So now I have to wait 7 months, procrastinating and changing my mind continuously???

I know, I'll do a......

Or a......

Nope, it'll be a......

Maybe a......

NO! Stop it!!!

What about a......

No, definitely a.....

Possibly a......

Stop looking at rusty, burnt out photos on Google image search.....

Put the phone down and back away....

And now I only have to type 'sc' before Google predicts scalemates 🙄.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Big Scuffer Al said:

So now I have to wait 7 months,

Stop moanin' Al. It could have been a year. 😁

And If I'd had the idea earlier and you'd signed up at the start, it might have been two full years.

Add on the four months of the actual run time and it might have been nearly two and a half years from first fort to final finish.

Crazy innit? Given the average age and condition of Britmodellers 10% of the Entropists will be dead before it's done. 😆

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Big Scuffer Al said:

Would that ⬆️ count as a viable diorama entry for this GB?

Asking for a friend 😁

Nice one Al.

I actually checked my life expectancy on the .gov website recently. Using data from last year's census they calculate that a healthy 65 year old man has an average life expectancy of 18.5 years. My birthday was back in the spring so that would be 18 years. Eek! The website added that covid deaths would have resulted in an underestimate (unless we have more pandemics of course), so I'm personally planning for twenty years. No need to buy any more big boat kits then...

5 hours ago, Muchmirth said:

actually this has potential! I could issue a gas mask before viewing the diorama? 😉

I have a gas mask. Spectators will watch without gas masks.😜

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Muchmirth said:

I could issue a gas mask

Be very very careful how you google for this.  You may well end up visiting some websites which can never be unseen.    :yikes:    It's probably better to use the word "respirator". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Be very very careful how you google for this.  You may well end up visiting some websites which can never be unseen.    :yikes:    It's probably better to use the word "respirator". 

Try looking for the masks made by the American (I think) company, General Installations (Military Products) or GIMP

• Haha 6

EA9-F7-D2-C-B6-C4-4-B99-81-CC-43-BE62-C9My first tip for the top. My MK V will be sacrificed on the alter of entropy….

DEE4888-D-4-ECA-48-B1-932-D-D6-CAC40-C99And then I found this..

1-ACDC017-908-D-4527-893-D-6-C51-AED7352And this, both of which I think are wonderful images, so I’m considering doing one or the other, particularly as based on my comments about building Spitfires there’s a certain irony in building one for the entropy GB :) .

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Bobby No Mac said:

Now that's a terrific pic :like:

Yes I’m thinking it’s deserving of at least 1/48 possibly 1/35 and I could utilise my many Tamiya figures from the spares box, since it’s only a bit of the Spitfire I may even just Scratchbuild it rather than butcher a kit ( might also be hard to track down a 1/35 spit anyway) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marklo said:

EA9-F7-D2-C-B6-C4-4-B99-81-CC-43-BE62-C9My first tip for the top. My MK V will be sacrificed on the alter of entropy….

DEE4888-D-4-ECA-48-B1-932-D-D6-CAC40-C99And then I found this..

1-ACDC017-908-D-4527-893-D-6-C51-AED7352And this, both of which I think are wonderful images, so I’m considering doing one or the other, particularly as based on my comments about building Spitfires there’s a certain irony in building one for the entropy GB :) .

If you don't do one of the buried aircraft, would you mind if I pinch

that idea?

8 hours ago, Marklo said:

No not at all. But I really like the idea of doing the one with the two German guards.

I don't know why I even asked. It's an aeroplane and I've sworn off aeroplanes haven't I? D'oh. 

It's a marvelous scene though. You should do it. The way the sand is burying the aeroplane is perfect for this GB.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Marklo said:

I’m no spitfire buff, can anyone tell me which mark of spitfire I’m looking at in the first photo?

I believe it's a Mk.I, P9374, that was recovered in the 80s and restored to flight.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

What do you think, Mark? It's your model, perhaps you should decide. 🙂

Not saying I’ll go do it  yet, but seeing as how most other modellers will start with a kit and I’ll be doing a diorama too, molding the canopy and shell would still leave me in the negative percentages compared to everyone else :) .

My sole reason for asking is that I may be re-entering the labour market next year and won’t have as much modelling time as I have at the moment so I’ll be doing as much legitimate prep for next year as I can.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Not saying I’ll go do it  yet, but seeing as how most other modellers will start with a kit and I’ll be doing a diorama too, molding the canopy and shell would still leave me in the negative percentages compared to everyone else :) .

My sole reason for asking is that I may be re-entering the labour market next year and won’t have as much modelling time as I have at the moment so I’ll be doing as much legitimate prep for next year as I can.

It's not a competitive GB so there aren't any rules here mate. Do whatever you like. Just save something to talk about when the thing begins in July.

• Like 1