271-D0-EE1-E753-4376-A4-B7-112379-AC4-D6There you go GB sorted what’s next :) 

Well it’s actually my Big and British Cromwell in WIP camo to go over that and be subtlety ( yes I at least know how to spell it if not do it) chipped back to primer as be metal :) 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Marklo said:

271-D0-EE1-E753-4376-A4-B7-112379-AC4-D6There you go GB sorted what’s next :) 

Well it’s actually my Big and British Cromwell in WIP camo to go over that and be subtlety ( yes I at least know how to spell it if not do it) chipped back to primer as be metal :) 

At the moment it looks like 20 odd tons of chocolate. Mmmmmmm!

• Haha 2

On 10/04/2022 at 16:03, Marklo said:

I'm looking forward to seeing that. :popcorn: 

• Thanks 1

I've been a-musing.

This kind of modelling has particular challenges for certain kinds of person, I've been thinking. Those with a strong drive to be perfect may find it difficult because there's no standard to aim for. It's all very arty and loosely defined. People who over-think problems and tend not to do anything the easy way might tend to go round and around in circles due to the infinite number of ways of representing the infinite number of ways that machines die. A person that thrives on the approval of others might perhaps run into difficulties again due to the infinite variations available - they will ask "what do people want from me?" I'm cursed with all three of those psychological drivers, so I'm getting nowhere with my experiments - except when my impulsive and irrational side takes charge and I charge in with the Rice Crispies and the concrete mixer! 

Of course, we all have all of these drives, and many more too. How they are combined in each of us is as variable as the colour of decay. Perhaps modelling this theme and analysing the difficulties we each encounter might indeed be a way to gain some useful self knowledge. Free therapy! And that's without even mentioning our advancing age, as a group, and the theme of decay.  🤣

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Muchmirth said:

Just how?….

Internal explosions often blew the turrets up in the air, but I never saw anything like this. Note how the hatches have all been blown away too, even the pistol port on the turret. I hope, and expect the driver was dead before the gun pulped his remains.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Internal explosions often blew the turrets up in the air, but I never saw anything like this. Note how the hatches have all been blown away too, even the pistol port on the turret. I hope, and expect the driver was dead before the gun pulped his remains.

Pretty sure this one was in Normandy, knocked out by the 12th SS. 

• Like 2

Collectively, we are doing a magnificent job of keeping this thread at the top of the Bunfight list. Replies stand at 318 and views total a staggering 6,000!

There are some with more views but they as much as four years old and some are titled as dead threads (their presence confuses me, @Enzo Matrix 🤔)

There are none with more replies. We are a lively bunch!

• Like 2

I think there are two aspects to the nature of the thread.  First off @Bertie Psmith appears to be a natural marketeer ( I mean that as a compliment) and secondly most modellers are a creative bunch and this GB has set us thinking as to how to harness that creativity and fired peoples imagination. For those reasons and others it has the makings of a cracking GB.

And as I read what I wrote, I realise I’ve just unwittingly reiterated @psdavidson’s last post :) 

E5F163FF-60BE-4071-AC8D-6E6C3AA63E35.jpgOn a semi related note the Cromwell although scruffy no longer qualifies for this GB :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...