Congratulations to all involved in your bunfight victory; especially to @Bertie McBoatface who dreamed up this idea in the first place and worked hard to keep it front and centre. 

I am really looking forward to seeing what comes of this one! 👍

• Like 3

Congratulations!

Now youwe are through, I can reveal that my intended victim for this build will be “inspired by” the civilian Catalina that has been slowly rotting away on a beach in Saudi Arabia for over sixty years. There’s lots of information about “Saudi Catalina” to be found on the web, including this site.

Obviously the airframe has changed over the years, so I will be using (ahem) artistic licence (cough) to select a configuration that is both picturesque and buildable by me in the time limit. I have two Catalina kits at my disposal, the Airfix and the Academy, and plenty of plastic card!

Bring on the rot!

Adrian

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Congratulations!

Now youwe are through, I can reveal that my intended victim for this build will be  “inspired by” the civilian Catalina that has been slowly rotting away on a beach in Saudi Arabia for over sixty years. There’s lots of information about “Saudi Catalina” to be found on the web, including this site.

Obviously the airframe has changed over the years, so I will be using (ahem) artistic licence (cough) to select a configuration that is both picturesque and buildable by me in the time limit. I have two Catalina kits at my disposal, the Airfix and the Academy, and plenty of plastic card!

Bring on the rot!

Adrian

That sounds exciting! The high wing configuration, especially if it's pointing one wingtip to the sky, promises a strong vertical element in the composition. Something that I find  hard to achieve in aircraft dioramas.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Congratulations!

Now youwe are through, I can reveal that my intended victim for this build will be “inspired by” the civilian Catalina that has been slowly rotting away on a beach in Saudi Arabia for over sixty years. 

Sixty years! 

Wow! That’s nearly as old as your Fairey Monoplane! 🤣

• Haha 1

• Bertie McBoatface changed the title to The Entropy Group Build - Scrapyard wrecks, abandoned machines, crashes and decay - ANY stash queen is suitable - the ALL-INCLUSIVE GB - Come and join us, come and join us, come and join our companeeeeeee!
37 minutes ago, jackroadkill said:

See, @Bertie McBoatface, I told you I had it covered!  Well done for your exemplary (and eccentric!) leadership in the whole GB process - it's been very entertaining and must be at least half the reason the proposal did so well.

I second that Jack! Top job Bertie, thanks for having the flash of inspiration to start all this!

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

Eccentric? Surely I'm the only normal person here???????

A ‘Normal’ Person!?!?

I’m not sure there’s any such animal. And if there is such a thing, you won’t find it here!

• Haha 1

To be serious for a minute chaps, I'm fair done-in at the moment. I've been pushing this proposal as hard as I could for the last eight months and if I don't take a break, I'll be sick of the whole thing before JULY THE FIRST 2023, which is our provisional start date. It's not just Entropy that's ironically wearing me away; the dog's sick again and so I haven't had a full night's sleep for a week or more and there are the usual real life issues too, both good and bad. Retirement is hard work at times - how did I ever manage to work for a living as well? 😆

So I'm going to change my follow preferences on this thread and only check it weakly for a while. If there's anything you want to talk about that can't wait a week, send me a PM. 

See you next week then, 

Perhaps you would appreciate a rest from my Bertimania too. 😄

• Like 5

• Bertie McBoatface changed the title to The Entropy Group Build - 1 July 2023 to 22 October 2023
7 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

Most of the voices agree with me too.

I asked my psychiatrist about the voices and he said they aren't significant and I shouldn't worry about them. But then the voices told me that I don't have a psychiatrist. 

• Haha 7