder to Dennis, but I am imagining that this place just had its time and that granddads collection was left to it‘s own…?

The „city“ is called Orroroo and is in South Australia about 300 km north of Adelaide, it‘s the beginning of the outback so to speak. As per wikipedia the city has some 600 souls, so not exactly a metropolis. But it was indeed an interesting place to stop, with its old buildings and an old railway station which is now a museum and also the starting point for a historic steam railway. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, desert falcon said:

I wonder to Dennis, but I am imagining that this place just had it time and that granddads collecting was left to it‘s own…?

The „city“ is called Orroroo and is in South Australia about 300 km north of Adelaide, it‘s the beginning of the outback so to speak. As per wikipedia the city has some 600 souls, so not exactly a metropolis. But it was indeed an interesting place to stop, with its old buildings and an old railway station which is now a museum and also the starting point for a historic steam railway. 

Thanks for responding, oddly enough in all my roadtrips (walkabout’s). Ive come across some really nice tiny local museum’s so thats what made me think it was an attempt at gathering things that were key to the locale and would hopefully attract a passerby to stop and check it out. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thanks for responding, oddly enough in all my roadtrips (walkabout’s). Ive come across some really nice tiny local museum’s so thats what made me think it was an attempt at gathering things that were key to the locale and would hopefully attract a passerby to stop and check it out. 

Could easily be, it certainly made us stop taking a photo :) 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 9:25 PM, desert falcon said:

Could easily be, it certainly made us stop [and ] take a photo :) 

There's something really attention grabbing about things like this. When out with the dog I have always examined with delight, the rotting relics left by farmers. You get so many colour and texture variations, plants growing in odd places, missing components that make the purpose of the original machines a mystery. Machines going back to the wild...

• Like 1

y4mcH8dZ2ePhiPvi9N_hvlzxZAmsziJOxFWN0j6q

I may have settled on a personal project for the GB. (I may have mentioned this before?)

I've come across the reality of this photo several times in different places, a retired horse living out its last days in the corner of a field with a small donkey for company. Fear not, I don't propose to model a dying horse, all I want to take from this scene is a large retired machine gently rusting away in a quiet corner of a scrapyard with a small rusty machine for company. Sad but somehow sweet? I suppose I want to sugar the bitter pill that Entropy has in store for all of us...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

y4mcH8dZ2ePhiPvi9N_hvlzxZAmsziJOxFWN0j6q

I may have settled on a personal project for the GB. (I may have mentioned this before?)

I've come across the reality of this photo several times in different places, a retired horse living out its last days in the corner of a field with a small donkey for company. Fear not, I don't propose to model a dying horse, all I want to take from this scene is a large retired machine gently rusting away in a quiet corner of a scrapyard with a small rusty machine for company. Sad but somehow sweet? I suppose I want to sugar the bitter pill that Entropy has in store for all of us...

That is a brilliant idea… well I think so. Lots of imagination and imagery. Great when you can add meaning to a scene/model.