OK - I have not signed up fro a GB for too long as I only produced hangar queens (to avoid clearer words). But this sounds as if I could still shovel some salt on still wet Revell 83 and call it rusted if I fail to finish my build 😉

Not shure what I would enter but it will be most likely SciFi. I have two ideas along the lines of the Statue of Liberty in Planet of the Apes.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rob Lyttle said:

Well, I'm dawdling in the Matchbox GB and hanging around in the kuta group, (special group for naughty modellers) but not achieving a great deal of results, and then I clicked on Other GBs and when I saw the word "entropy" I thought "This is the group for ME,,,," 😎

It's a very good word, Entropy.

There seems to be little dawdling here; everyone is fired with enthusiasm for this one. In fact holding folks back is the issue. We all want to get started NOW. Maybe that's just me?

If you've done anything like this before, maybe 'making heavy weather' of something, please post it on the thread to encourage, inform and entertain. Also anything you find on the web that might amuse us. Digressions are permitted, nay, compulsory. 😄

• Like 1

• Bertie McBoatface changed the title to The Entropy Group Build - Rusting Wrecks and Relics - It MUST be a Great Idea, We only need two more to SMASH the Bunfight Barrier and it's only been a week!
1 hour ago, Caerbannog said:

OK - I have not signed up fro a GB for too long as I only produced hangar queens (to avoid clearer words). But this sounds as if I could still shovel some salt on still wet Revell 83 and call it rusted if I fail to finish my build 😉

Not shure what I would enter but it will be most likely SciFi. I have two ideas along the lines of the Statue of Liberty in Planet of the Apes.

Ah fantastic! Welcome welcome to the GB of the year, any year!  Yes, its astonishing what effects you can achieve with some thick orange paint and a couple of washes if the worst comes to the worst. 

Sci -fi is very popular. I'm tempted that way myself. I was going to do a Tortoise Tank but the chances are I won't be able to wait that long. I've never modelled Star Wars, gasp! And a wrecked X-wing has a lot of traction on me at the mo.

Although maybe as host, I should concentrate on hosting and not build during the actual event. I must find out the protocol for that.

See the post above for some other welcoming info....

• Like 1

When the M3/M4 GB starts at the weekend I’m going to be very busy with two WIPs to progress. Obviously I will keep an eye on Entropy but only one, most of the time. 

Would you all mind keeping one of your eyes open for any posts that suggest the poster might be a likely recruit to our GB. And them grab them! Ta muchly. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mig Eater said:

You can add me to the list, I've been thinking of making a burnt out tank wreck for a few years, but haven't been brave enough to give it a try.

That’s great news! If the GB is encouraging old plans to fruition, it’s doing the job! 

Welcome to Oxides Anonymous!

Morning @Bertie Psmith

If you are still looking for people you can put me on the list. Figure i will have plenty of time to think of something to model and hopefully have improved my skills before the proposed start date.

Cheers,

George

• Like 1

• Bertie McBoatface changed the title to The Entropy Group Build - Rusting Wrecks and Relics - BUNFIGHT BOUND!!! - (In eight days. A record?)
2 hours ago, Geo1966 said:

Morning @Bertie Psmith

If you are still looking for people you can put me on the list. Figure i will have plenty of time to think of something to model and hopefully have improved my skills before the proposed start date.

Cheers,

George

Good Morning George! The sun is shining and now I know why; you have just taken us to the Bunfight! Welcome to the fun and frolics that are THE ENTROPISTS!

I will be looking for people right up to the closing date of the GB, but I must say that your name is kinda special, being number thirty.

(Thinks: I do hope that thirty IS the threshold! 😱 Someone confirm that please!!!!!) - (No worries, I found the rules for myself. We are in.)

Calling @Enzo Matrix, calling @Enzo Matrix, come in please.

Calling @Enzo Matrix, calling @Enzo Matrix, come in please.

SITREP: We are now a merry band of THIRTY.

Please open the gates to the Bunfight arena.

We are now ready to fight for our place in the sun, the swamps, the deep, the scrapyards, the beaches, the ranges, the rubble and the wreckage!

It took only eight days for THE ENTROPISTS to march to their gently corroding banner. Is this a record?

y4mLxxVC9H2FzXCdtGVKK6-eAtGHux8V6yKFwdG3

How could I have forgotten the greatest symbol of scrappage in the history of art. This is Turner's The Fighting Temeraire 

From the National Gallery website:

Turner’s painting shows the final journey of the Temeraire, as the ship is towed from Sheerness in Kent along the river Thames to Rotherhithe in south-east London, where it was to be scrapped. The veteran warship had played a distinguished role in the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805, but by 1838 was over 40 years old and had been sold off by the Admiralty.[...] Set against a blazing sunset, the last voyage of the Temeraire takes on a greater symbolic meaning, as the age of sail gives way to the age of steam.

Decay is mere change, as some cleverdick once said.

"I bags that one!" as I used to say in my youth.

• Like 4

@Longbow, @Bonhoff, @Cerberus, @desert falcon, @Moggy, @Stef N., @Jasper dog, @Corsairfoxfouruncle, @Retired Bob, @APA, @ColonelKrypton, @Marklo, @JeroenS, @Adam Poultney, @Bobby No Mac, @Robert Stuart, @jackroadkill, @Alan P, @Andy Dyck, @PlaStix, @Paul J, @Ian C, @Muchmirth, @arfa1983, @rob Lyttle, @Max Headroom, @Caerbannog, @Mig Eater, @Geo1966

Hey, we made it guys. We have the necessary thirty names and will shortly pass into the Bunfight sub-forum of the Group Builds Forum.

The Entropists roll slowly on towards the heat death of the universe.

Let's have a partaaaay!

Or at least a mutual pat on the back.

• Like 12

Thank you, @Bertie Psmith for your kind invitation.

Sadly, I lack the expertise, imagination, camera and computer literacy to actively participate, especially among such a host of respected modellers. Hence, my models have never graced [ ? ] the pages of BM, but I contribute whatever experience I believe may be helpful.

I am, indeed, reading with much appreciation everyones contribution, especially those that [gentleman's parts]* the emotions, such as @Muchmirth's Arnhem diorama and your inclusion of my all time favourite work of art, Turner's "Temeraire", not to mention the many jocular comments.

So I will continue to follow the thread and the many fascinating and ambitious models which will emanate from this Group Build and wish everyone the best of luck with their subjects.

Rog 

* Bloody auto in-correct, mucking about with what was intended as a serious post. piddle orf !!

Edited by roginoz
auto correct
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, roginoz said:

Thank you, @Bertie Psmith for your kind invitation.

Sadly, I lack the expertise, imagination, camera and computer literacy to actively participate, especially among such a host of respected modellers. Hence, my models have never graced [ ? ] the pages of BM, but I contribute whatever experience I believe may be helpful.

I am, indeed, reading with much appreciation everyones contribution, especially those that gentleman's parts the emotions, such as @Muchmirth's Arnhem diorama and your inclusion of my all time favourite work of art, Turner's "Temeraire", not to mention the many jocular comments.

So I will continue to follow the thread and the many fascinating and ambitious models which will emanate from this Group Build and wish everyone the best of luck with their subjects.

Rog 

Thanks Rog, I think between the 30 of us and those who will follow, we will give you a cracking show. 

The Fighting Temeraire was voted the nation's favourite artwork a few years ago. I woke up thinking about it this morning, so you could say it came to me in a dream. 🛌🏻

I can't find a plastic model of the ship but for my purposes HMS Victory is close enough. With the much reduced mastage? yardage? of a depot ship, and slops and corruption leaking from every plank, only the maritime experts will notice the switch. The Revell one will be fine.

1 minute ago, roginoz said:

We're being taken over !!

Auto in-correct won't let me use the penultimate word in my edit .........!

Now I'm curious!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Mig Eater said:

@Bertie Psmith wow, 6 posts in a row in under an hour, no wonder this thread is already on page 8 😆

I'm a very excitable young lad. 😊

Also cunning, because the more pages we have, the more notice we will get, and the more notice we get, the more votes we may attract...

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, roginoz said:

the watered down a/c substitute.........

Air conditioning substitute? Fresh air, ice pack, breeze? Alternating current substitute? battery, DC, wind power? None of these have the right initial anyway. It's a mystery.

• Like 1

OK, sorry, note the asterisk in my reply post, 3rd line, the bracketed bit between "that" and "the emotions". Makes sense ? Nup !

A/c aka auto correct doesn't like the term "p/r/i/c/k/s" and substitutes its own translation.

When I suggested in my edit where it should go, it again substituted its own translation for p/i/s/s/, the term I used.

This is all contributing to stuffing up and confusing an excellent thread........

Must be bed-time !!

Rog 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

@Longbow, @Bonhoff, @Cerberus, @desert falcon, @Moggy, @Stef N., @Jasper dog, @Corsairfoxfouruncle, @Retired Bob, @APA, @ColonelKrypton, @Marklo, @JeroenS, @Adam Poultney, @Bobby No Mac, @Robert Stuart, @jackroadkill, @Alan P, @Andy Dyck, @PlaStix, @Paul J, @Ian C, @Muchmirth, @arfa1983, @rob Lyttle, @Max Headroom, @Caerbannog, @Mig Eater, @Geo1966

Hey, we made it guys. We have the necessary thirty names and will shortly pass into the Bunfight sub-forum of the Group Builds Forum.

The Entropists roll slowly on towards the heat death of the universe.

Let's have a partaaaay!

Or at least a mutual pat on the back.

All thanks to you Mr. Bertie P. Smith 👍

I am a bit disappointed though that we are only on page 8 but I got a feeling this will change during the day 😎 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1