We lost a couple of votes overnight, I think. And lost some places, winding up in joint 11/12 place on 40 votes each. I have a feeling that everyone who was ever going to vote Entropy, had their names on our list already. And I have to admit strong-arming a few wavering recruits over the months leading up to the bunfight, who have since found easier challenges. It isn't over yet, there's still another week of polling, but I recommend having a back up plan.

There's no reason not to build the scrapyard dioramas as ordinary WIPs?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

Another week of the Bunfight to go and suddenly, I'm bored with it all. If someone else wants to take over the job of writing the encouraging comments for the next week, please go for it. Will it change anyone's voting? Probably not.

Don’t be disheartened mate. It’s still a fantastic idea and most original gb idea probably ever! I not sure but theirs a hard core of people here on this thread who’d really like ‘this thing of ours’ to go ahead so even if it doesn’t get through the bunfight what about we organise a thread, less formal than a gb, on the work in progress section (problem is what section?) which anyone can go into and start their build, not a gb with a time limit but a entropy work in progress (paradox or what?)? If I’m suggesting something  wrong or breaking rules here then please shout @Enzo the Magnificent that’s not my intention it’s just to see if another Collab of modellers can exist elsewhere in the forum without a time limit etc. No sign ups, no poll or final gallery but lots of rot and rust. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

We lost a couple of votes overnight, I think. And lost some places, winding up in joint 11/12 place on 40 votes each. I have a feeling that everyone who was ever going to vote Entropy, had their names on our list already. And I have to admit strong-arming a few wavering recruits over the months leading up to the bunfight, who have since found easier challenges. It isn't over yet, there's still another week of polling, but I recommend having a back up plan.

There's no reason not to build the scrapyard dioramas as ordinary WIPs?

I’ve only just seen you’re other post above now!! Where kinda already suggested what I’ve put above… looks like I tried to rob your idea but not intentional mate. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Muchmirth said:

Don’t be disheartened mate. It’s still a fantastic idea and most original gb idea probably ever! I not sure but theirs a hard core of people here on this thread who’d really like ‘this thing of ours’ to go ahead so even if it doesn’t get through the bunfight what about we organise a thread, less formal than a gb, on the work in progress section (problem is what section?) which anyone can go into and start their build, not a gb with a time limit but a entropy work in progress (paradox or what?)? If I’m suggesting something  wrong or breaking rules here then please shout @Enzo the Magnificent that’s not my intention it’s just to see if another Collab of modellers can exist elsewhere in the forum without a time limit etc. No sign ups, no poll or final gallery but lots of rot and rust. 

That's the spirit. We wouldn't even need a single thread. All we would have to do would be to follow each other's builds and then we could drop in and comment as if it was a group build. We could find each other by tagging the build Entropy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

That's the spirit. We wouldn't even need a single thread. All we would have to do would be to follow each other's builds and then we could drop in and comment as if it was a group build. We could find each other by tagging the build Entropy

Sounds like a plan my man 👍

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Muchmirth said:

If I’m suggesting something  wrong or breaking rules here then please shout @Enzo the Magnificent

There's no rule breakage here at all.  That just the way that things used to be done before the Groupbuild forum was formed. 

The groupbuild forum simply brings people together and gives a sense of structure with a nominal build length.

If you still wish to build your models with the groupbuild community, there is another option.  A couple of years ago we ran a "They Also Serve" groupbuild.  This was a seperate GB forum which lasted all year and was for people to build models which would fit in the proposals which didn't make the grade in the bunfight.  It hasn't been requested since, but if you want me to set the area up, I will do so.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The wonderful thing about britmodeller gbs is that if yours doesn't go through, the chances are you can fit your build theme into a number of others as theres loads, with several running simultaeneously.

so you could have a rusting wreck in desert camo, or a decomposing wreck at the bottom of the salty sea, or a crashed starfighter in southern europe guise and locale, or something in 144 scale or in 1/32 scale, or a sci fi build: a rusting at-at carcass, etc etc. comfort zone probably covers all!

in a way you can't lose. so enjoy 😊

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Dansk said:

The wonderful thing about britmodeller gbs is that if yours doesn't go through, the chances are you can fit your build theme into a number of others as theres loads, with several running simultaeneously.

so you could have a rusting wreck in desert camo, or a decomposing wreck at the bottom of the salty sea, or a crashed starfighter in southern europe guise and locale, or something in 144 scale or in 1/32 scale, or a sci fi build: a rusting at-at carcass, etc etc. comfort zone probably covers all!

in a way you can't lose. so enjoy 😊

We just want to talk to each other while we are doing it. (Ooooh, Matron!)

• Haha 2

Entropy had dropped 1 vote on Rich's daily poll, but has since picked up 2 votes.

There may be a bit of movement in the next few days, but we're still in a good position to make it through.

Don't throw all your rust pigment away just yet!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

There's no rule breakage here at all.  That just the way that things used to be done before the Groupbuild forum was formed. 

The groupbuild forum simply brings people together and gives a sense of structure with a nominal build length.

If you still wish to build your models with the groupbuild community, there is another option.  A couple of years ago we ran a "They Also Serve" groupbuild.  This was a seperate GB forum which lasted all year and was for people to build models which would fit in the proposals which didn't make the grade in the bunfight.  It hasn't been requested since, but if you want me to set the area up, I will do so.   

Thanks Enzo. Foods for thought

Maybe a possibility here but should probably see what happens at the end of the bunfight. As many have pointed theirs still time and any thing could happen.

What do you reckon Skip @Bertie McBoatface?

Thanks to @Dansk Paul that's a fair point you made their.

Thanks all,

Paul

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm itching to build my destroyed leopard and have been preparing and buying all sorts of paints and powders and scouring the internet for inspiration pictures and reading / watching youtube videos on replicating damage, this is still on, although it might not be in a group build......

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Mark Cassidy said:

Is it difficult to convince the admins to create a sub forum space? Would they be amenable to setting up a section titled Entropy? 

Apparently not, see @Enzo the Magnificent's comment above.

At time of writing we are on 44 votes which is a 10% increase over last time I looked. Unfortunately we are falling into a mid forties bump on the waistline of the @trickyrich chart. We may yet settle above the belt in the sunshine but if necessary, we now have openings below in which we can do our rusty business.

Lacking technological interest, I've produced the only chart that matters to me. In pencil, even!

y4mJIgg1fJ_23G64hteUCXE8jivoNoH3kyrh90q5

It's still too soon to crow but Entropy may now be above the contest that will be fought between the six proposals currently between 37 and 43, for positions nine. ten and eleven.

We need to hold our current 47 and pick up a few of the fall-out from the no-hopers to the left and the unnecessarily over-subscribed to the right.

• Like 2