4 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I know exactly what you mean Ian. 🤣 But seriously, I imagine a lot of dead projects could be given the entropy treatment with scant cost in time and treasure. Were you actually asking to be added to the list? I don't want to offend by presuming so.

Quite possibly Bertie - it's a great idea. But can I confirm later on? I'm just assessing future projects and working out my next modelling Five Year Plan.. 

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IanC said:

Quite possibly Bertie - it's a great idea. But can I confirm later on? I'm just assessing future projects and working out my next modelling Five Year Plan.. 

Cheers,

Ian

Sure. But remember at this stage you're just seconding a good idea, there's no commitment to actually build anything. Even if we get through, it might well conflict on the calendar with something you prefer.

• Like 1

• Bertie McBoatface changed the title to The Entropy Group Build - Rusting Wrecks and Relics - Now 73.333333333333333% of the way to the Bunfight!
3 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Sure. But remember at this stage you're just seconding a good idea, there's no commitment to actually build anything. Even if we get through, it might well conflict on the calendar with something you prefer.

Oh, ok then. I'm in.

Consider this good idea seconded.😀

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IanC said:

Oh, ok then. I'm in.

Consider this good idea seconded.😀

Thank you very much. From a personal point of view too because when it's in the bunfight section I'll be able to relax a bit and stop doing this hard sell stuff. 😆

• Haha 3

• Bertie McBoatface changed the title to The Entropy Group Build - Rusting Wrecks and Relics - Now four fifths of the way to the Bunfight!
1 minute ago, Muchmirth said:

Thanks for the heads up Bertie, you can count me in. I’ve an abandoned/wrecked factory diorama to build which might fit in with this….seen as the crew on board so far are a pretty sound and reliable bunch!!! 

That could be amazing! And there are so many references online in the industrial archaeology forums. I wish I'd thought of that. 

I'll add you to the list immediately. Welcome to the Rusty TWO dozen, you bring the gang up to 24! That's 80% of the number we need for the bunfight.

If you get the chance post some abandoned factory photos for us to drool over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

Thank you very much. From a personal point of view too because when it's in the bunfight section I'll be able to relax a bit and stop doing this hard sell stuff. 😆

You could put a heads up in the Vehicle Discussion forum, I'm sure there are some car builders to be found who like rust. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JeroenS said:

You could put a heads up in the Vehicle Discussion forum, I'm sure there are some car builders to be found who like rust. 

I could put a heads up in ALL of the forums. Thanks for that idea Jeroen :thumbsup2:.

This is when I wish I had a co-host. Here I am all alone in the office, the phone ringing off the wall, posts to be posted, marketing to manage and nobody to run to the garage for a packet of hobnobs...

y4mrOilk6QdX1UynaN-KUiQd2Ha4uvarZ36euOsL

"Hobnobs! Is somebody  typing about biscuits?"

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

@Muchmirth is too modest to post his stuff here so, with his permission already received, I will.

This diorama is about a soldier, metaphorically speaking, abandoned to rot. He ain't rusty but the feeling is the same and I thought you all might find it as inspirational as I do.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

This is when I wish I had a co-host. Here I am all alone in the office, the phone ringing off the wall, posts to be posted, marketing to manage and nobody to run to the garage for a packet of hobnobs...

No worries Bertie, I'm willing to play co-host on this one. 

• Thanks 1

Sign me up Bertie. I will try do that abandoned IL-76 from Um al Quwain. I always thought about doing this every time I drive to the (big) liquor store. (It is just round the corner from one of the best bottle shops in UAE!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, arfa1983 said:

Sign me up Bertie. I will try do that abandoned IL-76 from Um al Quwain. I always thought about doing this every time I drive to the (big) liquor store. (It is just round the corner from one of the best bottle shops in UAE!)

Barracuda??? - never heard about it :whistle: 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, JeroenS said:

Laser Creation-World, a lot of his stuff is very rusty, has an abandoned feel to it, or is zombie apocalypse kinda stuff ;)

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

You teaser. 😆

Well  I can reveal It will be made up of all those spare, leftovers and unused parts you get in some kits

• Like 1

I have Chocolate Hobnobs, Pringles, a new recruit and a co-host. Truly my cup runneth over, but being single, I don't even care about the carpets.

3 hours ago, JeroenS said:

No worries Bertie, I'm willing to play co-host on this one. 

Thank you my old friend Jeroen. 😘

Do you know what a co-host actually does, because that would be good to know?

And would you like to bring Entropy to the attention of the car guys, please?

2 hours ago, arfa1983 said:

You are in, Arfa, and very welcome indeed. I believe that's 25 of us or 5/6 of a bunfight in under a week!!!

Best of luck with the IL-76 graffiti! 😱

• Haha 1

• Bertie McBoatface changed the title to The Entropy Group Build - Rusting Wrecks and Relics - Now Five Sixths of a Bunfight!
1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Laser Creation-World, a lot of his stuff is very rusty, has an abandoned feel to it, or is zombie apocalypse kinda stuff ;)

It looks fabulous but for your sanity, mute the sound! 😱

43 minutes ago, Paul J said:

Well  I can reveal It will be made up of all those spare, leftovers and unused parts you get in some kits

Adopt, adapt and improve! Excellent way to do 21st century moddelling. 🌳

26 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Aerosmith's original tour van was found on American Pickers a few years back. It was in a bit of a state.😀

spacer.png

https://www.history.com/news/american-pickers-aerosmith-van

I believe this photo was taken exactly three days after the band abandoned it. 😆

• Haha 3

As you can probably tell this proposal has captured my imagination ( dangerous I know)

716-CF08-B-FF4-A-4-E7-F-9247-3553-CC933-

This one is the Maid of Harlech, which is under about 2 metres of water but can be seen above the waves from time to time.

BE36-BD22-DE13-453-E-8-D12-7-A9-FCB42284
Some aircraft subjects I liked the look of. I think the fun thing with this one would be to make it look like it’s underwater.

A71-D579-E-2165-4333-A12-D-D63-ED6953193I’d love to model this kind of thing but it’s just wreckage no rust, so I don’t think it qualify.

C8-D1-B951-197-D-4-B33-B3-CF-EEFAD11-F47And finally this, the wreckage of the SS Empire Heritage off Malin head with at least three Sherman’s in it. If the GB gets the green light I think I’m going to try to model this.

Two thoughts though, as most of the aircraft wrecks are stripped or at least have panels missing the GB needs to run for a long time to allow for all that superdetailing.

Second one, if my personal circumstances are more or less the same in 2023, ie my ME doesn’t abate, I would have plenty of time available to  co host the GB, should Bertie want me of course :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Marklo said:

A71-D579-E-2165-4333-A12-D-D63-ED6953193

I’d love to model this kind of thing but it’s just wreckage no rust, so I don’t think it qualify.

Do it Marklo! I bet the driver's breeches were rusty. :poop: 

And wreckage starts with the same letter as wrust.

And if we declare it 'category five - scrap' then it's scrapheap material.

And we aren't too fussy here, its the spirit of the thing not the letter of the law.

I'd say if something is unrepairable or wasn't repaired it's on the downward path to a scattering of disorganised molecules = Entropy! Which point on that journey you choose to model it is entirely up to you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were pipped for the post of Co-host by JeroenS a few posts back, but I'll give you a call if we need extra back-up if that's ok?

• Like 1